Why does the punk scene hate Ramones now? It makes me sad

Why does the punk scene hate Ramones now? It makes me sad

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yy-SiZSlmhI
youtu.be/hqMJJAUsAuY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They always hated them

Why?

Also it's not true i saw them back in the mid 80s and the scene was still kicking

Because they were the most skillful band

they literally pissed on the drinks of the sex pistols based

Because they're not commies

You got trips, but plenty of punks still love The Ramones.

this

I will kick whom'st ever talks shit about the ramones

Not true since Ramones is like the most influential punk band of all time

A lot of people at my school could play the “Stairway to Heaven” guitar solo, but they couldn’t play three chords of a Ramones song if their life depended on it because they didn't have the strength or ability to do it. But all I did was practice that, and the style that I eventually fell into is more focused than people would actually imagine.

Misspelled Iggy and the Stooges

COOL STORY, BRO!

no he didn't

I'd side with you, but it's really contingent on your definition of punk. Many would argue Iggy and the Stooges influenced band to the point where punk became a thing.

kek, based

Not the poster but why be a cunt?

Says who?
Wrong

>caring what the "punk scene" thinks of a band
How very un-punk of you.

probably because it's pasta

Ah I see my newfag status is showing.

>punk scene
>2017

Wow. Your post ended in two of the same digit. I noticed that you're a giant newfag, so let me explain. Here on 4channel, we call those "dubs," which is slang for doubles. Congrats, friend!

>something something fuck Trump something something nazi punks fuck off
>the absolute state of "punk" music in 2017

youtu.be/yy-SiZSlmhI
youtu.be/hqMJJAUsAuY

Thanks for the info man! Really appreciate it

Not that poster either but, because it's a cunt's story
>everyone in school was better than me at guitar so I made up a story about how people who can play the solo from Stairway can't play a power chord so I could feel better about myself

on the lyrical side they never were punk. they were childish shit.

Because they make boring shit music for normies

Because punk has been hijacked by nu-males who feel intimidated by their music.

Punk has always been corporate garbage to appeal to dumbasses who latch onto any counter culture because their middle class american lives are so mundane they'll take anything to relieve the monotony

Misspelled Link Wray & his Wraymen

>Anergy
how serious are they?

>Me sitting in Australia which has a fucking great community of punk bands right now

Seemed to me like all the 80s Hardcore Punk bands as well as the 90s Punk and even the 90s/2000s Pop-Punk bands ALL respected the Ramones. I'm sure there were some exceptions but I don't think I've ever seen a well respected or great Punk band shit on the Ramones.

The ones who do probably just can't look past the fact that they were essentially just a Pop band and became progressively more tame and mainstream with each album. But, regardless of what they may think, the debut Ramones album is essentially ground zero for all Punk that followed. IMO it was the album that separated the "proto-punk" bands from the "punk" bands. Much like the debut Sabbath album did for Metal. People can argue until the end of time about what is the "true" first punk album but I don't think you'll find a much closer answer than the debut from Ramones.

It's a Kevin Shields quote

>Australia
>Good music
Hahahahahahahaha

>Shitting on an entire country's output because you can't be fucked to listen to any of it
hahahahaha

kevin is an angel. fuck you, you nig

>implying
I am australian cunt, there's good singles but no good bands

Cosmic Kahuna
Private Function
Cosmic Psychos
Mesa Cosa
Agent 37
Frenzal Rhomb
The Bennies

And that's just punk

Literally all shit you burger
>inb4 you haven't heard them xD
I've heard all of them and they're all garbage

Hey man, same.

Foley! do it for you? They kick ass live.

Heard of em but haven't heard em yet

I bet you're the type that goes to shows and then complains about moshing and crowdsurfing. Who is a good punk band then?

I don't, it's just punk is a joke of a scene filled with commies and hypocrites
Good punk bands
>Rites of Spring
>Moss Icon
>Embrace
>Minor Threat
>Fugazi
>Dead Kennedys

Hang on, did you say you already knew of Agent 37? when and where did you see them?
Genuinely curious, they're from my city

Don't remember, a while ago in vic

And you didn't enjoy their performance?
Look man, my stated belief is that good and bad music doesn't exist, there is only music and subjectivity. So you can say all the local bands are shit and it will be true, for you. But you seem like you could be having a lot more fun if you just enjoy what's going on. There's lots of great music out there if you go looking, I guarantee it

I really hate Australian music because it's either dumb ironic shit or trying too hard to emulate america

I don't think there are any bands out there that sit down and say, "how can we be more American?". There may be some with that kind of mindset in the pop or other big money genres but in the local bands and independant stuff I have never got that kind of vibe. And the Cosmic Psychos are 100% neither ironic or American(ised) so that's one. Give Flour a go too they feel a little like Daddy Cool or the Easybeats but more recent

based kevin

You might've gotten dubs, but I'm Johnny Ramone!

You obviously weren't alive in the mid 1970s and weren't subjected to top 40 radio.

Back then The Ramones were punk as fuck! As somebody once pointed out with lyrics like "Beat on the brat with a baseball bat" "They're going down to San Francisco to join the S.L.A." "Now I wanna sniff some glue" "I'm a nazi baby, yes I am" THE CARPENTERS AND CAPTAIN AND TENILLE THAY AINT! This shit was PUNK back in 1976!

So, Mr. and Mrs. 2017, what kind of lyrics do YOU consider "Punk" and what bands do you consider punk? (And please, no political "Hurr Durr Drumpf is a nazi" shit. Everybody's doing that to the point that it's shooting fish in a barrel)

cos 'er shite m8.

nah

YA THEY ARE YA FUCKFACE.

nah

up ur bum pal.

MOTHERFUCKER SHUT UP I FUCKING HATE YOU AND YOUR YELLOWNIGGERS

Because they're right wing