Job: Night filler at a major supermarket chain (non-perishable, dairy and frozen food)

Job: Night filler at a major supermarket chain (non-perishable, dairy and frozen food)

>Lots of stock doesn't get rotated. If you want the freshes shit, your safest bet is not grabbing the stuff at the back of the shelf but by checking the dates
>We get to eat whatever stock gets torn open accidentally ie bags of chips etc
>many rules get broken in regards to spillages, shit lying around etc most employees dont give a single fuck
>there's sometimes stock left on shelves that have been sitting there for months and have become unrecognisable
>We're not suppose to stock shelves if just one item from a box won't fit. Most night-fillers will solve this problem by tucking it behind another item (which we're not suppose to do)
>most people at work don't know how to change the baler despite the fact some of them have been there for years. its a fucking disgrace seeing as it's not hard to do
>some customers come in and ask where stuff is when theres literally shelves of the exact shit they're after right in front of them

Job: Security guard

>I’m literally on my phone all day
>idc what happens just leave me alone

bump

Job: Software Engineer at financial institution
> Sit in 6 to 8 hours of meetings per day
> Try to determine requirements from "business systems analysts" that do not understand the business, nor systems, nor technology
> Work with "agile" teams that use two week sprints as an excuse not to do any planning or upfront design.
> Forced to deal with vague as fuck user stories as a replacement for actual requirement specification documents.
> Expected to hand hold offshore job stealing Indian developers that create more problems and work than what they solve.
> Expected to work all weekend when they are doing a release because stuff gets all fucked up and Indians do not have the intelligence or education to solve the problems they create.
> Have to work with sub par vendor application that we have no control over.
> Live every day sitting in traffic for an hour and a half each way because i live in a city with no good jobs and this is the best I can do.
> Live with the knowledge that if I were allowed to pick a team of a handful of qualified Americans then I could complete the project with much better quality, vastly cheaper and much faster but I cant because politics.
> Deal with managers that get judged on having huge budgets and bloated teams of unqualified Indians and soccer moms so it is against their interest to build a small team of quality engineers.
> Make great money but frigid wife spends it all and has me trapped.
> Resigned to being a soulless corporate drone until I die of a heart attack by the age of 55.

>Indians
There are literally millions of Indians waiting to take Western jobs in computing and programming. and they're being handed the jobs too . It's fucked up

No kidding. It isn't even about the money either. Like I said, you need huge teams of them to even get close to the same results that a small team of quality American engineers can do. The problem is that Americans are harder to control.

If you treat American engineers poorly they move on. If you treat Indian "engineers" poorly they spread their ass and beg for more, because getting proverbially ass raped is vastly better than shitting in the streets.

It is a power struggle against true engineers from non technical MBA culture that wants to desperately treat the production of software like a commodity that can be produced on an assembly line when in reality it is more like an artisan craftsman making custom pieces.

My organization is getting ready to hop on the agile bandwagon. Is it really that big of a cluster fuck? I'm well aware of the pains of H1B Indian IT staff.

Google Agile Scrum Michael O Church and read hia epic blog post.

Yes, it is worse than you imagine.

So far we've only been allowed to talk to Agile trainers and consultants, so everything has been how great Agile will be for us.

LOL I have been known to be kind of a dick about the cardboard baler.
>did you just fill the baler?
>uh...
>so why don't you finish it?
>duh well I don't really know...
>lets show you how its done right now
>but its late and the other shift ...
>STFU and get on it

Fucking snakeoil salesmen. Search your feelings young padawan, you know it to be true.

mixing engineer
>most edm producer suck absolute balls
>I have to always replay parts in
>deleting crap is almost second nature
>when the songs drop they never mention me again
>fucking kids

I'm not surprised. Our executive management hears buzzwords and dives in. We have one who is completely convinced all of the world's problems could be solved through lean.

I also work at a supermarket chain and I feel bad about not doing the bailer but people always expect you to do shit even if you've never been shown how.. it seems like the training can be half assed at best

> "As your new director, I am happy with the direction of the previous leadership so lets not needlessly change things that are working well for us."

- No Executive Manager in the history of mankind

Junior partner at an audit firm
>biggest part of my job is keeping track of clients at other firms and switching them to us
>collegues with the big wallets maintain clients by managing their funds through grey legal areas
>it doesn't matter because laws change all the time and when the practise is found out we have a specific fund to cover for the expenses
>my boss regularly had dinner wirh Dijsselbloem on the very subject of these laws
>basically we bought sp many ministers internationally, if they'd bring it out an entire parlament would have to be fired

Call center agent for water heater repair and replacement.
>Water heater not working
Call the manufacturer first. Odds are you need a replacement part the at they won't let us carry. If you're under even partial warranty they will send you the part for free overnight. Call us back when it arrives, you shorten the time you have cold water and eliminate the need for us to make a return trip, which we charge extra for.
>Water heater is leaking
If it's from a hose or connection to it, call a tech, it's just a lose fitting.
If it's from the bottom. Call the manufacturer first, they will authorize the replacement of the tank, then call a tech to set it up.
>No hot / not enough hot water at a specific spot in your home (shower especially)
Don't fucking call us. This is not a water heater problem. You've got a sediment buildup in your mixing valve or the shower head. All your water heater does is make hot water. If it was a problem with the tank, then you would have the same problem at every tap.
>Saying "Hot water heater"
I will literally hang up on your ass if you say that ignorant shit.

it isn't rocket science, dumbass. learn to man.

If you could produce a certain type of music what would it be?

You're hired so the important and expensive people won't have to deal with the first layer of contact. You're there to relieve a part of the job, not fix the issue so go back to your shitty cubicle and perform your 10 buck/hour job and stop whining about the shitty job that you got yourself into, mister hot water heater.

Programmer here

Don't set arbitrary deadlines as a costumer.
If you get told that shit will takes a month and you will be like
>No i want it in two weeks
then you will get it in two weeks and think how badass you are for putting your foot down
But what you wont see is two weeks worth of massive cut corners everywhere including debugging.
You will be getting a card with a hamster wheel to power it instead of an engine

>Call center agents make the same as techs on average, only difference is I get paid hourly where as the techs are paid per job.
>Most of my job consists of scheduling appointments, they just don't understand water heaters well enough to avoid tossing money at a problem that doesn't require any.
>I fucking love this job. I spend most of my day fucking around, especially during the warmer months. I take home between 2600-3200 a month. I'm only posting these tips to prevent people from spending money unnecessarily.

work as Network Engineer at international company. Team consisted from Singaporeans ( Philippians) and us. Company gets great idea of saving funds by firing Singapore team and hiring Indians. My job is hell ever since. Singapore guys were legitimately great, fucking indians are living memes.

do you have a designated shitting server?

Everything Indians touch becomes designated shitting spot.

You prefer waterfall?

Don't worry, anyone involved with audits knows it's just a gimmick to make it look like something's being done.

Why the manufacturer 1st?
My water heater actually just went out yesterday.
It's leaking from the bottom.
I'm probably going to go buy one from Lowe's and install it, doesn't look that hard.
Any things I should watch for?
Thanks

Options Trader and Realtor here.

I learned the trade about 15 years ago, constantly told it's all coming to an end, etc. But I'm still here. My best trait is that I can sniff out BS from a mile away. No one is going to tell you their secrets. Why let everyone know you have a goose that lays golden eggs? Do your research, take baby steps,

It gets boring, so I became a Realtor. The most important skill is shutting your own mouth and listening. Learn to read faces, voice patterns and tones, body language. Dress nicely, but not too nicely.

> sell cars
> I don’t give a shit about my customer but I have to pretend to otherwise I don’t make money
> I might spend 4 hours with someone and still make no money
> I work 10-12 hours a day, 5 days a week and most of it is standing around or being on here
> I don’t give a shit about anyone actually, not my bosses or CO workers
> get to drive all the cool cars whenever I want
> we purposely fuck you and nobody cares about it because 9/10 nobody notices
> I’m good enough at my job to get people to trust me and never ever realize the ass fucking I just gave them as they happily smile and wave and drive off the lot

I was a nice guy before this job I swear to god and now I drink close to 3 or 4 bottles of liquor a week, just after work and on Sundays and the one other day off a week a get to silence the pain.

Job: Translator

>usual quota is 10 pages a day
>Jerk off whence every few pages ends
>I work with my shorts and sweater.
>I work at bed, at couch and toilet seater.

There is no secret but now yall jelly