This Oprah bull-shit has me wondering:Is there a reason he can't run again in 2020?

This Oprah bull-shit has me wondering:Is there a reason he can't run again in 2020?

Reagan:Was too old to run again after 8 years
Bush Sr:Same
Clinton:Wanted to give the wife a chance, she probably wouldn't forgive him if he ran next time.
Bush Jr:Too unpopular

I would suck so many nigg nuts to get this man back in office, at least we weren't the laughing stock of the world and I have friends in CA that I would like to not get blown up by Trump poking the proverbial beehive of NKorea.

> Is there a reason he can't run again in 2020?
The fucking constitution.

this retarded
stay mad kid

stay mad kid

You do realize that the president can only legally serve two terms, right? I can't believe I'm explaining this.

Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely liberal. Bernie Sanders 2020 though.

kek. someone didn't pay attention in civics. agreed; sanders 2020 is our only hope.

Only rule is you can't back-to-back more than 2 terms.

sure kid
millennial aint too bright are they.

how do you make it through life being so incredibly stupid? all you had to do was google it

this retarded

That's Russia, you retard.

fucking boomers man

Getting this triggered over a pic of a POTUS that's been out of office for a year when this post is obvious bait.

You're incorrect
22nd ammendment bro

stay mad kid

sure kid
stay mad

No, he is ineligible to run for President ever again, as he has served two full terms. Once you have done that, you can never be President again, no matter how many years pass since you have left office. It also does not matter whether your two terms are consecutive or not. Theoretically, a president could serve one four year term, step down, and then come back and win a second four year term 20 years later, and at the end of that second term, would be ineligible to run again. All that matters is the total number of years you have been president, not when those years occurred.

Others have pointed out there may be a loophole in that he might be able to run for vice president; this is an often-discussed but unclear point; if anyone who was ineligible to run for President sought the office of Vice President, they’d probably face a court challenge to resolve whether the 22nd Amendment prevents someone from running for president or serving as president, and if it’s the latter, whether someone can seek the office of Vice President while being ineligible to serve as president.

there is that whole clause in the constitution limiting presidents to two terms. my god you dumbfuck shitstain, makes me cry you can vote

Why are we talking about another election?
Fuck, it is 3 years away.
I hate election season so much, I don't want to deal with it again, let alone only a year after our last election

This is why you faggots were so confused and upset when Hillary lost.
You lack the fundamental understanding if our political systems

He can't run for President again but he could technically run for Vice President.
Then whoever is at the top of the ticket resigns and this is how we get four more years of Obama cucking white, working class Americans.

They changed the rules after FDRs third term, it is now limited to two to stop the cult of popularity from creating a de facto monarchy.

People like you are why they need to require a civics test before you are allowed to vote.

stay mad kid

That's why he can't be VP, because on the off chance that the President can't carry on he is legally blocked from stepping up.

Why would you want him to?

I wonder who comes in second place on that list?

Just allow the Trump Curse to take its toll, it already has, her house in California was damaged by a mudslide just a few hours ago

Because OP is either a nigger or nigger lover wanting to continue the march to communism that Obama pushed. That's why Hillary didn't win. Too many people realized she would just carry on his policies.

>her house in California
All her other houses are fine tho, right?

I believe that is Churchill.

"Section 1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

Section 2. This article shall be inoperative unless it shall have been ratified as an amendment to the Constitution by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several states within seven years from the date of its submission to the states by the Congress."

The language in the Amendment makes it clear that you can not be ELECTED for President after serving two terms. It says nothing about a previous President running as Vice President and then serving again as President after a resignation/death/removal from office. This is kind of a blindspot as far as the amendment is concerned since it isn't directly addressed. It would technically be legal.

The Trump Curse is just giving a warning, but it'll come for her

you guys should run hillary again

Blaming Trump for natural disasters caused by 40 years of leftest environmental policy in California. Are you retarded or just a leftest commies?

The Twelfth Amendment says you can't be elected VP if you're ineligible to be president.

But as to whether someone could be appointed VP if they're not eligible to would come down to how the Twelfth is interpreted by the Supreme Court.

The amendment says: "But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States," which seems pretty cut-and-dried, but it could be argued that the amendment only deals with the election process so anything outside that is fair game.

I really doubt that the Supreme Court would go with that interpretation, though.

member when obama created isis?
trump fixed that in one year.
member when obama let the iran regime have nukes.
member when he handed tons of military equipment to the cartel.
member when he put the military pay on hold to force his bill
member when he used tax payer dollars to campaign for hillary.

>some
It specifically states that if you serve more than half of someone else's term you can only run once. That is to keep you from go over the two term limit. The Supreme Court ruled on this for Johnson.

Holy shit you need to kys

Remember when every word of that was debunked?

pinhead

sure kid
stay mad

I don't remember any of those points being debunked.

stay mad

I bet 100$ His wife will Run next. There is so much Propaganda. Also every US President after Kennedy was Shit. US is an plutocracy

>41 replies

Sup Forums is dead.
F

> Implying an VP isn't an president
Are you retarded?

Your dick is dead

Yes stupid. There is a reason Obummer cant run again. You ignorant hillbilly

They also think presidents are elected by popular vote, and if they can get Trump impeached, Clinton would become President.

a what now ?

Durp. Dumbass

Kennedy was shit. If it wasn't for him and his brother stirring the niggers up we would never have had the civil Rights act. Regan was the best President in modern history. His policies are what brought the Soviet Union to it's knees.

Kennedy was a shit president, getting shot was the best career move he ever made

Thanks for playing tyrone. we have some lovely parting gifts for you.

>Uses a website that believes numerical ouija, "meme" magic, and prayers to an ancient frog diety put a business man in one of the most powerful positions on earth
>Doesn't believe in the strange and negative circumstances surrounding several celebrities who have spoken out against the president

Regan was an weapon lobby whore who knew howto deal with old stupid people.

Just sayin

and don't forget

>Is there a reason he can't run again in 2020?
What is law? Damn pesky forefathers!

I don't believe magic put him in the presidency. I believe he was put there by the conservative people of middle America. All the celebrities that I have seen speak against him are leftest commie faggots. I hope when Trump leaves office we can get someone farther to the right in there.

>forefathers
>twenty-second amendment
>1947

Nobody needed to confirm, they drove around with 100 brand new toyotas and US fighted against IS years while russia suceeded more in a few months. Iraq with much better military was defeated in less than 2 months and some IS nigga without aircraft or intelligence fights against the half world over years. Everyone knows US is fighting dirty wars everywhere and Europe (what makes me rage as european) licks US ass. Murricans who think they fight about freedom or moral standards are fucking retarded. US is a big mercenary state

He is not ineligible to be President, he is ineligible to be ELECTED President, the language of both amendments does not stop someone running for VP and then becoming President through any of the ways for a President vacate the office.
Its technically the same as if he ran for Congress in the House, became Speaker and then Pence and Trump resign or are removed from office. That's another way he could come President again because the language isn't clear enough. The inclusion of the word 'elected' makes the amendment too narrow to really cover every situation.

Probably because, I don't know...CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT.

see

stay mad

that you're mad.
so weak kid,
so weak

stay mad kid

stay mad kid

Huh, kid they can only hold two terms in office.

Why do you hate your country user?

How would he get elected VP. The 12th says he is can't.

> Jesus Christ user..
I'm not even an American and I know that's part of your Constitution.
This is why the rest of the world worries about the U.S. constituents intelligence.

stay mad baby, If you have no arguments don't answer

Because this is not Russia, dumbass. We don't allow "elected" dictators-for-life here.

he'll be 78 in 2020 tho

>american education

Atleast they have weapon. What could Go wrong? 300 million stupid people with military grade weapon and an lobbyistic government

He's a nigger?

After reading your first sentence, you have no room for calling others retarded

No it's US where rich people select 2 candidates which basically do the same and you can vote A or B so you can say 'muh freedom'

Seven. Trump will win in 2020.

"But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States."
Obama is not ineligible to the office of the President itself, he is ineligible to be ELECTED President. We could assume that he is also ineligible to be ELECTED VP and then assume the Presidency but this is more about the word vs the spirit of the language.
A plain text reading makes it very clear that holding the office or assuming the office differs from being elected to the office. If the Democrats were to take back the White House in 2020 then the new VP could also resign, Obama could be confirmed easily by a democratically controlled Senate and then the new President could resign, Obama becomes President without being elected by the country at large.
There are a number of ways he could technically become President again. As expansive as the legal system is a lot of US operations are enshrined in convention not the law.

Oh the good ol' language argument. Go write something in german with proper grammar and your argument is valid

Now what we need is term limits on Congress, then we could get rid of politicians and let regular people have a chance. That is how it was supposed to be, then we started with the career politicians who are more worried about reelection than doing good for the country.

you do realise they were both alies when these picyures were taken?
no, you're not that smart?

Youre a fucking faggot.

Kim jong un started launching missles and testing nukes way before Trump said shit to north Korea. That little fuck stick started making waves, and Trump actually had the presidential nut to stick up for the world and say were not gonna wait for NK to bomb someone.

Testing nukes and violating sanctions well deserved, breaking treaties, starving your people, committing human rights crimes... that is why you have to say something, otherwise they will be like the mouse and the cookie and just take and take...

... Judging by your grammar, they're still not the most poorly educated country.
> Agreed for the most part
There are certain politicians (though rare) that deserve to remain in office long term. However most of the worlds governments would be much better off with term limits and stricter oversight on elected officials.

It's against the law for starters.

It is very bad idea!
P.s. I live in Russia and I know what I speak about.

I passed the last 1 they issued.

Correction: Amendment 22

> No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice

After he began his 4th term.

OMG YOU FUCKING DUMBFUCK SHITSTAIN!!!!!

holy fuck... There are 300 million Americans and not all of them are armed you retard. 300 million Americans and none of them own tanks, howitzers, 50 cals, or grenade launchers outside of the Army... how are you this fuckin' stupid?