Overlooked GOATS

Why is pic related almost never mentioned when discussing the greates players of the 90's? Widely considered one of the greatest and is the undisputed GOAT in Denmark.

Was is because og the forbidden move he made from Barcelona to Real Madrid, or were there simply too many memorable players that decade?
Also other overlooked goats thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WsTZd5BPr6s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oh, didn't know that Denmark had such affection to Rivaldo.

Allan Simonsen is the Danish GOAT tBh makker

He was actually unironically my favourite player beacuse my brother bullied me into liking him
Maybe but he became a meme after he was on Vild med dans (Strictly come dancing for britfags)

He is rated, but here in mexico people dont know a shit about football and only talk about messi/cristiano/madrid/barcelona 24/7

Rivaldo was great. One of ours best #10.

The other one deserves the praise that he already have.

>or were there simply too many memorable players that decade?
Hit the nail ail on the head. He was a great player. So was Batistuta, Davids, Keane, Redondo, Shearer, Vieri, Stojkovic, Stoichkov, Nedved, Raul, Maldini, Stam, Schmeichel, Kahn, Nesta, Del Piero, Cantona, Cafu, Bergkamp, Carlos, Seedorf, Inzaghi, Hagi, Klinsmann, Suker, Larrson, Lineker, Gascoigne and a fair few more

There is bear kum?

Le born in le wrong country XD

>Mexican sport journalism isn't shit
>Saying the truth about one espeific area = attacking the country
>Literally getting mad

But still I just can't grasp why he is never mentioned in the discussion.

He was arguably the most crucial player in Cryuff's dream team, and started the Barcelona dominance that decade winning 4 consecutive titles. Was also elected as the best player twice.
After his departure from Barcelona he arrived at Real Madrid who then immideatly ended the Barcelona dominans that season winning the title.
He was litterally the first player to win 5 consecutive league titles with two different teams

Plus he literally made the no look pass a thing and was his trademark move

If he'd had Ronaldo's work ethic he would have been the undisputed goat.

Spent too much of his career playing at 80-90%, and only being great.

All the dodgy dealing with his crooked agent took a lot of the shine off his career too

Quality post

>"Had Michael been born in a poor ghetto in Brazil or Argentina with the ball being his only way out of poverty he would today be recognised as the biggest genius of the game ever. He had all the abilities to reach it but lacked this ghetto-instinct, which could have driven him there."

Cruyff butthurt or truth?

Laudrup is well above all those players. Nedved and Del Piero are the only ones who could compete.

Very true actually.

t. veryoldfag

Definetely butthurt but it's hard to dissagree.
I guess that's what you get for being a privileged white male comming from a wealthy family

>itt contrarians tipping their 'doras

I'm sorry but who?

probably true, that's why suarez is great

>doesn't play for denmark
>denmark wins euros

Wow some goat

t. 19 year old who never watched any of them

It depends who you ask. People who know football regard him in the GOAT tier of playmakers. Casuals won't rate him because his career ended before the 2000s and he never had a huge moment in a WC or Euros like Zidane etc.

>laudrup
>well above nesta, maldini, cafu, raul,

lmao, stfu you deluded clown

have you ever watched him play, oh wait you didn't because you were 1 year old when he retired, you fucking piece of shit

tb h lads

>being this buttblasted at not even 1 in the afternoon

His peak was just a bit before my time, but from what I've seen on youtube he looks like a 6' tall speedy Iniesta with more attacking instinct.

yeah laudrup was a better footballer than those 3 defenders and raul

lmao stfu you deluded clown

He was better than Raul. It's hard to compare him with defenders, but I'd say his standing in the GOAT pantheon is equal to Nesta but below Maldini.

nice arguement there you underage fag

Unironically the best player of the 90s.

called doing a ronnie

>yeah laudrup was a better footballer than those 3 defenders and raul

yeah, because you're was absolutely top tier as well wasn't it:
>yeah laudrup was a better footballer than those 3 defenders and raul

fucking moron

yuroc up 1992 was some heavy weight memeing on our part tbqh
he was always clutch for Denmark too

>yeah, because you're was absolutely top tier as well wasn't it
learn to form a coherent sentence you dingus

i'll not be taking grammatical advice from someone that can't spell "argument" correctly.

unlucky champ

Step aside, plebs.

literally who

>le be shit all season then turn to goat in champions league man

I will never forgive Nawalka not subbing him for penalties vs Portugal.

youtube.com/watch?v=WsTZd5BPr6s

How can one man be so BLESSED?

probably because he's a fag

very true

Rivado was not overlooked m8.

That doesn't even make sense

Worked for rolando

zidane was better tho

One of the best strikers of all time

Zidane was Rui Costa tier in the 90s. Ronaldo was the GOAT of the 90s.

Greatest ever at 1vs1, untireable, leader, immortal, etc etc
Better than Maldini, only second to Baresi and Scirea
Pietro VierchoGOAT

this

I remember this guy, he was based, one of the true football men, imagine him destroying today players on 1vs1.

GOAT at tapping the ball in the net from 3 feet

Don't care, was always in the right place and never missed. What more do you want from a striker

>implying Shearer was a tap-in merchant

Why do people with no clue about past football try and talk shit?

favorite football story of all time for me. I rewatch the Dutch documentary on 1992 every couple of months, the van Basten tears are delicious.

He was better than Zidane, better than Iniesta.