What is it about female singers that makes them 10000X better than their male counterparts?

What is it about female singers that makes them 10000X better than their male counterparts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gQ9pmFMc5oM
youtube.com/watch?v=aQGvlemqUpE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I find them more pleasant to listen to in certain genres

that you also want to fuck them

you're a lonely man that's why

female singers >>>>>>>> male singers

ur a faget

It's because having a man sing into your ears is pretty gay bro

being a man is super gay

no clue why I liked Bilinda so much.

there magical vagina powers

You ever try jacking it to male vocals and afraid of getting gay? I always have to switch.

i can't even jack off, my hand is too manly and that's just gay

fellas is this true?

Well at least post a female singer who can actually sing. Fuck!

>female singers
Female field recorders are the real qt's

You do know most of the 'female' singing on Loveless was just Kevin pitched up, right?

males who listen only to music with male vocalists btfo!!

Fellas is it gay to feel relieved after taking a shit? I felt good because something slid through my asshole.

Don't forget drone composers.

>trap vocals

you’re misremembering that anecdote - this is only true for When You Sleep.

i'm in love

Is it gay if when my boyfriend is buttfucking me he reaches around and grabs my dick?

I.. I ve never thought like that

I am attracted to women so I prefer the company of women and as such I am more inclined to listen to women.

I've actually had people say to me "Oh I don't listen to female singers. That's gay."

wtf? listening to music made by the opposite sex is as straight as it gets. they're gay for not enjoying the female vocals.

Girls are special, men are disposable.

That's just common courtesy

/ thread

Their voices tend to lie in a much higher frequency range than most men's. It means that there's less harmonic interference between the vocals and the instruments - especially in electronic bass-heavy music since much of the sonic energy in the instrumentals is in the same range as the male voice.

see

what's her name?

eh, higher sure, but *much* higher is a bit of exaggeration, it doesnt make as much as a difference to the listeners experiences as this insinuates, if the music is mixed correctly at least

Most female singing voices typically exist in the range of F3 to A5, while male singing voices typically exist in the range of E2 to G4.
Most bass lines exist in the range of E1 to E3, meaning that it overlaps by an entire octave with the male vocal range while not overlapping AT ALL with the female vocal range.
So yes - saying that women's voices exist much higher is both NOT an exaggeration and a fact of potentially HUGE impact in matters like mixing.

your hormones

at this point youre just being dishonest, male voices dont often go as low as E2 typically, even if it is the floor of the average vocal floor. similarly, a bassline going as high as E3 is also uncommon.

even then, frequency ranges are more complicated than just not playing the same octaves between instruments, otherwise you could make this same argument with endless combinations of instruments that are very frequently paired in music

>male voices dont often go as low as E2 typically
The AVERAGE male (aka baritone) voice goes down to a G2 - which is well within the range that basslines go. The average female voice goes down to an A3 - which isn't.

>frequency ranges are more complicated than just not playing the same octaves between instruments
>what did he mean by this
Are you trying to say "the same NOTES between"? "The same OCTAVES between" is a contradiction in terms (octaves are an octave apart...)

>even then, frequency ranges are more complicate
Yes, but not in the way that you apparently think. The fundamental and low order harmonic vibrating frequencies of most bass notes (where most of the energy in the sound lies) exist squarely in the same range as the fundamental vibrating frequencies of most of the male singing range - and NOT most female.

t. Professional Music Acoustician

jesus, my whole point about an average males voice is that an average vocalist isnt often utilizing the lower stretches of his range in typical usage, at least in popular music

and yes, I meant notes, I only used the word octave to contrast with you saying "it overlaps by an entire octave with the male vocal range while not overlapping AT ALL with the female vocal range" as if an overlapping octave were some incredible, insurmountable clashing of frequencies

as far as your point on fundamental frequencies of male vocals vs. bass, surely you are aware that in most popular music vocals, male or female, have a completely filtered out low end, more than enough to not clash with a bass section/part

im going to conclude this back and forth by conceding that yes, female voices are typically going to clash less with a mix versus male voices. but enough to matter? i dont think so

>as if an overlapping octave were some incredible, insurmountable clashing of frequencies
...um, that is EXACTLY what overlapping NOTES means (clashing of frequencies.)

>insurmountable
Never said that. My only point is that female voices are naturally more out of the bass than male voices. Hence why they tend to sit better in the mix (of especially modern electronic-heavy music.)

>in most popular music vocals, male or female, have a completely filtered out low end
Filtered out BELOW the fundamental frequency of the pitch being sung and no higher - otherwise you end up making the singer sound like the're singing through an AM radio.

>but enough to matter?
Absolutely. Again, not saying that men can't be made to sound great (especially where modern electronic instrumentation is concerned) but female voices just tend to sound better without extra fuss in the mixing process. Hence the OP's perception of female singers being "10000X better". Not everything in life is a matter of retarded gender politics. Sometimes things actually go back to pure science.

at this point youre just saying things I thought would have been assumed, in other words arguing over nothing

that explains why grimes sounds so good. there's room for her vocals.

this is part of it. Also, in everyday speech (at least for English speakers, idk about other languages) women tend to speak in a broader range of pitches - more melodically - while men tend to speak close to monotone. I think that as a result it feels more "natural" and easier to relate to emotionally hearing a woman sing

I prefer male singers.

I always thought most female singers sound the same. Not saying they are bad but I think there is less variety in female vocals than in male vocals.

nip singers are best singers

Male Nip: youtube.com/watch?v=gQ9pmFMc5oM

Female Nip: youtube.com/watch?v=aQGvlemqUpE

the most stupid thing i've heard. i bet you listened to about 2 female vocalists. the variety in female vocals is huge. compare kate bush with angela gossow or grimes with diamada galas.

Nah that's super straight

>Kevin goes slightly insane for almost 2 years perfecting the hundreds of guitar layers on Loveless
>Needs a few female vocals
>Bilinda sings almost unintelligibly in the background
>Nobody cares about anyone else but her
>"muh qt shoegaze gf"

>tfw no industrial noise gf to scream at you during sex

Your dick overpowering your tiny rotten brain