Sup Forums, what are your thoughts on mercenaries?

Sup Forums, what are your thoughts on mercenaries?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2015/11/26/world/middleeast/emirates-secretly-sends-colombian-mercenaries-to-fight-in-yemen.html
tass.ru/en/world/725211
theintercept.com/2016/03/24/blackwater-founder-erik-prince-under-federal-investigation/
youtu.be/dEbE3fGfF-o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Y'know, whatever.

Should be shot if captured.

if they support trump, theyre alright.

if not, y'know whatever.

A lot of loyalty for a hired gun

Tax money gone to waste just because libs

Can anyone come up with th a more evil sounding company name than 'black water'. That name is just comically villainous.

Well, blackwater doesn't exist anymore.

Can a civilian with no prior military experience join merc comps?

Should be called our lady of mercy lake of tranquility global services

Can you honestly say, that if you had a mercinary company, you wouldent call it a sinister sounding name?

Why would you want to hire a bunch of hired killers called the Kutie Killer Klan or the Susan b Anthony killers for (and of) the Poor.

>Can anyone come up with th a more evil sounding company name than 'black water'
Starbucks

As a logistician or paper pusher

You won't get to hold a rifle if you weren't a tier 0 oper8or prior to joining

Yeah, military without borders would sound better.

My contact prevents me from talking about it.

Talking about what?

theyre the future...

privatized food made for a generation of obese diabetes victims

privatized prisons makes a generation of cheap labour

privatized armies will create the next generation of the plutocratic state

This.
What they charge for a cup of coffee is pure evil

Blackwater is no more, Obama made sure of that.

this desu.

The future will be corporation-nations. Once race is no longer the main issue and everyone is the same they will realize the true issue is resources. People will be born to corporations that become the new nation-states. There will be all out war between various factions. We will return to monarchy systems with dynastic heirs. Inheritance will be everything and a new religion will be formed around your existence as an upper class or lower class being fated by the Universe.

P r e p a r e
f o r
t h e
f u t u r e

Not considered official armies unless governments specifically take responsibility for them, thus nobody has a right to complain when they're executed. Generally undesirables, so execution is the best solution, and I can't think of anyone who'd rather pay valuable assets for their return instead of just hiring more. Fuck 'em.

/thread

blackwater in yemen, 450 columbian ex-soldiers.
nytimes.com/2015/11/26/world/middleeast/emirates-secretly-sends-colombian-mercenaries-to-fight-in-yemen.html

eastern ukraine is enlisting blackwater and Academi forces
tass.ru/en/world/725211

where there is war, you will find mercenaries. they prefer no press. ex-soldiers are only good at one thing, being a soldier. just ask retired american vets if they would rejoin.

the owner is in some legal hot water for developing armed drones and attempting to sell them clandestinely to aggressive nation states.

>pure evil

nice

blackwater was bought and renamed to "Academie" or some other gay shit...

Yeah, they take out the trash without asking many questions

They're fuckin badass.

First it was renamed to Xe services then something else If i remember correctly. I worked in Iraq as a contractor for about 3 years. These guys were def chad bro-tier. They scared everyone but they had reason to. They were armed with shit i thought only the military had access to and could go anywhere anytime with some kick ass toys. These guys were ruthless though. Not that its a bad thing but they took care of their own and partied like life could end at any moment.

No, it's just marketing. Blackwater has done so much shady shit they have to change their name every few years so the media has to refer to them by the new name.

Of course an American, being a part of American ''nation'', would welcome corporate rule.
But the rest of us who have real identities and history don't welcome that.
In fact, notice the rise of right in Europe. It's over.

I'm literally posting Cyberpunk 2077 plot

Enjoy your identity, wherever you may be in your irrelevant cunt

>implying soldiers nowadays aren't mercenaries

When I was a teenager it was my glorified dream profession. I was going to join the military, special forces and then try to become a PMC.

Eventually as the Iraq war progressed and alot of shit came to light, I started seeing PMCs for what they are.

Not to mention the Fallujah incident.

I read alot of books about Blackwater/Xe, whatever theyre called now and most of these private contractor companies are nothing but giant cash grabs for people with connections in the senate.

They dont give a fuck about their employees and usually you end up babysitting oil workers, or embassies.

Then further more, odds are you will die, due to budgetary reasons and noone will give a fuck.

As long as they dont operate in our country who cares

Japan has a point

Necesary, but only allowed in some countries with freedoms like the US.

You will always need these kind of people who are not military but neither civilian to create grey legal zones which inteligence agencies or 3º parties will always have uses for them.

It gets a bad fame of bein unloyal and always going to highest bidder but they also take huge risks when they accept a job like getting all the blame for things they never did, get into traps because your contractor doesn't want to pay you so they leave you to die and so on...

The diference with a formal military? A formal military is controled by the state so they don't have to respect their own soldiers unless this results into an advantage(air forces), a mercenary is there voluntarily and can leave anytime they want so you have to give them some respect and trust... just the right ammount so they get the job done.

Only to be used by Countries that have the power to tell others to fuck off.

When we had the Bougainville issues down here the PNG government tried to hire some to help out with the war. Everyone packed a shit fit and it had to end.

In Sierra Leone the government hired a bunch with equipment like helicopters and jets. They essentially put down the warlords to the point of being nothing. International pressure forced them to let the mercs go even though they had ended a civil war for a party that they supported. A dozen of the mercs remained behind to help out how they could but since most were gone the rebels took over again and UK had to come in and sort the whole mess.

But when America sends a fuck tonne to Iraq its all fine even when they shoot up a fuck tonne of civvies.

The UN needs to find some way around their sheer hatred of them. They have a place and as long as the agency's are all audited independently and their contracts looked at I dont see why they shouldn't get used for purposes like the above two. How is it any different if they conscript thousands of men to hiring a couple hundred.

>tfw just missed holden age of mercenaries overthrowing third world nations for big oil by one generation

Blackwater/Craft were responsible for staging the Boston Bombing.

>The UN needs to find some way around their sheer hatred of them

The UN can't do that, because mercs can operate out of laws and ROEs and acknowledging that they have a place in the world means that the UN is a faulty organization with inadequate laws that get in the middle of the job.

Except the UN is a faulty organization with inadequate laws that get in the middle of the job.

If they could just admit it we could all stop spending money on them and pretending their concern means anything.

Child cockers inc

These guys make something like $800+ a DAY. Badasses, but dangerous work as they're dumped in shitholes the army isn't even sent into.

>blackwater and Academi forces
They are the same. Blackwater does not technically exist anymore., they became XE services then Academi.

didn't they change their name to something innocent and meaningless?

I just looked it up and it was changed to Xe. I guess Xir checked Xir privilege, eh?

Anyway, it's Academi now.

It sounds like a gay car.

>Except the UN is a faulty organization with inadequate laws that get in the middle of the job.

Ok, but then they would have to do some serious reorganization that would take resources, time and mostly the most dreaded action of any kind of politician or political activity.

Taking desitions and be respoonsible for them.

Also,for example; the UN security council is just an oligarchy for people who wants to make sure who can get invaded and who don't, so even if such reorganization happened it would remain mostly the same because you can't just take out the agents that formed it in the first place.

My cousin served in Iraq, the one time they operated alongside Blackwater they ended up under investigation for killing 6 Iraqi civilians in a village sweep. The Brits were absolved of all blame, however the Blackwater guys never got in trouble for anything, my cousin guesses they killed tons of civs and never got called out on it

Returned vet, do contractor work from hired gun through to stationary asset pleb security. Time as a merc, can honestly say they outfitted us better than home ever did.

A client may be happy to just buy more mercs to replace expired boots on the ground, but your employer has other ideas about experienced staff who, whilst purchased walking death if needed, remain loyal to their contract and employer for the duration of that contract. If you arent completely broken, you arent going to be considered 100% expendable unlike those looking for a warrior's death.

they're not technically mercenaries as they get goverment contracts. by your use of the word soldiers would be mercenaries

Yeah it was bought by someone else (with connections Monsanto, I've heard) and hq was moved from Elizabeth City, NC to Richmond or somewhere in Virginia.

>they outfitted us better than home ever did
why spend money on plebs, they are a dime a dozen. most of the US grunts are forced to be there or they will be jailed.

They have to be ruthless because they can't expect backup or a rescue if shit goes sideways.

Learned on my first deployment why so many retrofit their gear with their own purchases from outside. My first issued vest had broken ceramic plating ffs.

money well spent

>money well spent
Pay three times the price it would cost to send regular grunts to do the job, only because it's easier to cover up if something goes wrong and avoid the libshits flood of tears

> by your use of the word soldiers would be mercenaries

It would still be different.

Soldiers are forced to go under prison threat.

Mercs can break contracts under compensation threat(and only if they signed those clausules)

>nly because it's easier to cover up if something goes wrong and avoid the libshits flood of tears

So it means that in terms risk/benefits you get what you pay and more.

Ya, epithet do the Knights Templar!
Lol
>snaps fingers
Things change.
Titles and names may change the mission does not.

I hear they don't fly very well

Or we could simply choose to ignore the screams of liberals pussies, who will always find something to whine about anyway

Source?

Thats not how it workz and you know it.

Liberals conform at minimum 50% of any given population and that number can increase easily cor things like thiz, so you get less votes and political inestability making imposible for you to do the right things.

I got Erik Prince's book for free using an audible credit, just started listening to it yesterday.

I agree entirely with his notion that the government had absolutely no problem with giving them hundreds of millions in government contracts each and every year, and yet when it becomes politically convenient because of the backlash over the Iraq War, they throw them under the bus to avoid any scrutiny coming back on themselves.

Blackwater literally didn't do anything wrong, they were just caught up in the quagmire of Washington partisan politics.

The few famous cases of things going wrong and them returning fire are exactly that, them returning fire after Islamist militants (the same guys who mutilated and torched the captured blackwater guys turned out to be ISIS when we pulled out) shot at them. I think the highest estimates of civilian casualties caused by Blackwater is literally barely above 10, if that high. The coalition's civilian death count was well over half a million.

People have this idea from stupid video games that they're in opposition to state militaries when their entire clientèle is the government of the country they're based out of just so the politicians have expendable soldiers not on the official tax payer dime.

Indeed. Its sad. The days of adventure are gone.

There was a large presence of mercenaries in the crowds throughout the Boston Bombing Active Terrorist Drill.

Either they played a role in making sure everything ran like clockwork, or they were just there spectating the marathon on their day off...

It's obvious that the 'explosion' was nothing more than a training explosive which didn't cause any damage to the surrounding area or injure anyone.

> Smoke and mirrors

>what is Craft International
>what is the Boston Bombing

theintercept.com/2016/03/24/blackwater-founder-erik-prince-under-federal-investigation/

kinda sorta relevant

>the intercept
>glen commiewald
lel

It's called Academi now

Depends what prior skills you have. If you have IT skills, worked logistics, speak another language, qualified medical personal, experienced in aviation manitiance or any other sort practical skills sets there's probably a job for you. Plenty of Arab armies dependent on Western contractors to keep their air force's operating.

Lord have mercy.

It means that Obama can come out and say "we do not have any troops deployed in Africa" or "we do not have any troops deployed in Syria"...

He isn't lying even though he may have 1000+ private soldiers there..

Shut up chyna don't you have some smoke plume to choke on? A chyna man should be the last person to talk about culture, get back to your hive ant.

Despite all the criticism, BW did it's job and did it DAMN well. BW was hired to provide protective services in Iraq & Afghanistan and NEVER LOST A SINGLE PROTECTEE. EVER. Erock Prince is a God, and without BW in Iraq & Afghanistan we would have been fucked. Fact.

oh I'm sorry. let me find a huffpo or snopes article for you. hang on a sec.

Probably not. Any decent PMC is going to require prior LE/MIL experience. As good as you may be, clients like to hear that they have been assigned a team of former SEAL, Force Recon or Rangers as opposed to Joe Blow off the street, but he's "really good". No matter how good your skills may actually be, you just don't have the prerequisite experience to be hired by a serious PMC.

>implying that wasn't always going on
>implying it's over now
>implying it will ever end

Nice try, Merc.

Mercs don't have to swear to follow this stupid ol' thing tho...

;^)

Underrated

It already happens. Mercenaries don't get any kind of POW rights.

>Official Thread Theme Song:
youtu.be/dEbE3fGfF-o

but why would they wear a hat showing their real identity on a false flag?

>comma after I
for what purpose

Perhaps it was to stir up "" """conspiracy theorists""""" in order to further discredit those who question the narrative. I honestly couldn't tell you.

Didn't seem to matter anyway, did it?

PMC groups make no sense post minecraft

"a white male"

>Mercineries
They're called security contractors.

Apex was the one in Benghazi. I gues that one wanted to sound techy or so shit

Is just telling yo to:

>Stop breathing and think about all the stupid things you're about to say

> a cup of """"coffee""""

That's where you state your name.

Necessary evil.

us soldiers are mercenaries