Chances of afterlife?

Chances of afterlife?

Im thinking about suicide bc I dont wanna decay slowly like most do. What are the chances that there will be another realm?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3Y5wFcfD460?list=PLvxnr3-eNv13xZuUzys5tIOglCRy0s-0t
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>chances
Impossible to calculate, but there's no good reason to think that such a thing as an afterlife exists.

Life itself is VERY unlikely, so why would death be the end? It happened once, why not more?

/thread

because it is very unlikely, just like you said?!

Everything is very unlikely if you go back far enough. Again, there's no good reason to think that such a thing as an afterlife exists. Until there is such a reason, you shouldn't think there is.

Then are you saying life has no reason?

What if everyone experiences the life of each other just cant remember?

Im worried about being stuck into an endless wheel of reincarnation without being free. My liferight now is pretty good and I dont wanna be reborn as some poor indian slave

That has nothing to do with whether or not an afterlife exists, but no, there doesn't appear to be one.

What if the universe came into existence 5 seconds ago and all your memories are fabricated? There's no point in taking such ideas seriously.

Just seems awfully pointless I guess then, and I'm no optimist.

Don't do it man. An afterlife is very unlikely u might as well fuck around in this world for as long as possible. Also, your mum will cry and you don't want that :(

there is nothing more pathetic than suicide

and nothing dumber than thinking there is an ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''afterlife'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

kill yourself and burn in hell

Sure, so what? It would also be pointless to be bothered by it.

You know how when someone dies people say things like "aw she was so cute too" and "he was very handsome." No one is going to think that about you.

Yes that's true

You'd have to justify life having value in order to think suicide as the worst possible thing?

I fear this also, all the shit you see happening to other people, having to experience at some point

good point

I wanna get hit by a nuke and atomized within 1 billionth of a second.

Life is pointless anyway.

So is death. Why do you want to get hit by a nuke?

Your life has no worth unless you take all worth from it. In other words, as soon as you are ready for suicide, your life STARTS.

to get sure Im instantly and 100% dead. I dont wanna hand or shoot myself, then wake up in a hospital fully handicapped.

The real question is why you want to die in the first place.

probably not right now bc Im healthy but just in case I get sick or somtething like that.

there is, but it sucks: definitely not worth

There is an afterlife, tf are we doing here otherwise.
But, a soul in its continuous reincarnation cycle has only one token for suicide, the repercussions are so extreme that once that is done a soul will never do it again.

trust me, a literal slow decay (instead of being released after death, a suicidal soul is not, and will be stuck to his rotting corpse until there is nothing left) is the mostly horrifying thing in life itself. hence the one-times in practically eternity.

>what are the chances that there will be another realm?
They are not good op. Not good at all.

that's the trick, you don't remember because a new life has to start from scratch in order to learn new stuff.

would be pointless if you already knew the things you know now would it?

but, it will be your choice, you decide up there, its time to come back, and how.

>There is an afterlife, tf are we doing here otherwise.
Tf is a rock doing here?

>But, a soul in its continuous reincarnation cycle has only one token for suicide, the repercussions are so extreme that once that is done a soul will never do it again.
You know this... how?

Oh Hai guys, God here.

Just to let you know, if you commit suicide you live your life all over again on repeat until you finally don't.

The only way out of this world is through.

20 years of research my man. if you want to find it you will (this is what each religion says and apart from the fact i hate them all, this one is true)
and after you found enough to know you are on to something good, a wealth of confirmations will follow suit.

problem is, this shit does not allow for proof making, its an internal process only you can feel/see.
and everyone has seen/felt it in many different ways, we are just not brought up with recognizing the obvious things in life.

that's the problem with how we do stuff these days and in the west, everything go's through the mind, nothing through the heart. so we have not learned to look at things differently.

occams razor kid. Shave off all the ideas that are least likely. Most likely there is something strange going on, or maybe not so strange, but something beyond us, a greater consciousness surely exists. If you want to kill yourself to see if there is something beyond, there almost certainly is. Whether or not you will even be you enough to realize what happened in your human life is up for debate. Basically, don't kill yourself unless your life is worse than mine, which it isn't.

50/50 since metaphysical.
We Greeks named everything right.

>problem is, this shit does not allow for proof making, its an internal process only you can feel/see.
Then you don't actually know it. You just believe it for unjustified reasons.
>nothing through the heart
Blood goes through the heart.
> we have not learned to look at things differently.
Our way of looking at things produces results that we can confirm with observed reality. Your way does not.

>invokes Occam's Razor
>fails to use it
What makes you say that a greater consciousness surely exists?

I have been on many ends of the afterlife spectrum. All I can say with certainty is it's individual. When some die, I assume their consciousness ceases and they go into nothingness. Some get reincarnated. Some even come back into the same life they lead before. Many of these instances are covered in depth in the Tibetan Book of the Dead. There is an afterlife but it's one tailored specific to your soul journey.

>Then you don't actually know it. You just believe it for unjustified reasons.
you assume they are unjustified, i know they are not.

>Blood goes through the heart.
haha good one haha

>Our way of looking at things produces results that we can confirm with observed reality. Your way does not.
Results in which way? becoming richer? more powerful? be 'more happy'? proving that when you drop a stone it will fall? that water runs downhill?

What does this all do then just give us more of the same in slightly better or worse ways then what we have been doing for a thousand years already?

any material progression or otherwise we all see as individuals or as groups are indeed meaningless.
science is a nice tool but does not bring mankind further one bit, we are still raping and killing each other like we did from the beginning.

we are missing the point dramatically.

we live in a recording. life is some sort of rehabilitation/prison. we are god, and we're stuck to experience this. one reason people believe in fake gods is to punish them when it doesn't work out.

youtu.be/3Y5wFcfD460?list=PLvxnr3-eNv13xZuUzys5tIOglCRy0s-0t

>you assume they are unjustified, i know they are not.
I didn't assume anything. You told me yourself.
>Results in which way?
Ways that are real.
>What does this all do then just give us more of the same in slightly better or worse ways then what we have been doing for a thousand years already?
It gives us truth.
>science is a nice tool but does not bring mankind further one bit
False.
>we are missing the point dramatically.
My point is truth. That is what I care about. If you don't care about the truth, then we're done here.

(You)
I know I'm the retard that wants to feel smart but-
Since meta-physical, this is as the word states, over-the-natural (of what we know), so, we can't say we're certain of what happens, by scientific law. That's why you can believe and not know.
So, you know and I know I'm the faggot that could Possibly end a conversation.

Look around you. Look at the universe. Pretty fucking strange right? What's more likely, that this all came to be out of nothing for no reason, or that something beyond what we can understand is going on and created this. The latter. And if something created this, that means that something is intelligent (has consciousness).

Occams razor invoked. Sit down.

>What's more likely, that this all came to be out of nothing for no reason, or that something beyond what we can understand is going on and created this
The first one, because something beyond what we can understand is going on that created this is inherently less likely without further evidence. You've added complexity for no reason, as you now have to explain the creator.

Invoking Occam's Razor removes the creator.

A more interesting conversation is:
Where's the line between intelligence and consciousness? Or, is there?

I've known three people in my life who have been pronounced clinically dead, one of which is my brother who had a heart attack and was dead for a few minutes. They all said there is nothing

Me personally, Im catholic. I'm not sure why but for some reason I can't stop loving Jesus

something from nothing does not follow the logic of this universe. Therefore it's less likely actually.

We have no examples of "nothing" from which to draw from, so no, you can't determine that. All you're doing is kicking the can down the road, trying to simplify the universe by creating a more complex creator.

Enjoy it while you're here this life is the only one you get

Memories are encoded onto brain cells using adrenaline as ink.
Adrenaline blockers cause amnesia.
When the meat paper that ink is written on rots the memories are permanently lost.
Without your memories and desires, is what is left actually you, or is it just a drooling zombie?

ITT: People with too much time on their hands.

wrong.

Nice rebuttal.

the chances are 100% that there is an afterlife

the question is:

do you want to spend eternity with everything good?

or do you want to spend eternity totally apart from everything good?

those are your choices: be with God forever through salvation in Jesus Christ, or be apart from God forever by acknowledging that you deny Him.

pretty simple and straightforward tbh

How did you determine any of this?

There is after life.
You will be judge for your doings in this world. I hope you are within a good religion.

i suggest you read Lee Strobel's book The Case for Christ.

it is the only logical solution when you consider all of the facts

are you brave enough to read his book? or are you so certain that it's a bunch of crap that you're willing to bet eternity on it?

(pretty lame bet if you ask me - what's the worst that happens if you read his book?)

You will be judged for your grammar in this world.

um...so you're saying that if i don't know how to define a past participle then i am eternally doomed?

protip: God is not an English teacher

I'm already familiar with Lee Strobel and know that the case he presents doesn't hold up to scrutiny. Try again.

How do you know?

you clearly haven't read his works if you think this way

enjoy Hell, it's gonna suck but it's your choice

Hint: not everyone who reads Strobel finds him convincing.

wrong grammar is not a sin. I guess.. I hope so..
Oh god please forgive me :'(