youtube.com/watch?v=FK-KC2aQpcI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GSgmrY88z-g
youtube.com/watch?v=TbxnnC22gwY
youtube.com/watch?v=TzuLCLdcym0
youtube.com/watch?v=9ySGfGr7JsU
youtu.be/RfPvCiVsEFg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw queer indie bands and soundcloud trap "artists" get all the attention on this board
I need to find a better music forum.

Bump

youtube.com/watch?v=GSgmrY88z-g

Contemporary classical isn't really my jam, but my dad performed in this one, so it holds a place in my heart.

being serious, the best art music "forum" is usually the comments section on youtube videos

that's how lacking modern art music is for a discussion forum outside of a crusty university

Why are Jews so bad at music? I can only think of three or four Jewish artists that aren't absolute trash.

to be fair anglos and americans suck ass at music a magnitude worse than jews

Like seriously, soviet russia was awful for art and yet it produced a handful of composers that while restricted in their art, were more talented than all of the american and anglo composers alive at their time combined

we see a sort of concern for the commons at large or artistic conception of the commons in composition
and see how most jews define said commons, or what they limit that too

During character creation Jews spent all their points on financial and verbal skills, ignoring everything else.

Anglos and Americans are trash at art music, but at least they are good at catchy pop music, which is more than you can say for the sons of Abraham

I keep listening to postwar composers and other than having complimented and jumpstarting the career of Takemitsu, it seems like Igor Stravinsky is seriously responsible for all of the terrible passing fads after the war. For example he praised Boulez's Le Marteau and Elliott Carter's Piano Concerto when both are modest academic novelties with little timeless value, and yet called Messiaen a heap of shit. I don't get it, the man who poked fun at and ignored Schoenberg is the one that forwards Boulez and Carter?

The semitic race has no sense of aesthetics. They have no appreciation for beauty or art. They are soulless, money worshipping goblins.

>soviet russia was awful for art and yet it produced a handful of composers that while restricted in their art, were more talented than all of the american and anglo composers alive at their time combined
who is steve re-
>a jew
welp

just wait until you find out that reich's shitty doppleganger Glass is also jewish, then look at AMERICAN composers:

Elliott Carter (terrible)
Milton Babbitt (terrible)
Charles Ives (inventor, not a good composer)
Roger Sessions (minor influence if any)
Henry "Sitting on the piano is avant garde" Cowell

thank god for american jews. Wish we could borrow some russians and frenchies and czechs and germans desu

Am I the only on Sup Forums who likes Philip Glass?

he's a step down from reich but he can be great whenever he isn't remaking the soundtrack to koyaanisquatsi

>the best art music "forum" is usually the comments section on youtube videos
until you get to anything written after 1900 then it becomes a shitshow

Fair enough. Whenever I see him brought up around here people are always shitting on him, but I think some of his pieces are beautiful. I like the Metamorphosis Uakti piece

honestly reading the comments to a messiaen piece on youtube is the only thing getting me through my job rn

>listening to anything written after 1750
You guys don't ACTUALLY do this do you

kys galantcuck

bump

Ives' 4 Symphony is God-tier.

probably a pleb answer but The Unanswered Question is great too

It could be a balloon. It could be franky. It could be very fresh and clean. All these are the days my friends. And these are the days my friends. It could be those ways. Will it get some wind for the sailboat. It could get the railroad for these workers. And it could get for it is. So these are the days my friends. And these are the days my friends.

OP have you heard part's magnificat?

youtube.com/watch?v=TbxnnC22gwY

i am posting this particular video because its imo the best recording of it. this is the single most powerful piece of music i have ever heard. AMAZING use of dissonance (as usual for him). i used to get really high and listen to this. incredible.

>Listening to Pärt while on drugs
Shameful. You need to repent. Kanon Pokajanen if you can understand Church Slavonic.

>if you can understand Church Slavonic

are there people who can't?

it made me feel close to god user. in a very real sense. how could that be shameful?

calm down Wagner

yeah don't listen to him OP

An experience is an experience. It's all valid whether or not it's curated via intake of drugs.

user*

rec some modern operas.

youtube.com/watch?v=TzuLCLdcym0

poast bread
youtube.com/watch?v=9ySGfGr7JsU

youtu.be/RfPvCiVsEFg

This is what I needed.

Do you want to know what else gets the attention on this board?
Leave. It's for your own good.