Per 36

>per 36
>Jokic: 21ppg, 12rpg, 6apg, 1 spg, 1 bpg
>Giannis 23.6 8.8rpg, 5.5apg 1.8spg 2bpg
Why is one hyped as the succesor of LeBron while the other is just consider a great prospect? Jokic is younger than Giannis and is a better passer,a more efficient shooter and just a slightly worse defender and this is just his second year in the league while Giannis has been playing in the Bucks 4 seasons.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1DHo_wG2YQk
youtu.be/005FGWHqcZ8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I agree, Giannis is much more than a great prospect.

Giannis is overhyped.Both KD and LeBron were cruising through the league at his age and he doesn't have a jumpshot in his forth season

Jokic isn't flashy and athletic like Giannis, many consumers just rate players thanks to highlights.
Giannis will be ogre if he find a jumpshot tho.

>Jokic isn't flashy and athletic like Giannis, many consumers just rate players thanks to highlights.
Jokic has tons of flashy moves
youtube.com/watch?v=1DHo_wG2YQk

You can't sell shoes with passing only
You need three pointers, posters and crossover to impress the consumer.

give him some time. at least giannis made the playoffs this year. he's been playing basketball for exactly 10 years bro, he's doing pretty good.

Honor your Emperor Napoleon and quit being a communist.

>at least giannis made the playoffs this year
In the east.The Nuggets would be 5th or 4th in the east with their calendar

YH, let's just ignore the fact that Giannis hasn't been even been playing basketball for more than 9 years, while the players you mentioned have been playing it since they were little kids. Giannis didn't start till he was 13, and had terrible coaching

Eeeeh i dunno about all that

Also not to mention Giannis is an athletic and lengthy freak of nature,
youtu.be/005FGWHqcZ8 jokic is neither

next Hakeem without the stately kingly nature

>per 36 minutes

Is there a more retarded stat to use

Giannis is as tall as Jokic but is as fast as a guard... do you seriously not understand the difference in athletic potential? Giannis is going to be a much better defender than Jokic. Giannis can score in transition at will. Giannis can get a shot off in halfcourt anytime he wants due to size advantage. The guy has the potential to be in the Lebron/Durant zone if he can learn to shoot. Meanwhile Jokic is just a Marc Gasol without the defense.

Per 72 minutes

>he doesn't use per 180 minutes to simulate how a player would perform if they were a starting 5

Giannis has an awful technique.He is just DeAndre Jordan playing in another position
>Dunk copilation
Are you Nigerian by any chance?
Jokic wasn't starter for a good chunk of the season.When he started playing as the starting center he put numbers pretty close to his per 36
You are talking like he was 19 and a rookie.He is about to hit his physical prime and doesn't have a jumpshot at 22 and is an awful passer and distributor.People are just hoping that he will polish his technique but he is too old to improve much.He is DeAndre Jordan SF edition

>he is too old to improve much

lol he literally went from a countryless refugee selling junk on the street to a millionaire basketball star and one of the most exciting names in the sport. his entire life is about improvement.

DeAndre Jordan is a fucking lazy American piece of shit, Giannis is nothing like him mentally or emotionally.

Yes I am Nigerian, still has nothing to do with my point. I'm showing off is athletic ability, the way he moves and the shit he can do because of it gives him away higher ceiling than jokic. The only thing he needs is a jump shot and it's ogre

And you're acting like 22 is a mature age when his prime (26-30) is still 4 years away. Giannis had essentially no basketball training before he got to the NBA. You can't compare him to native players that have been going to camps and academies since they were kids. Look at how much he has improved just from last season to this one. Why would you think he'd suddenly just freeze and stop getting better?

Jokić is the best big-man passer I've seen in a very, VERY long time, some of those dimes were unreal.

>lol he literally went from a countryless refugee selling junk on the street to a millionaire basketball star and one of the most exciting names in the sport. his entire life is about improvement.
>DeAndre Jordan is a fucking lazy American piece of shit, Giannis is nothing like him mentally or emotionally.
He was playing pro basketball when he was drafted.Getting a nice jumpshot and court vision at 22 is nigh impossible.I would love you to put me an example that polished such a poor technique at such an old age.
>Yes I am Nigerian
You are just biased.
>m showing off is athletic ability, the way he moves and the shit he can do because of it gives him away higher ceiling than jokic. The only thing he needs is a jump shot and it's ogre
Improving at such an old age is hard.He might get an average jumpshot in the future but that won't make him a real scoring threat and his court vision is very poor and nothing will change that
>Giannis had essentially no basketball training before he got to the NBA.
He played in a proleague
> You can't compare him to native players that have been going to camps and academies since they were kids.
Giannis was playing in a pro team in Greece.Not much different than playing in the Adriatic league
>Look at how much he has improved just from last season to this one.
He hasn't improved his jumpshot and his court vision.He just became taller and stronger.He is DeAndre Jordan in a different position.He is just dunks and jumps
> Why would you think he'd suddenly just freeze and stop getting better?
Because technique and mechanic ability is developed faster at a younger age.It is almost impossible to improve as much as Giannis would need to be as good as LeBron or Durant at 22.I can't think of a player that developed a great jumpshot out of nowhere.He might get an average one at best

He doesn't need a great jumpshot to be a major force in the league.

Jokic can't play defense, Giannis can guard almost anyone.

Jokic is white

Lebron himself had a shitty jumpshot and got by on being "DeAndre Jordan at SF". For fun, here are Lebron's per36 stats from when he was 22:

47.6 FG% / 31.9 3PT% / 5.9 REB / 5.3 AST / 24.1 PTS

Giannis:

52.2 FG% / 27.2 3PT% / 8.8 REB / 5.5 AST / 23.2 PTS

I'm not biased, him being nigerian has nothing to do with it. It has everything to me having a brain and see's a 6'11 guy with insane athleticism, that moves like a small guy and can do everything but shoot right now. Is a better player than a very slow passing big. Jokic is good but no where near giannis.

>He doesn't need a great jumpshot to be a major force in the league.
If he doesn't have a jumpshot he will never be the best player in the league.Specially with his baby tier court vision.

Jokic is never going to be best player in the league either

Dude, he put up similar numbers to Lebron James, including assists.

Never said that.I am just pointing out that Giannis is overhyped as the new Magic or the new LeBron when he is Jokic tier in real life

How is he overhyped?

The Cavs were the second seed in the east that season and arrived to the final.The Bucks have barely a 0.5 record and lost in the first round.LeBron was just a super star and was guarded way more intensively than Giannis.If you double guard Giannis you have killed him as he has no skill (as Toronto showed)

You can shut him down pretty easily.He has 0 technique and is garbage at everything that is not dunking or blocking a shorter player

Just like any other player at his age in history of NBA.

>as Toronto showed
Que? The dude average 25 points, 10 rebound, 2 steals and like 1.5 blocks shooting 50%+, they really showed him didn't they. At this point i'm convinced you're either an idiot or a dedicated hater. He has improved every fucking season, taking massive leaps, i'm pretty sure he's going to do the same again next season. His jumpshot should be there by the time he's 24, by then it really and truly is all ogre

Jokic will get there. But his conditioning and speed are lacking, hurting what he can do on defense, as is his aggression and decision making on offense.

He just takes too long sometimes to make a decision, passing up open shots for himself and holding the ball too long looking for an open player.

You put a better defensive PG or wing in front of him as the first line of defense or find a defensive PF to play alongside him he probably wouldn't look so bad on D or you can at least cover his flaws. (Gallinari is too slow, Faried is a weakside shotblocker only, Nelson is too old, Mudiay is bad so far, and Murray has willingness to play D but that's it. Harris and Chandler are the only average to above average defensive players who already do or can start).