Post bands/artists that you enjoy, but also have fan bases that disgust you

Post bands/artists that you enjoy, but also have fan bases that disgust you.

Other urls found in this thread:

blabbermouth.net/news/maynard-james-keenan-calls-tool-fans-insufferable/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I fucking hate most punk fans. They're some of the most retarded manchildren I've ever met.

Death Grips fans are so bad that I almost can't enjoy the music anymore because of them. Pure cancer.

I would describe Mac DeMarco's fans as chillfascists, "militantly chill"

Step Dad
Utada
Death Grips (like said)

I'm sure there's more but I mostly avoid all fanbases if I can.

I love cheesy Prog Rock to death but I'm really scared to interact with the sweaty nerds/stoners who are on dedicated prog forums.

Twenty one pilots. Blurryface was a mistake

Eminem
>people who think lose yourself is a good song
>people who only know his popular songs
>people who think rap god is his best song just because it's fast

Twenty one pilots fans are almost always really irritable and angry with stupid hairstyles

I actively avoid talking about Kate Bush on Sup Forums

Insane Clown Posse, genuinely find their music fun, but will ever admit it to anyone because I don’t want to be associated with the absolute cancer that is Juggalos

Seconded

I can be irritable but my hair is normal. A lot of them are still in high school too so I'm clearly an outlier

whatever you feel like man

Tool fans can be pretty insufferable. Have to agree with Twenty One Pilots too. I actually liked listening to Vessel just as some interesting pop music, but all the preteens who think the shit is life changing ruined it. Also, fuck those people standing at the back of every EDM show with their dumbass lightup gloves. Shit's so cringey, why can't people just go roll their dicks off and look at the pretty lights on stage? Why do you need to be part of the fucking show?

La Dispute. I fucking love La Dispute. I think they're one of the best Post-hardcore bands of the 2010s.

A lot of their fans are just Tumblr bitches who like to quote pretty lines from Jordan Dreyer (desu he is a fantastic lyricist)

it's your fault for enjoying twenty one pilots

damn, those quads

??

Radiohead. Fanbase is full of pretentious dilettantes that don't bother exploring past generic Pitchfork-core yet act like Radiohead is God's gift to mankind and the amount of vitriol spewed by the anti-Radiohead backlash makes discussing them damn near impossible. Thanks asshats.

green day.the band post american idiot has the most retarded fanbase. let me explain: these are the guys who only know american idiot or the trilogy if your lucky. these people are either retards who think the trilogy was a work of art or, children who think they're punk by owning american idiot. i'm not insulting the 39-warning fan base. the people mentioned annoy me to death.

Immortal. Quality and consistency wise it's probably the best black metal band ever, but the whole gimmick their fans instigate is disgusting to me. Also, their goodness makes them too accessible for tourists. I still think Pure Holocaust is one of the best albums ever.

>Also, their goodness makes them too accessible for tourists.
lol fuck off

t. tourist

if every pet sounds stan got 86d from life the beach boys would have a perfect fanbase

talking about neutral milk hotel is impossible because everyone just screams memes into their keyboards, talking about them irl is usually pretty chill though

olivia tremor control would have a perfect fanbase if they ever actually talked about the goddamn music i can never find anyone who likes them but i know they exist

aenima is a great album but tool fans are truly some of the least enjoyable people to talk to

not exactly relevant because i dont think about anco much but their fans are some of the most autistic losers you will ever meet and ive had a good laugh making fun of them with coworkers

My Chemical Romance.
I like them a lot and have met literally 0 people who like them that I can stand.

DG

Tool. Love their music as a musician, but when the band even hates their own fans..

>when the band even hates their own fans
lol. source?

>Punk
>Expecting anything else than children

I love emo, as in real emo but hate the self righteous tumblrfags who think because I'm white I can't have feelings

WOOP WOOP

>smokes a gram of weed
WE
>vandalizes public property
ARE NOT
>stabs man to death
A GANG

Rick and Morty

fan of dark lotus>hate juggalos
fan of modest mouse>hate hipsters
fan of indie rap>hate hipsters
fan of emilie autumn>hate "plague rats"
the list goes on

i've met some extreme metal fans that were extremely elitist and only praise the stereotypical "classic" bands but aside from a few morons they are cool

Same. 2000s posthardcore in general.

Death Grips, Leftover Crack, any punk or metal band, anything niche and Japanese because weebs. Pretty much everything I like.

Not specifically a band. I hate when people say I can't like something because of my race. I've literally been told I shouldn't listen to De La Soul because blacks don't think its cool. If I listen to genres other than hip hop I'm a racist, if I like hip hop I'm racist

juggalos are fun if they dont get their greasepaint on your shit

how about EDM and rap / trap as whole. gangsta rap is for little boys, trap is for around 17 year old faggots, edm´s better but still trashy
and the shit they say is so fucking stupid at time

I like RATM and hate communism and communists. Does that count?

metal

Grimes
most metal
death grips
anco

Metal and Punk fans, they both got their head so far up their own ass and are the cause why their genres became boring and stale. They're bitches who want the same metal over and over again, fuck them. I don't know which ones are worse.

Meshuggah

t. Unchillian

Why does shoegaze have a reputation as rich people nusic? The fuck does that even mean

you better check in with the doctor, since it seems you have a severe case of homosexuality

you wonder why everyone hates you greaseballs so much but whenever you hear someone imply just maybe metal fans aren't as great as they think they are and you pull some overused childish insult out of your ass

You're proving everyone's point
This

King Gizzard

I've always loved their lo-fi psych revival/blues sound especially in their earlier stuff, but man most of the fans now are cringey morons

Exhibit A: r/KGATLW

blabbermouth.net/news/maynard-james-keenan-calls-tool-fans-insufferable/

This

Same goes for metal

Slipknot.

Their albuns are very good, but their fans... Are really, really despicable.

>slipknot
>good
You have to be over 18 to post here.

All the punk kids in my city are just art students.

Feels nice

Lose Yourself is a good song you contrarian faggot.

You are misguided. Tumblr ruins emo by saying bands like fall out boy are actually emo. I know it's the most petty shit every, but it fucking triggers me when people call that shit emo.

Marilyn Manson also

I know I'm a minority but I really enjoy electro-swing, went to a Caravan Palace concert and saw nothing but clans of Bronies, Trench Coat I-better-be-on-good-terms-with-the-weird-kid-eating-alone-at-lunch neckbeards, and kids arguing about DC vs. Marvel. I do not fit in any of the clicks and was really surprised/super uncomfortable. Band was freaking awesome though.

Art students = manchildren

I assume you're one of the "art students"

this

Queen

Actually true emos are even worse, more pretentious and SJW than the "fake fall out boy emos"

Lostprophets

Black Metal.
I guess the fanbase it's better now than the autistfest it was in like 2010, but idk if i like more the pretentious nu-males or the autistic south americans.