Have any of you Aussies ever come in contact with an Eastern Brown or Death Adder?

Have any of you Aussies ever come in contact with an Eastern Brown or Death Adder?

no but brown snakes are common and i know a lot of people who have encountered them.

My old house had this bushy scrub area behind the back fence where a few brown snake lived but the neighbours' cat hunted them and I never even saw them.

Yes

Did it bite you?

Anyone get bit?

yeah one
its not really a big deal unless you're in the middle of nowhere. She didn't even know she'd been bitten until she started feeling ill.

Isn't it the second most dangerous snake in the world after the Black Mamba though?

yes

>you will always be an American with shittier than third world healthcare

Oh well, at least the most dangerous snake we have in michigan is a shitty diamondback that takes like three days to fully kill a human

We have huggorm. Not that bad. You wont die unless you are weak or a child. Leads to necrosis and shit though.

King Brown and Puff Adders but never those, don't know how common they are and I think the Taipan is the deadliest snake here.

King Browns are eastern browns I think

they are different species but are very similar and live in the same places. I'm pretty sure eastern browns are more common in australia though

Oh wow.

Anyways, I'm surprised you guys can live there without fear of getting bit. If I lived in Australia i'd be in constant panic attack with all your sydney funnel webs, brown snakes, scourpions, saltwater crocodiles, and taipans

if I lived in America I'd constantly be in fear of getting shot in the street, having my home invaded, or fucking bears going through my bins

This.

Le dropbear ebin meme XDXd.
All you need to fear in aussieland is abos whacked out of their minds on gasoline fumes.

I see them every time I go for a bush walk ('hike'). I've seen one in the middle of the road once. I had to drive around it.

Haven't seen any death adders but I've probably walked past quite a few without knowing.

saw a brown over summer in a laneway near the beach, a small young one, me and my friend followed it a little and it did turn around and snap at us a little so probably wasn't the best choice, went through a fence to someones yard really hope it didn't get a doggo or something

makes you realise they are pretty much everywhere and you just don't see them most of the time

my mum was killed by a dropbear before I was born, dont make fun

I support having guns only because i'm a leftist and we need guns for revolution.

Under communism everybody should be required to take a drivers license type exam where they learn about gun laws and gun safety before being allowed to use a gun.

That was a terrible choice.

aw yeah cunt, me and some mates this one time while we were totes pissed and cooked outta our minds on durries were driving through the outback before we ran over some of those little fuckers.

>Did it bite you?
Nope
Snek will mostly go do his own shit and not bother anyone unless you bother him. Generally I only shoot them if there's kids or pets at risk.

When I lived over the ranges, see the odd Death Adder, King Brown and Red-Belly black snakes, now live closer to the coast and the Tiger snakes are much more common, though will get the odd East Brown or two about.

this post was tryhard to the extreme

dunno what they were called, but I've seen a lot of snakes in my time

crocs only really live up north, particularly in Queensland

it's the blue ringed octopus and the box jellyfish that scare me as a guy that does a bit of surfing. Sharks too I guess

just another 15 year old trying to play up stereotypes to get replies from the Big Strong Americans

>250kb
still to much 2bh

Eastern brown and plenty of other snakes, I've only seen a death adder once, it was laid across the gravel path I was walking on, in some semi-wetlands area.

You just stay still if they're near or avoid them entirely and you're good. Most snakes really aren't aggressive, just kind of unpredictable.

The house I lived in as a child used to get a lot of snakes coming under the backyard fence in summer, which is obviously no good when you have children playing there, mainly western/eastern browns and some variety of pythons. My dad would just behead them with a shovel and flick their remains back over the fence. Though my mum doesn't really like killing things, especially not native animals. So when she dealt with them, she'd capture and release them; same with spiders.