There are """people"""" out there who think the beatles were better than the beach boys

>There are """people"""" out there who think the beatles were better than the beach boys

absolutely fucking disgusting

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tIieHL8LerI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>There are """people""" out there who think Pet Sounds is influential in some way

absolutely fucking disgusting

>There are """people""" out there who believe Kokomo isn't the greatest song ever composed. youtube.com/watch?v=tIieHL8LerI

>beach boys
chad tier

>beatles
virgin tier

actually they aren't compared as often as Elvis and The Beatles have been for decades, but mu disregards his existence

if you listen to sgt peppers, then smile sessions, you just cant compare

brian was lightyears ahead, and sgt peppers is a damn fine album. brian was just too good for his own good

>momrock

>there are """"folks"""" out there who think that The Beach Boys are better than The Beatles

Brian had one style he did excellently and that was it. Also he didn't know when he had crossed the line of "too much stuff at once".

I could do what Brian Wilson did. Just get a fuckload of goofy instruments like bike bells and glockenspiels and play them all at once, then put some cheesy vocal harmonies over it. Fucking trash.

hello Mike

Beatles were more consistent but Beach Boys peaked higher.

this a million times

pretty good desu

Beach Boys only had one good album. The Beatles had many.

>abba
god tier?

the only people who actually think the beach boys are better than the beatles are people who are more concerned with the context of the artist creating the music than the actual music itself, beach boys made great music yeah, pet sounds kicks ass and so does the smile sessions but they cant compare to the beatles constant 10/10 albums, rubber soul, revolver, sgt peppers, abbey road,

>people who are more concerned with the context of the artist creating the music than the actual music itself
This is like half the reason The Beatles are as acclaimed as they are though

rubber soul is such a goddamn meme that whenever i see a post praising it as above 6/10 without rigorous explanation i just tune the entire post out. same with revolver

sgt peppers, abbey road, help!, a hard days night like yeah i can smell what your stepping in but really anything outside of that demands some kind of explanation

Whole album sounds like it was recorded at a highschool theater

this
smile is the greatest psych-pop album of all time

it's wall of sound production and then smashed through a reverb chamber
still more interesting than beatles production by miles
>muh backwards guitars

>The Beach Boys' Brian Wilson listens to Rubber Soul. As Brian Wilson later recalled, the Beatles' sixth album was the first release he'd ever heard where every song "went together like no album ever made before"

Might as well tune out Brian's whole discography.

The Beach Boys and the Beatles are two different bands, why do you have to compare them?

nah thats nonsense
i like brians music not his opinions about pretty much anything ever

The Beatles were better because they knew when to stop eating acid. Bri didn't.

beach boys
>classically trained rich college kids from california
beatles
>working class lads from liverpool who came from nothing and were entirely self taught
Which one is chad again?

>A Day in the Life
vs.
>Surf's Up

Cast your vote, which song is the greatest?

which version of surfs up

Smile Sessions.

day in the life creeps me out now (even more so than before, those massive walls of sound wtf beatles ;_;) when i listen to it because i read too much of the dead paul stuff so i guess surf's up

there are """""people""""" out there who actually support Mike Love now that he owns the Beach Boys solely due to legal reasons.

They're both in my top 5 artist ever so I'm fine with that opinion, but Beatles are better desu.

Brians use of LSD is completely overexaggerated by most of the media and even by a lot of fans desu.

Beach boys are for 16 year olds who just realised that liking the beatles isn't enough to be a patrician. Pet sounds is their only good album because Smile doesn't count.

That's the only side it has to the production, The Beatles pretty much revolutionized recording in much more subtle ways with a far more lasting impact. We still use the way that The Beatles recorded bass and drums, while the way that The Beach Boys recorded their stuff has all but been abandoned due to cost and being made to be effective on 60's radios.