Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x1bX3F7uTrg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

this thread again

>having a reasonable discussion about Adam Curtis on Sup Forums

well I wasn't here for the fist

we can do it

>we can do it
Well then: my problem with this one (and I think it's his weakest work) is that he throws up a whole bunch of interesting ideas but goes nowhere with them. It was very unfocused. I think he needs an editor, someone not afraid to trim excess here and there. He's getting a bit self-indulgent.

But I did appreciate the aside about the history and methodology of suicide bombing, that's the sort of thing he could have focused more on.

I view it as a work of art more than a historical documentary, and if you have been following Curtis for years it will make you jizz with delight

The Gaddafi part was alright.

>Gaddafi
Seriously, what the fuck was his problem?
Other than Reagan, I mean

im panning on watching bitter lake next, what would you consider to be his magnum opus?

money, power, bitches

>what would you consider to be his magnum opus?
Personally I like the Mayfair Set, because it's a pet subject of mine; but All Watched Over By Machines Of Loving Grace would be my pick for his best, it's like the height of his style and quite a mind fuck. (The Power of Nightmares should get a mention too).

Why does Adam Curtis hate Kissinger, so much?

Everyone hates Kissinger bro
He was like the Evil Jew Mastermind stereotype come to life

what a dumb, communist, low test faggot this man is. I also find it incredibly cringeworthy how anons on this board actually like his work or think he is intelligent and how they type out long posts saying a lot but also nothing at the same time because this man is an idiot and everything he says is meaningless he just makes things up.

I've heard people defend this retard by saying its not a "boring fact machine" its a "story" or "art" meant to "entertain". This translates into this man says nothing that is true or meaningful he just talks out of his ass and does things out of emotion. No logic at all, no facts, just nothing.

I also got banned in a previous thread dedicated to this mans film for calling out leftypol so take from that what you wish.

>making a thread for more idiots to express their "opinions"

You didn't get it and now you're butthurt.
Go back to a Mike Cernovich podcast comment section, senpai.

Communists deserve to be thrown out of helicopters.

Everybody knows this.

Go back to leftypol you emotional man

>y-you just don't get it
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Mike Cernovich
What does he have to do with anything we're talking about here?

Go back to /r/ShitRedditSays and quit spamming Sup Forums you whiny leftist cunt.

>a journalist with a weak understanding of computers and politics makes a documentary on how computers are destroying politics and journalism and that's horrible

It was predicated on the idea that anyone alive believed gaddafi was anything other than a retarded puppet.

honestly didn't care much for this one. his previous one about the middle east was pure kino

He didn't say anything new at all

>le angry bellend

dumb britposter

Despite being a documentary, all of Adam Curtis' docs seem to take place in somewhere other than reality.

Does anyone else know what I mean? It always seems dreamlike.

>People often accuse me of being a lefty. That's complete rubbish. If you look at The Century of the Self, what I'm arguing is something very close to a neoconservative position because I'm saying that, with the rise of individualism, you tend to get the corrosion of the other idea of social bonds and communal networks, because everyone is on their own. Well, that's what the neoconservatives argue, domestically. [...] If you ask me what my politics are, I'm very much a creature of my time. I don't really have any. I change my mind over different issues, but I am much more fond of a libertarian view.

Go back to your biased objectivism circlejerk, senpai.

monkey say, monkey do.

>anyone who disagrees with me is an objectivist

>anyone who disagrees with me is a leftist/communist/etc

>being an angry leftist on the internet

well hypernormalisation was definitely from a reality where computers had filtered all the retards off Sup Forums, leaving only intelligent discourse.

Why would you specifically call that person an objectivist?
What an embarrassment you are.

>In the film, Curtis argues that since the 1970s, governments, financiers, and technological utopians have given up on the complex "real world" and built a simple "fake world" that is run by corporations and kept stable by politicians
Yeah
No

>pretending what my political alignment so you can attack me more easily on a Polynesian mural bulletin board

I didn't call someone personally an objectivist you incel. That's just what Sup Forums is; an objectivist circle jerk.

I think the main problem with Curtis is that he thinks people are competent enough to create conspiracies.

I don't buy into the conspiracy thing much because I don't believe our politicians would even be capable of it.

>goverdment loves me and takes care me :-DD
>I luv my overdlord :-DD

>>pretending what my political alignment so you can attack me more easily on a Polynesian mural bulletin board
Oh yeah you're TOTALLY not a leftist.

>That's just what Sup Forums is; an objectivist circle jerk.
Have you ever been to Sup Forums?
This is incredibly false, not even most left wingers would agree with this.

I think his magnum opus is Century of the Self, that's probably the broadest is scope and when he really solidified his style. Every one he does ater that is great, although you might want to skip Power of Nightmares since it focuses heavily on the war on terror which isn't as relevant nowadays and which is probably covered better in Bitter Lake. As the other user said Mayfair Set is good along with his other stuff from the 90's as well.

>its the joos fault I can't get laid! fucking jooooooooos!

>Oh yeah you're TOTALLY not a leftist.
Good, I'm glad you realize that now.

I have, but maybe you're right. I make dumb claims against dumb arguments.

>I make dumb claims against dumb arguments.

>I'm just plain dumb.
Sound about right.

Well one of the major themes he's been exploring for multiple films now is how reality seems dreamlike to the vast majority of people.

He is right though, if you want to see the foundation of his argument watch The Trap, it's about how the establishment increasingly uses game theory to run organizations based on a simplified model of human behavior. This movie just continues exploring the effects of that.

Not really, but your argument and you are quite stupid since you and others in the thread dislike the documentary because you have a bias against his assumed leftism which show's you couldn't really comprehend what he's saying nor can you entertain an ideal without accepting it.

Anyone else felt that the ending was kinda abrupt?

>"The job of a journalist is to keep check on those in power and bring the truth to people"

This is what happens when you don't lift weights and you don't produce testosterone, you start to rotelearn and regurgitate what the tastemakers tell you to think like a little homework-doing schoolgirl. The tagline is 'The era of Post-truth politics' for fucks sake.

Tied for the most vapid post in the thread.

All that weight lifting is doing you credit.

Yes, it's vapid. It's utterly vile. hark at thee

I've never seen any of this man's films. I don't have a high tolerance for conspiracy-minded thinking, but I like being exposed to new ideas.

Should I check some of them out? If so, which?

It's not a conspiracy doc, Sup Forums is just pretending it is so they can attack it because of an assumed left biased witch is utter bullshit.

Check out Century of the Self. If you like it, check out All Watched Over By Machines of Loving Grace. If you'd like to learn about the middle east conflicts, check out Bitter Lake. Watch his other stuff like The Trap, Power of Nightmares and Pandora's Box if you like them all.

Which is hilarious since alot of it is largely about how the financial sector with global interests have fucked over the political system.

It's talking about how rich jews have fucked the west but you've got retards screaming about how he's a commie.

Thanks for the suggestions

I want to say Century of the Self, but really my favourites are the three All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace films, particularly Love
& Power.

Obligatory

youtube.com/watch?v=x1bX3F7uTrg

He was fucking mental

Did you see the raid on his mansion during the revolution? He had an entire album and video collection dedicated to Condoleeza Rice who he called his "black princess in the white house"

He was a fucking weirdo

>I'm retarded and unable to follow an argument therefore I'm going to blame the medium.

What a load of drivel, Curtis has never been as conceited as the person who made that video.

>Comments disabled.

Truly a coward.

this

It's funny how journalists never seem to take responsibility for the degradation of their profession. Is Trump's immunity to the media coming from his words or the media's actions for years?

Didn't expect as much from Curtis, he works for the BBC after all.

>implying Curtis isn't the master of non sequitr

ignorance is bliss

At this moment, I'm euphoric

you know other people use that phrase than fedora fags

it's because they're jewish supremacists and their striver slaves

>baby love child starts playing