Show me a one goddamn 80s movie/tv show which had a neon light extravaganza shit like all these retro-80s stuff coming...

Show me a one goddamn 80s movie/tv show which had a neon light extravaganza shit like all these retro-80s stuff coming out now.

I don't remember this shit at all.

Even all the synth stuff people are doing now, was much rawer in 80s, than the "homages" they are doing now.

I'm getting sick of this shit.

Beyond the Black Rainbow, Drive, Stranger Things, Neon Demon.

Fucking Suspiria from the 70s was more neon than any of the bullshit they're trying now. GOD FUCK.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y9O-0B6OC0E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Blade Runner.

Stranger Things didn't have any neon lights though

Street Trash, I guess. This whole modern take on the 80s aesthetic is nothing like the actual 80s aesthetic. I'd rather just watch actual 80s movies.

Neon Demon isn't supposed to be influenced by the 80s. And Stranger Things did nothing with neon.

Repo Man

The logo intro.

>Show me a one goddamn 80s movie/tv show which had a neon light extravaganza shit like all these retro-80s stuff coming out now.

There's literally no neon in Repo Man unless you're talking about the glowing car. What the fuck are you talking about?

>Show me a one goddamn 80s movie/tv show which had a neon light extravaganza shit like all these retro-80s stuff coming out now.

youtube.com/watch?v=y9O-0B6OC0E

Thief.
TRON.
The Terminator.
Manhunter.
Big Trouble in Little China.
Black Rain.
The Keep.
THX 1138.
Akira.
Flashdance.
Streets of Fire.
Blade Runner.
After Hours.

>Thief.

based

kino

I NEED MORE NEON

KYS

whats that japanese crime movie thats really A E S T H E T I C? I think it was from the 60s though

Have you ever thought that they aren't necessarily trying to emulate the 80s 100% but take that it as heavy influence and expand on the particular bits they enjoy?

Tokyo Drifter?

yeah, thanks user

obviously they're gonna overdo it with the neon light stuff. same with "the nice guys", and very over the top 70s aesthetic.

If Neo-80s stuff didn't exaggerate something from the 80s, like neon signs, there would be little to differentiate it from modern material.

Boxy looking cars and a lack of cell phones is more subtle visually than neon lights.

ITT OP didn't live in the 80's and is complaining about media not portraying the 80's right.

I grew up in the early 90s that was behind the times enough that it was basically the 80s. I would watch shit from the 80s and think it was current times lol

Miami Vice

You sound mad tho. Why you so mad?
All those movies you listed that you hate are great.
You should get that stick out of your ass and enjoy something once in a while.

>Beyond the Black Rainbow
You are barking at the wrong door user.
Holy fuck i feel sad for you

>Thief
Great frame .. good taste