Tell me about aboriginal Australian cuisine, Sup Forums...

Tell me about aboriginal Australian cuisine, Sup Forums. Surely they cooked and ate things before the British came to their continent. What were those things like? Are they still available in Australia today? Are they perhaps even tasty and delicious? Or is it just bland garbage? I've never even thought about this until just now, but now I'm really curious.

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/science-environment-17488447
nationalgeographic.com.au/australia/7000-year-old-indigenous-story-proved-true.aspx
mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-08/prince-harry-may-struggle-to-keep-up-with-aboriginal-super-sight/6378066
youtube.com/watch?v=NMhBOrfhW5M
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadza_language#Speculations_about_early_human_language
youtube.com/watch?v=XTCnO5MXvoI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Uma Delicia, white cunt

Mud
Insects
Tree bark
Poo
Other abos

Jesus man, even the burrowing larvae in Australia are sinister looking.

Heh. I remember watching Bear Grylls eat those.

They used to have all kinds of good stuff

bbc.com/news/science-environment-17488447

Memes aside at the time Aborigines had a better diet than the colonising Europeans. They mostly ate lean meat (kangaroo, emu, goanna) . and scavenged for grubs but also berries, nuts and tubers. Coastal tribes ate a lot of seafood like fish, turtles and dugongs.

>Medical examination revealed that the Tjapaltjarri clan (as they are also known) were "in beautiful condition. Not an ounce of fat, well proportioned, strong, fit, healthy"

Give abo gf plesa

Wow. Well that goes against what we're normally told around here about them being complete degenerates even before colonization.

I'm sure you could unironically make this happen really easily. Even if you're ugly.

>taking Sup Forums seriously
>2016
Abos did kill out their megafauna but not more so than any other hunter gatherer society

To be fair the Torres Strait pretty much acted as a barrier for trade and Australia is just so fucking huge that they could only really rely on the food provided.
But as user pointed out before, they did other things that were useful for them. Like their songlines and dreamtime stories contain accurate maps and include/retain stories of important historical events that shaped the land.
nationalgeographic.com.au/australia/7000-year-old-indigenous-story-proved-true.aspx
It's not like they're completely nomad, they used to farm eels for eating.

Im not in australia dude

If they were so healthy why did they die?

I don't understand all the h8 they get. Yeah they weren't as advanced as us but who gives a fuck. I live around a bunch and I gotta say they're a simple people that mainly keep to themselves (understandable) but if you need a helping hand-they'll give it.
But from the way this website goes on about it, you'd think every second we're not euthanizing them is just another crime against nature.

diseases m8

lead poisoning, flu, poxes

Nice dubs, guys. Anyway yeah I don't take Sup Forums seriously. I mean hell, I voted for Sanders. I was just making the observation that most Aussies on here (the ones being vocal, anyway) tend to make it out like they're a bunch of irredeemable retards. It's refreshing to see someone being nice about them. I've never met one, as I've never been to Australia, and I get the impression that not a lot of them leave.

It's all fucking disgusting shit. Nutritious, but absolutely horrifying for someone used to western food

Sup Forums can be fucking stupid.

I don't have a problem with aboriginals, but they really do tend to be quite stupid unless they're 75% european.
It doesn't really surprise me because there really was no pressure on them to advance beyond a simple tribal lifestyle and Australian conditions didn't really make that possible.

You'll only see "fit and healthy" aboriginals in the far north of Queensland where they're completely cut off from modern society. The rest tend to be overweight, alcoholic and diabetic. It's all very sad.

I've seen some abo footballers and rugby players on your teams who look like fucking beasts but yeah I get that that's not typical.

Bear in mind they're all mixed.

didn't they have amazingly strong jaws/teeth or something?

Don't know about that but almost all aborigines are born without wisdom teeth. Yes, they simply do not grow them.

not all
that's because they're all highly paid athletes. Abos are incredibly athletic people, they just like sugar way too much and their bodies can't handle it. Pic related is from the Tiwi Islands, which is almost entirely full blooded abos, but was fat as fuck before getting signed by Essendon.

Eyesight you mean:
mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-08/prince-harry-may-struggle-to-keep-up-with-aboriginal-super-sight/6378066

>not all

Forgive me, I was only thinking of NRL.

their jaws are also strong

problem with abo eyesight is that it degrades sharply around middle age

Do they taste good?

they're not horrible with a bit of butter
I won't be jumping at the opportunity to eat them again though

kangaroos, bugs, fish, reptiles, birds stuff like that. I can't remember if it was them or Europeans who made dampa.

damper was english

They are genuinely interesting, the most diverged human and we aren't appreciating them enough. Would be a loss if they went away permanently, camps and nature reserves should be set up for them before they go the way of the dodo.

We should stop kidding ourselves and treating them like everyone else to their demise.

we unironically tried that once

We did put them in camps, gave away their skulls for study in Europe, experimented on them and completely genocided them in Tasmania. They kinda were treated like you described but worse.

Thought the Australian approach was an attempt to BLEACH them?

One guy's head was preserved and shipped off to England. It only came back a decade or so ago

That's a meme. A bit of bleaching did go on, but it wasn't like the Spanish, just a natural consequence of being primitive on an island colonised by criminals

Thought it was just the Tasmanians without wisdom teeth?

Also it looks like they're more bleached than they actually are because they lose their aboriginal features at an alarming rate. After about three generations of bleaching they look English

Proofs? I don't believe that a 1/8th abo could look non abo

Damn that kid is ugly. At least I can believe the thing about British genes being dominant now.

That kid is good looking
Da fuck you been smoking

Hahaha fuckin bong'd. I wouldn't want to be the guy that has to fuck a full blooded abo, though. That kid is phenotypically white too, what the hell

Abbos are probably the only race in the world more recessive than whites

this shit bothers me, I bet most of those were born in well off families but still claimed scholarships throughout their entire education

I went to a pretty expensive school and one of the guys there on an aboriginal scholarship was one of the richest in the entire school. Those are meant to be to let some kid from Woop Woop get a proper education.

>be 1/8th abo
>get all the perks of being white plus free abo gibs

Sweet deal t b h

Yeah these guys live god tier lives
Since abbo genes are extremely recessive, they only need to be like 3/4 or 7/8 white to completely destroy all abbo genes and have white intelligence, but since they have some abbo ancestry, they get all the gibs that full abbos get

Is it an education problem or are abos really dumber than "normal" humans?

Also, what the hell! How can they be more recessive than whites, even dark skin? Is the thing that makes them dark skinned not the same as black people?

They are so different, I wonder how would be the world if we didn't kill the neanderthals...

Their culture is a big problem. I used to work in the north of Western Australia with a lot of abo kids and it was a fucking nightmare trying to get them to show up to school and learn.
Their parents don't understand why an education is important and anyone that actually does work tends to get shunned for acting like the whiteys.

They're not a particularly smart group of people, but they're more than capable of learning trades or graduating high school if they actually tred.

>perks of being white
There are no perks of being white in a white country, ese

Is that why this girl looks pretty white?
youtube.com/watch?v=NMhBOrfhW5M

Actually San (Bushmen) are the most divergent lineage

Bush food is kind of hard to cultivate or domesticate, so it's sort of stuck out in a niche all of its own. Some of it like crocodile, seafood, fish, emu and roo are generally inoffensive to most palates, plants and fruits are a lot harder to come by and generally also harder to identify.
I've tried a bit of it, most of it is not terrible, but some of it really is.

Nah, we can turn New Zealanders into a human in about 3 months

Been up to the Gold Coast mate? Some of them still haven't learned to appreciate civilisation.

Not lately, the ones we get running around down here go native pretty quickly for a decent paycheck or slab of beer

You guys give them a big chunk of land called Arnhem land, where they can live freely.

>There are no perks of being white in a white country, ese

Sure there are. You're more likely than many ethnic groups to have a serviceable IQ if you're white, and people are more likely to respect you

>and people are more likely to respect you
?

>Well that goes against what we're normally told around here
American "education" at its finest

Look I'm not a lefty: all I'm saying is I've never once been stopped by a patrol car or followed around a store by asset retention employees, which probably wouldn't be the case if I weren't white.

>been stopped by a patrol car
There are regular checks by the police where they park on the side of the street and pull all passing cars to the side.
This bypasses race discrimination and stuff here I guess.
>or followed around a store by asset retention employees
Lmao what. That sounds illegal.

My brother has a buddy whose mom is a native Warlpiri speaker. Apparently she is a professor at some university in Australia.

I would really like to make some Aboriginal friends and learn about their culture, but I don't live in Australia. You say they're "quite stupid". Isn't that just because of a lack of education?

No, they're just not very smart people and whatever european hangs around long enough around an aboriginal area to have a kid tends not to be particularly intelligent either.

This. Genetic studies show that humanity can be grouped into three main genetic groups: the Hadza, the Ju!'hoan, and everybody else.

That's right, we're closer to Australian aborigines than two African hunter-gatherer groups are to each other. Sup Forums BTFO.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadza_language#Speculations_about_early_human_language

Sure, but that's because their culture values different kinds of knowledge. Survival, oral traditions, etc. To hunter-gatherers, we must appear to be quite stupid, since we can't survive in the wild and have to write everything down to remember. When's the last time you tracked down a kangaroo, found a clean water source, found a place to camp that wouldn't get washed away in a flash flood, and then recited an hour-long song/dance epic from memory?

That's indigenous knowledge m80.

A lot of them don't really do that anymore. Their culture got stripped away with colonisation and they just sit around in rural towns, drinking and yelling at people that walk past.

>Mexican intellectuals

Sure, but you can't call them stupid as a people because their culture was stripped away. The reason an individual aborigine might be an idiot is because he was born with his traditional culture taken away, with none of the communal cultural knowledge that western kids grow up with that enables them to succeed in Western society.

My point is that individual people might be dumb because of the conditions they've been subjected to, but there's nothing inherent about their genes that make them any less behaviorally modern (in an anthropological sense) than other humans.

>genocide, rape and disease destroy your population and traditional knowledge
>genetically predisposed to alcohol and drug dependency
>have only legally been considered "people" for the last 50 years or so
>some white faggot comes along and calls your community for having your own culture genocided out of existence, but also for lacking the accumulated cultural "westernness" that gives you the ability to become investment bankers or whatever.

Sounds pretty prejudiced dude, and I'm not even an SJW.

What's with the drinking and the petrol?

>genetically predisposed to alcohol and drug dependency
Australia user also mentioned sugar, why are they so predisposed to things?

I don't think you understand what I'm saying, they're not intelligent as in they don't learn or engage with complex ideas as well as other people do.
I completely understand why they are in the position that they find themselves in, but that doesn't change the basic facts

I don't know how the petrol sniffing started, but they got exposed to alcohol when colonisation started and didn't know how to handle it properly, which lead to alcoholism becoming part of their culture. Because they still have a tribal mentality, their kids stay inside their insular units and never try to escape the problems that their communities face.
It's a very sad situation and one that isn't easily fixed

following up on this, there are plenty of things Aboriginals are far better than Europeans at, which is something I'm more than happy to admit. I don't hate Aboriginals at all or consider them inferior to me. I'm more than aware of why they are generally uneducated and the factors that contribute to that. Part of my job was to try to find ways around that and get them to start going to school and studying.

This is pretty common to indigenous peoples around the world. Think about it like this: intensive agricultural civilizations have been exposed to alcohol since the neolithic, let's say 7,000 years as a conservative estimate. We have a lower rate of alcohol dependency because people with genetic predisposition thereto were genetically unsuccessful thousands of years ago, so that predisposition did not get passed on.

What's happening to Aborigines is the same thing that happens to every group of people that is exposed to alcohol for the first time.

Can you give me an example of them not learning or engaging with complex ideas? That sounds pretty subjective.

my experience with the ones I've worked with is subjective, yeah. You can look up studies that have been done on the topic if you want.

I'd be interested to see some of these studies, could you point me in the right direction?

Genuinely not trolling , I'm interested in this.

Kearins, J. A Quotient of Awareness is good, it gives you a good understanding of why they don't perform well in what modern society considers to be signs of intelligence, but also shows what Aboriginals are good at (spacial awareness, visual spatial memory etc).

Because of the conditions the Aboriginals lived in for so long, their brains are "wired" differently to ours to put it unscientifically. Stuff relating to the Hermannsburg Project is worth reading too.

Whites are hardly " recessive"
People just consider a caramel half black dude with a euro looking face as "black"

Nah, it's mostly education and culture, the culture generally begetting the lack of education. Though the actual culture of indigenous people is mostly all long gone. This tribalistic, anti-work and anti-intellectualism and xenophobia, that's kind of a mesh of the abo cultures and modern life - isn't good for them at all. Though there are plenty of abos that are no different to non-abo aussies in culture, your buddy's mother likely escaped or was removed from this, good to see a native speaker in such a position though. Most so-called 'indigenous' don't speak any abo languages, at all. The preset mentality and general culture of many of them don't enable them to thrive in society. Even the fact that they don't really need to, heavily contributes to it. If you're abo you literally don't need to do anything, or put any effort into anything for your entire life. You'll be taken care of using other peoples taxes and extensive social services. This kind of set up means there isn't even any pressure for change, the negatives of the present culture simply compound. This as well as general special treatment and the rest of us having to be inoffensive as possible, standards are far lower for abos in education, for example, mostly they have their own programs and stuff that they can choose to do which makes every thing really easy. When I was in high school (I'm 19), abos there could just play some sport and pass school, basically. Other special treatment like assemblies basically serving as "abos so good! everyone else bad!", it's not even just "white folk" anymore, Asians are included in the general hate.

Interesting from an anthropological standpoint.

Did they have a written language before colonization?

Nah. They used to draw symbols in the sand while telling stories, which later developed into dot paintings in the 1940s.

youtube.com/watch?v=XTCnO5MXvoI
great athletes

abos are fine dude, just like every people in the world (except for maybe gypsies) there are useless abos and good abos

do people really think intelligence is genetical? Even a random abo raised in the wilderness could become smart if he got the proper education at a university

part nature part nurture

Intelligence is Just a way to see if someone is fitting well in the society

I saw a Netflix special that focused on the aboriginal use of fire in their cooking. However, if they used fire with their main delicacy now (petrol) it wouldn't work out for them.

iq is a measure of how well your brain works. memory, pattern recognition, and problem solving all play a part. I have a theory that genius can be discovered on both sides of the bell curve because of brain composition miracles.

this is a good thread.

I had to live near them and have my fathers business deal with them they are by the majority dumb violent savages.