ITT: Paid critics

The only explanation.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YrJeNfb0bJg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yes. critics are paid. by definition. or otherwise they would not count as critics.

and yes, they are mouthpieces for whoever is paying them.

this is something you should have realized around 15.

>average rating 6.8
How about you look more closely before venting your autism, the movie s mediocre

>16 people thought it was slightly above average
>CONSPIRACY, ALL CRITICS ARE IN DISNEY'S POKET, WHY DON'T MY RATMAN MOVIES DO THIS GOOD WAAAHHHH

>2016
>caring about reviews

They don't have to be paid. The "reviewers" are mostly graduate of liberal arts of universities in SJW cities, thus by self-selection have shitty taste.

RT has no credibility left anyways.
And I doubt the movie will be very successful financially because of the capeshit fatigue.
It will cash less than a Thor movie or even Ant-man.

>capeshit fatigue.

BvSfan detected

>6.8

you do realize that there's anti-shilling too?

I'd rather trust the professional reviewers than fatfuck contrarians who live in mommy's basement.

this
benedict "i hate niggers" cumbermeme is a beloved actor in the SJW community for some reason

You dumbfucks STILL have no idea how rotten tomatoes works.

RT doesn't review movies

This.

when everything else is a pile of shit, even mediocrity is at least a 3/4.

that's not critics saying it's a perfect movie, that's just saying that 100% of critics included in the tomatometer thought it was a better than a 5/10

it could easily mean that all of the critics thought it was slightly above average

Man i went to look at this just because why not.. learnt a few things...

>storks is at 64% even though its trash, and i mean i watch alot of shit movies but i actually stopped this one.

>supergirl is 100% which is just wtf.. but thats a DC show so i don't know how that could happen is MCU wins everything

>cumerbatchs name will forever be ruined in my mind from that tumblr faggot "cumberbritches"

>RT is stupid and Sup Forums still uses it as a meter for some reason.

My best friend is a movie critic and he's also a member of RottenTomatoes. He tells me that even though he has the freedom to rate any movie whoever he wants, the studios that give him access to their screenings expect a good review from him and if they consider a review negative towards them in any way they ban him from any future screenings. He's currently banned from Sony and Disney screenings for bad reviews and then publishing them in the past, which is actually his job kek

This.

I went in to BvS thinking its pure cancer and it was a meh movie being over burdened by a poor portrayal of Superman

No, I think it's
>6.8

You should read what Daniel Kahneman wrote about substitution.

That's bad for business. You can't ban a critic from movies, just from early screenings and if you give them the cold shoulder they're just going to be more likely to give negative criticism.

Fucking studio idiots.

DO people still not understand how rt works?

Same thing goes to smartphone reviewer. Talk shit about them, no more content for your channel (though that's a weak excuse)

I was expecting this to have a solid 7.0...so I'm not surprised. The comparison to Inception was always going to drag it down even though Dr. Strange was doing that shit in the comics before Inception was an itch in Nolan's pants.

Whatever, I just hope Dr. Strange makes it into Infinity War.

It's been cofirmed that Doctor Strange will be in both Avengers 3 and 4. His partner, Wong, will be in Avengers 3.

Hot damn, it's doing that well? This is going to be amazing. Can't wait to go see it.

So he dies in Avengers 3 then? I guess he took a Wong turn

Or maybe you're just a DCuck

When they're sucking cultural marxist cock i tend to stay the fuck away from them. Like most mainstream reviewers are doing by the way.

>Company has consistently put out crowdpleasing blockbusters in this genre for 10 years
>has Ben doing top of the line business for decades
>all star cast
>fresh take on the genre
>most critics have a mostly positive opinion of the movie

>they must be shills reeeeeeeee

>Marvelet Detected.
How's the weather down there lil man?

>2016
>still not knowing how Rotten Tomatoes works

>and yes, they are mouthpieces for whoever is paying them.
But they're all being paid by different people. A critic's salary comes from the journalistic company they work for. So where would the Marvel bias come in?

RT was right about BvS tho

Rotten Tomatoes need to be shut down. That could easily mean an average of 6/10. Fuck Rotten Tomatoes. It only promotes safe, inoffensive movies that aren't daring enough to suck or be great. It's the same mediocre shit that gets shit out by the month.

Fuck Rotten Tomatoes.

>it could easily mean that all of the critics thought it was slightly above average
That's exactly what it means. Looking at not only the Tomatometer but the average score (6.9 right now) tells you a more full story: no one so far has disliked it, but it doesn't stand out especially.

>This is going to be amazing.
100% RT score does not mean "amazing", It means "liked by everyone"

RT doesn't review movies you nincompoop

Disney just keeps making the same film over and over again. And people always go see them.

No. A lot of film critics are just idiots. Case in point: Steve Winetraub of Collider stated with a straight face that "DOCTOR STRANGE is unlike any previous Marvel movie and that’s why I love Marvel. They keep pushing boundaries and make it look easy."

Just what fucking reality is he living in where Marvel is pushing any fucking boundaries?

The amount of people that don't know how RT works is astounding.

It collects reviews and then turns a 6/10 into a positive and a 4/10 review into a negative. So trash like Civil War that gets 6/10 across the boards till gets a fresh rating on RT due to its method.

Shut the fuck up and read my post next time.

No dip, Sherlock

Are you saying 6/10 is not positive and 4/10 is not negative?

In fact this movie looks like the best 'fresh take' I've ever seen. Everything about it screams "Wizarding World" but NOTHING about it screams "Harry Potter."

I love the direction this project was taken in

6/10 is mediocre and 4/10 is slightly below mediocre. What RT does it that it turns a small difference in review score into a massive gap by assigning binary value to it. It only promotes further mediocre safe space shit movies like Marvel loves shitting out.

the critics themselves determine if the review is positive or negative

>movie isn't out yet
>has high reviews

lets pretend this hasn't happened with just about every movie of the last 20 years that didn't do something incredibly stupid like embargo reviews.

Remember, the rating scale goes
>1-7: trash
>8: watchable
>9: alright
>10: maybe decent

So reviewers are again being tunneled into a binary review system that in the meta benefits slightly above average film while greatly harming films that polarize and challenge common mentality.

Again, RT is cancer. There is no way around it.

I have to laugh every time I see somebody criticizing great movies made for us normal people who actually leave our house to interact with other normal people. Fuck these autist cunts in their fedora-wearing asses. It's like some unwritten rule in their pathetic notebook that they have to be miserable at everything, that the world is "shit" and everything they hear or see is "shit" and the agenda of everyone is "shit".

We get it. We watched that South Park episode, too. You have Asperger's Syndrome. Now drink some whisky, lighten the fuck up and seek help for it. You're not the only one in that boat, bucko.

WE rule this board, now. WE decide who's cool and who's not. You rock spiders clinging to the Sup Forums of the past? The ones that yearn for Bela Tarr marathons while you lick Dorito crumbs off of your fingers and weep for "being born in the wrong generation"? You're archaic. You're ancient fucking history. You've been left behind.

Come out of your basement, you cave-dwellers. Come and celebrate the new millennium by watching Doctor Strange with the rest of us. It's the present year and we have cake. Even though it's a lie.

>6/10 is mediocre and 4/10 is slightly below mediocre.

And now it's begin.

New marketing pasta
Does it come in other flavors

Challenging movies that actually polarize benefit greatly from RT.

Our guy

Yes, it also comes in "shut your cunt hole of a mouth," and "maybe you should shave and take a bath once in awhile."

Post ex fast clicker

I love this guy. He gave Turtles 2 and Now You See Me 2 glowing reviews if i remember correctly.

>tho
Stopped reading there.

>2016
>DCfags still think that Disney has bought critics

Based.

Based Scott BTFO Marvel shills.

wtf is the context of this image?

>If Shillary does is ok but if Disney does it is bad

Ok guys.

If Hillary would be in charge of Marvel marketing she would organise shootings at movie theaters when DC movies are being played.

The weather down in Singapore? Why its pretty good. No witner whatsoever.

And we get movies early, so we know when movies are capekino like Civil War and Warcraft, and capeshit like BvS, Suicide Squad and Fembusters 2016

Ayy lmao

Burnt memes > dank memes

The new trailer is out:

youtu.be/YrJeNfb0bJg

Does RT have the same critics review each movie?
What do I need to do to get my review posted.
It feels like all those who love Marvel go out of their way to write a good review for Marvel films, and then go review a DC film, and write it a bad review.

And I'm sure there are plenty of DC fans who go specifically to write a good DC review.

no?

RT doesn't have reviews written, idiot. It's an aggregate.

Why is he so smug bros

You all know which critic's voice should be heard. I wait in anticipation

its ogre

marvel is kill

>gave Ghostbusters (2016) 6/10
>Batman v Superman 5/10
Maybe disney forgot to pay him.

That 6.8 is the average score from critics, you idiots

O U R G U Y
U
R
G
U
Y

Read his review and it's a bit on the petty side. The introductory paragraph manifests this aura of palpable glee on his side, to be "the one who'll throw a wrench into Disney's plans". Makes the following review appear as a means to facilitate that goal, as opposed to a genuine attempt to rate the movie as its own thing. Some of the arguments are a bit on the flimsy side as well. "Strange doesn't have a character arc" he postulates, while proceeding to describe just that, Strange's character arc, followed by a conclusion that "it doesn't count" though, because reasons. But hey, he got me to click on his article, so I guess he has the last laugh.

Birdman, in fact the entire oscars

The epitome of Sup Forums

Ryan Reynolds AND Benedict Cuminbitch meme actors BTFO in one fell swoop

OUR GUY

6.8 is barely above average.

The movie is probably just 'eh'

Have you seen the movie OP? Then how do you know that this doesn't accurately reflect the quality of the movie?

Fatigue was caused by the flood of shit DC movies. Their badly made movies are ruining peoples perception on Cape flicks .

could you epxlain it to us?

>making up things on Sup Forums
cool

>caring about some snobs that only represent themselves and not the rest of the viewers and that are most of the time just plane wrong on the movie

Here's the key to the trick. Disney is relying on Rotten Tomatoes inherently obfusicative score representation to influence public opinion

When they pay off these critics (not monetarily, but with other endorements), theymake it clear that they dont want a 9/10 or even a 8/10. They simply want a fresh review. If the critic thinks the movie is a 4/10, then bump that up to a 6/10 and give it fresh and then you stay within Disneys good graces.

The average rating can be whatever. Disney doesnt care about that in the slightest.

95% ON ROTTEN TOMATOES
six point five out ten average score
95% ON ROTTEN TOMATOES
95% ON ROTTEN TOMATOES
95% ON ROTTEN TOMATOES

Its truly insidious and evil
I hate Rotten Tomatoes as a concept and as a website and as a organization with the utmost passion. It baffles my mind that other non-Disney studios havent banded together to destroy it. Instead pathetic companies like Sony are now branding Rotten Tomatoes scores onto the home media covers of their movies

>it's another capeshit obsessed faggot pretending he won't see it opening night

why do you keep making these?

like the rest of the marvel films then

Funny thing is that you can't even argue that he says that Strange is shit because he's a DCuck, since he actively shat on both BvS and recently Suicide Squad for all its run.

Thing is, I read other reviews and they say the same thing (same old MCU plot with TRIPPY VISUALS) but the score is fresh. I don't get it.

I take it you've never read his dozens of "I hope Suicide Squad will fail" articles. The guy isn't biased.

How is it that after so many years, you faggots still don't understand how RT even works?

Rotten Tomato's parent company isn't Disney...

>EVERYONE IS PAID OFF!
>EVERYONE!
>IT'S ALL ONE BIG CONSPIRACY