Best player... ever?

Best player... ever?

Yes

Trips confirm.

I've only been watching hoops since 1998, and only seriously since 2006. So yeah, he's the best player ever if you consider the time period where I actually know what I'm talking about

that's not Michael Jordan

how many games of Michael did watch after you turned 18?

You're right

lebrons better, its not even a debate

James = greatest player ever already
Jordan = greatest winner/competitor

pic related against the greatest team on paper down 3-1 in the finals for a cursed team/city is the greatest accomplishment in sports history

>draymond suspended.jpg

Maybe draymond shouldn't be kicking/grabbing people's nuts

>le draymeme suspension after Cle got refeballed in gm4
>Cle still wins gm5 by 15, as if draymeme matters
>losing gm7 on homecourt at full strength

Fuck Lebrun

You're wrong and clearly unqualified to enter any sort of "debate" from this point forward. Good luck in life, user.

He will be recognized as the GOAT 5 years after he retires.

Jordan never lost a Finals.

Every finals you don't make it to is a loss
Jordan is 6-9

>never averaged a triple double
More like LeGarbage

in that case lebron is 3-10.

and ur counting the two seasons with the wizards?

jordan with the bulls was 6 and 7 in 13 seasons.

>tfw bb GOAT discussion
>no kareem

jesse owens won olympic gold in 100m

asafa powell has not

asafa powell is a much better 100m runner than jesse owens

Kareem is the thinking man's choice for GOAT.

YEs because you know their best defender, rebounder and their 2 second best scorer in that series that was averaging more than 20 points at home, doesn't matter. Add that to the fact if draymond was playing, Andrew wouldn't have gotten hurt, and Iggys back wouldn't have given out in game 6. You lesexuals can remember the 2016 finals anyway you want but the fact is, if draymond never gets suspended the Warriors win. Also I haven't even mentioned Harrison Barnes shooting the worst out of anyone in nba finals history from game 5-7, he wasn't he even be guarded, they left him wide open and he was still missing.

Why would I not count the two seasons with the Wizards? Do you not count Kobes last 3 with the Lakers? Because Jordan's Wizard years were better than Kobes last 3

legod is objectively the greatest of all time

nigga you are so butthurt

Went first 6 years without making the NBA Finals while other greats turned teams around 1st year by themselves.

Morons gotta moron.

no. you can argue whether lebron is a better player than mj but lebron never dominated in his era like mj, who played in a much tougher league. he went through bird's celtics, showtime lakers, the bad boys pistons, hakeem, malone & stockton, etc all of whom are legends. remember, he won 6 titles in a span of 8 season, including one in which he took up baseball for fun

wrong

the nba today is the strongest it has ever been

>while other greats turned teams around 1st year by themselves.

Name one.

No he's right, it was a tougher league, the rules made it generally harder on the body and harder to score.

The players nowadays are better, more athletic and more skilled in general, however. And the rules have been changed.

the eastern conference has been a running joke for the last 10 years. i give credit to lbj for making the finals 7 (?) times but the level of competition is incomparable to the early 90's. can you point to legitimate title contenders besides gsw and cavs? i think not

t. Colin Cowherd

Houston and San Antonio are good, it's just that GSW is the greatest team ever so they make other legit contenders seem weak.

>The players nowadays are better, more athletic and more skilled in general, however.

You don't think so?

Lebron is my favorite player to watch in the NBA. I don't understand why people would hate him and say he's overrated. He does so much on the court. Makes good passes, posts up, makes 3's shoots off the dribble, rebounds, plays lockdown defense, chasedown blocks. He does everything you would need from a basketball player.

Defiantly the most physically gifted player ever.

MJ will always be my favourite because he was more driven and honed his skills to win.

He's ugly, stupid, not creative, a choker, a whiner, not graceful, boring, stands for the wrong things, is a try-hard asshole. I don't understand how anybody could like him. He's been playing for like 15 years and has like 3 highlights to his name, he's just not fun or exciting to watch, a big mouth breathing monkey man

Past two finals
Warriors playoff opponents combined wins = 296
Cavaliers playoff opponents combined wins = 298
>m-muh weak east

no i do, thats why this is the best the nba has ever been and why lebron is the best ever

yes but the guy you replied to wasn't suggesting the players were worse, he was saying the league was tougher, as in there were enforcers, brawls, the playstyle was very violent, and there were more stacked teams to navigate thru in the post-season.

LeBron is good and all but he benefits from nobody being able to bully him or play historic NBA defense against him. Luckily he's a mental midget and does a lot it to himself.

Jordan was brutalized and played TOUGH defenses, you cannot play that way anymore. He would average 35 a game in the modern NBA.

>Historic NBA defence
You mean hand check and only zone defence?
Could Jordan put up the same numbers with two people marking him? Would he be as good defensively without the hand check?

yeah much tougher literally can't double team

much much tougher!

>Could Jordan put up the same numbers with two people marking him?

Yes, he was incredibly quick and very explosive. And his fade-away jumper was essentially unguardable. And this is conjecture but I think he would learn to leverage the three-point shot pretty well, since he was highly adaptable and competitive.

>Would he be as good defensively without the hand check?

Maybe not 1:1 stats but he was always the smartest player on the court, that will always lead to steals, blocks, turnovers, and ball stoppages no matter the era.

>Could Jordan put up the same numbers with two people marking him? Would he be as good defensively without the hand check?

The other players in the league also had these "advantages" and he was still better than all of them.