Other urls found in this thread:

wired.com/2009/11/ff_avatar_cameron/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

that entire film was so horribly written

Based Jim.

>the only problem a person can have is money related
Retard logic.

human life is suffering.
more like a bitches logic tho, i've seen many men have this same attitude.

cucks

She was the sexiest woman in the whole world in this movie

Well, she's s the main villain of the movie.

Stop calling me names god damn you

fag

>Rose goes on to marry and lead a full life
>Decides to spend the afterlife with a poor artist in a creepy sunk ship

Her nameless husband got fucked over something fierce.

She's a shitty character, but Kate Winslet at her prime was the perfect thicc qt.
I hope based Jim managed to tap that.

lel

>perfectly plump ass, tits, thighs, face

>not absolute gangbuster 10/10

you are the fag, you fag

She's a bit chubby desu

>10/10

sure if you like dudes maybe

I don't see why he felt the need to make a film about the Titanic a Romeo and Juliet love story, there have been about 10 other films that have managed it, and surely one of the most famous disasters in history makes for a good enough story on its own.

>man sacrifices his life so a bitch could learn to love

>love interest is a white man

I'm glad we've moved on from this. Can't wait for the remake and have Bignig Washington in DiCaprio's role.

He made something he knew would put butts in seats. Cameron is a businessman not an artist

This is unfair. Cameron is an artist who is really great at making a good business too.

Abyss, Aliens, Terminator, those are great movies outside of being successful.

Sure he has declined starting with Titanic and Avatar was shit, but that doesn't lessen the great movies he's done in the past.

But was the door buoyant enough to support both Jack and Rose?

The grass is always greener on the other side, so green in fact it might appear blue and one might not realize what one has before losing it.

Absolutely, especially in such icy cold water because it's denser

That's enough nigger science for one day from you, be quiet now.

I don't see the need to mention her race

>invalidating the life experience of black scientists
You do not deserve these dubs. I demand you hand them over to a less privileged person.

What's wrong with what he said?

But the grass really is greener over here in America. We can actually see the sun every once in a while.

I shall do no such thing, no matter how long you tickle my bare feet.

OP is most definitely american

This.
Rich and white are synonymous since wealth is generated by the exploitation of minorities and their bodies.

Fucking this.
She knew Jack for what, 3 days, and her husband she knew for decades.
Jack would have have left her as soon as the ship touched the harbor.

>beautiful
>young
>rich
>white
>woman
>luxury cruise ship

not guarantees to happiness, kid

That's because women are never happy.

good bait, here's a (You) as reward

>it's like 1915 or whatever
>a woman thinks she has rights

What the fuck kind of fantasy world is this?

>implying women haven't always had it good

>I understand nothing of history, economy and authority structure but I am going to comment anyway because I can't let somebody challenge my flawed belief system and surface-level view of the world : the post

Without enduring the absolute worst one cannot live the absolute best. There's no reference point for some rich people on what is not for granted. Bullshit depression comes from fucking literally nothing to be depressed about. That what would be awesome for a lot of regular people becomes mundane and boring for other. Ever think how blessed some people from poor countries would feel to have what first or even second world people have? I think this applies to this film character as well. Literally first world problem - the character.

What did he do wrong? Did he really do anything wrong? I mean...I just don't know...

He was old as fuck and wanted teenage poon

Took Audrey's virginity in Twin Peaks.

And she had a hot mother who would probably... took care of her during her difficult, sexually oppressed teenage years.

"Ready for pegging, my dear Rose?"

>having to marry Billy Zane
tough rap tbqhmgf

>I don't see the need to mention her race
Because being white in that time meant you had access to certain privileges

Women wouldn't have watched it if there wasn't a love story injected into it

based leo got to fuck prime kate bush

Rest assured I still would have watched. Stupid idiot.

Pretty accurate desu. Women survive by being unhappy.

This movie made me cry so much.

you're just one hambeast though

>God himself couldn't sink this ship.

>Picasso? He won't amount to a thing... Trust me, he won't.

>"Rock 'n Roll? A bunch of simpletons flailing their arms to jumbled noise! I assure you in one year know we won't even remember the name of this passing fad!"

>"Civil rights? More like silly rights! It won't pan out."

>"Airplanes? Certain death, not to mention excessively expensive. That idea will never take flight!"

>"I just made myself a very lucrative deal with a Nigerian prince. My fortune is sure to triple in size."

>"Powering machines through nuclear fission? Such marvel concepts that come out of these funny books. Surely no scientist of respect will look at it twice."

>"Automobiles? For what purpose? Just make faster horses."

>"3D technology? What kind of fool would pay for something he already experiences every day?"

>"Novels? Dollars to donnuts it'll crash and burn. Respectable young men and woman should only read the newspaper and the cookbook, respectively."

>"Digital computers? Oh, Rose, you and your silly hormone-driven delusions."

>"Motion pictures? DAMN IT ROSE, I'M SICK OF YOUR WITCHCRAFT, YOU WILL MARRY ME!"

>everything that can be invented is already invented.

Why is everyone keep saying this? We still have people saying solar roadways or the hyper loop are impossible goals.

Do you think after Jack died she hooked back up with him and the daughter at the end is his? I mean, I know at the end he sees her on the rescue ship and shows her hide from him and whatever. I just mean, when her life got hard and she actually had to work for shit, you think she called him up and was like, "sorry dude, can I blow you again?

What went wrong bros

he made it because he was fascinated by the deep ocean in general and Titanic in particular. He literally duped a major studio into paying for his underwater adventures

Yeah, man! Cameron totally fleeced those idiots! So stupid giving him that money!

>ywn be able to attend one these parties

youtube.com/watch?v=nPa17DtZ2T8

I wouldn't want to.

>"But captain we can't..."
> "I SAID RAM IT! RAM THE FUCKING ICEBERG ALREADY NONE OF THE PIECE OF SHIT CRACKAS ON THIS SHIP EVEN DESERVE TO LIVE! BURN ALL THE RESCUE BOATS ALSO! FUCK WHITEY! FULL STEAM AHEAD TOWARD THE ICEBERG!"

Jesus was that line really necessary

>implying there isn't a majority of non-whites on earth exploiting the shit out of each other for material gain

please die

Could you be more of an ignorant retard? If you were alive back then you would know that everyone and their mother thought Titanic would bomb hard. People thought it was a period piece love story on a sinking ship and everybody already knew what's gonna happen. And the budget was huge. Nobody expected Titanic to be successful, let alone as successful as it turned out to be.

That is factually false. The fight for power among these minorities entirely stems from the colonial presence of whiteness in their areas.

she could fit as a new wolverine

made muh penor cry desudesu

She took test?

GHOSTED

Yes, you dumb faggot. I was alive back then and I'm old enough to remember it. Nobody expected it to be one of the top grossing films of all time, but no one expected it to bomb you fucking child.

>"Hurr durr, we're definitely worried the guy who made, Terminator, Aliens, The Abyss, Terminator 2, True Lies, and who has a reputation for substantially advancing film tech every time he makes a movie, isn't gonna make us our money back...hurr durr romance..."

Get the fuck off this board you fucking moron.

Yes, those damn whites burning down all those libraries, hospitals and schools in 19th century Africa, the ruined a utopian society with their evil whiteness

Educate yourself you child.

That's pretty much what they did, look up Benin City.
They burned the already existing structures to replace them with theirs and profit from it.
Thanks for proving your ignorance, as if it wasn't already completely blatant.

>“When we were filming Titanic,” he says, “we were just trying to figure out how much money we were going to lose.” Indeed, in the mythic afterglow of box office success, it’s easy to forget that Titanic was expected to be a disaster. The project went more than $100 million over its initial $100 million budget, making it the most expensive movie ever made. The main financier, 20th Century Fox, pressured Cameron to contain the overruns.

>As a sign of his commitment, Cameron agreed to give up his entire directing fee and any profit participation in the movie. When Titanic missed its July 4 release date, it appeared that the project was in big trouble. Cameron kept a razor blade on his editing desk with a note: Use only if film sucks. “I just realized I made a $200 million chick flick where everyone dies. What the hell was I thinking?” he confided to a friend at the time. “I’m going to have to rebuild my career from scratch.”

>The Hollywood trade journal Variety called it “the biggest roll of the dice in film history” and questioned whether Fox would come anywhere near breakeven. “Everybody was predicting catastrophic failure,” says Rae Sanchini, the former president of Cameron’s production company.

wired.com/2009/11/ff_avatar_cameron/

Reading the papers back then, there was story after story about James Cameron's over budget terrible movie and how it was going to bomb. The exact thing had happened with Waterworld by Kevin Costner which did prove to be a bomb.

You are wrong. Now shut up.

If you ignore the face hair she looks good

Why are you such a fucking faggot who believes everything you read?

I got a reputable source (Wired) that supports my claim. What do you have besides your fingers in your ears and saying nuh-uh?

What I said is confirmed in interviews with key people, including Cameron himself. Go treat your butthurt, chump.

what did she mean by this?

You just said earlier that you remember that. Now you say not to believe everything you read. Get your shit straight you moron. No way are you old enough to remember those headlines otherwise you wouldn't be arguing about things you never experienced like a little bitch.

>ywn fugg prime high test winslet

>I got a reputable source (Wired) that supports my claim.

No, you have an editorial hyping an upcoming movie (Avatar). "Hurr durr we were so scared of Titanic flopping." Of course the people writing the checks and the guy making the movie were fucking worried if it was going to make money. Every giant fucking budget movie there are countless rumors of, "oh gee golly willickers what if it flops???? oh no???!!! that'd be bad!!!!" Literally every movie with a big budget they talk about this. Every single one. You can't make a big budget movie without worrying it will flop, especially if you're the money behind it.

So you go on reddit with your dumbass little interview and every time you see a titanic thread on Sup Forums and go, "Hey guys, fun fact. Titanic was supposed to flop." And say shit like, "he made it because he was fascinated by the deep ocean in general and Titanic in particular. He literally duped a major studio into paying for his underwater adventures."

Facts are he wouldn't have been given $200 million dollars to do the movie if they were worried they weren't going to make their money back. He just wouldn't have been given the money. That's fact. The rest of that shit is facade. Sure, they eventually said, "Hey man, this is getting expensive, we're not giving you anymore money so figure it out. This movie better be good."

I'm telling you from first hand experience. Nobody outside of those main people were worried it was going to flop. No one. It was hyped up as the most expensive movie of all time and pushed back to Christmas. Cameron had a proven track record. He would not have been given the money otherwise. You're just buying into hype and legend from a guy pushing his new movie.

I like Cameron, by the way.

She's actually in hell at the end of the movie, along with the other rich people aboard the ship, and Jack, who himself is a thief, murderer, and rapist, and they all have to constantly relive the sinking of the ship over and over again for all eternity.

who would even want to you weaboo fruitcup

>movies go never over budget
>studio execs are never worried about success during production
>movies are never feared to bomb

All those things happened during the production. People expected Titanic to bomb. That's a fact.

>I'm telling you from first hand experience.
You have no first hand experience you retard. You are a nobody. You didn't work on the movie or for the studio. You are nothing.

>they pushed the marketing hard that means they were confident that the movie would be a success
How fucking retarded can someone be? Jesus Christ please just kill yourself.

>Dead people floating around in lifejackets.
>Jack doesn't just sit on some floating dead kid to stay alive.

Not really

People died within 20 minutes. Jack was already in the water. By the time people were dead enough for Jack to use their bodies for buoyancy, he would have also been dead.

Weren't they poor actually and Rose had to marry Caledon because he was rich?
That's why she was unhappy until she met Jack, she wanted real love.
Fags

Aliens is the popcorn equivalent of Alien. The same can be said for Terminator 2

>All those things happened during the production. People expected Titanic to bomb. That's a fact.

Can you fucking read? I said the only people that worried it would bomb were the people working on the movie. Go back and read your own article. Scratch that, I did it for you.

Here's all they say about it:

>The main financier, 20th Century Fox, pressured Cameron to contain the overruns.

Contain the overruns. Uh...yeah. If I was Fox, I would do that, too. "Hey buddy, we're at $200mil here. No one's ever made a movie this expensive. What's going on? You don't need this much money. Stop spending our money."

>Variety called it “the biggest roll of the dice in film history” and questioned whether Fox would come anywhere near breakeven.

Not an unreasonable question at all. It was a roll of the dice. That doesn't mean, "oh my god it's totally gonna flop you guys!"

That's literally all your dumbass article has. And then they quote Cameron's own production company as saying:

>“Everybody was predicting catastrophic failure,” says Rae Sanchini, the former president of Cameron’s production company.

And Cameron himself took them questioning how much money he was spending as:

>“I just realized I made a $200 million chick flick where everyone dies. What the hell was I thinking?”

That's literally the only stuff that's in there about Titanic flopping and then your autistic dumb fuckhole goes on dumbass reddit and reads a title of "TIL Titanic was totally expected to flop you guys!" and then you come here and continue to push this fucking nonsense about it being expected to flop.

Titanic was not expected to flop by anyone except maybe Cameron. You're reading an article about Cameron hyping his new movie. Which, might I add, had similar budget and time and tech concerns.

You know nothing about the movie business. You know nothing about the publishing industry. This is a hype article. Plain and simple. Probably paid for by Cameron's company.

Yep. Rose's father left the family in massive debt and her mother wanted her to marry someone rich so they wouldn't have to sell their things and be paupers.

>tfw she has a better beard than you

Everytime someone watches titanic Dicaprio dies a bit.

>>They burned the already existing structures to replace them
Mud doesn't burn you fucking buffoon

It's astonishing how ignorant a person can be and still keep posting. You are highly uninformed about every aspect we have discussed. In contrast to you I was already around when all this was happening and I remember a lot of talk on tv and articles in newspapers and magazines about Titanic and its numerous production and budget problems and how people expect it to sink at the box-office. There were sinking puns everywhere. You would know that if you were around back then. But you obviously weren't. Go do your homework so teacher won't yell at you again.