I want to live off the land for a year or 2. Whats a good gun for hunting and bear protection...

I want to live off the land for a year or 2. Whats a good gun for hunting and bear protection? and what kind of veggies are good to grow in a forest?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HixMIKyUqSM
alexanderarms.com/products/50-beowulf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

steyr scout, grow potatoes carrots, and root veggies

If you have to ask b
You guna die.

30-06 will take anything in north america

A good knife is better then fucking dirreha berries

Scout rifles are a fucking meme and gay

remmington 350 ultra with a leupold scope. my personal hunting rifle. Accurate and a little more stopping power than a 30-06

You only need protection from bears if

A) They see you as a food supply
B) You fuck with their cubs

Don't feed or shoot any bears

If a bear comes at me it goes down.

Remington 700 in 30-06.

Buy a compund bow instead.
Read books about vegetation in your country wherever you from.
Dont forget bringing a fleshlight or you will end up like the turks fucking animals.
Bring a flashlight or you will end up being fucked. Solar power bank, compass, and a plastic coat if theres no drinkable water like spring/river.

Lol sure.

You ever tried to make a shot on a charging grizzly ?

You will miss in your in inexperience.
Its also a too late if its charging you

Never said it was cool, but it was designed specifically for outdoorsy bush living. Cooler guns aren't spec built for that purpose

Tec9 with a Remington 350
If you can't hit a long range target with the Tec9 then youre fucking shit.

I'm a very accurate shot. I never miss my target.

>Buy a compund bow instead.

Bows are more tightly regulated in most US states than a rifle/handgun. Beyond that, unless he is going to be bringing a few hundred/thousand arrows out there with him, a bow will become pretty quickly useless

9mm? Don't think that'll help.

Your problem is, you ARE a food supply for a bear

You just carry 10 arrows and re-use them.

lol tec9, stop watching rap videos on youtube

Ive watched a guide drop a charging Kodiak at full run using a 45-70. Bears in Alaska are scary as fuck because a good chunk of them have no fear of humans at all and some are even attracted to human activity as we are usually a food source for them one way or another

you obviously never hunted before. do you know how many arrows ive lost or broken from them going right thru the animal and into a rock or ground?

Have you ever hunted with a bow? Your 10 arrows are going to last, if you are lucky, 15-20 days.

Not with a bow.

Lol doesnt work unless ure Legolas living in lala land.
If you use a carbon arrow with titan tip it will burst as it hits a bear Skull, as well as the bears Skull will.

It depends on OPs setting, you live in a wooden hut or something or in a tent?
You need the gun for food supply or defense?
Pepper spray + compound have worked fine for me.

A Mossberg 590 should do the trick, get some birdshot, buckshot and slugs

Im
I probably have the worst luck in the world as my animals have an almost butter on bread ability to ALWAYS fall on the arrow and break the shaft

its ok you're forgiven. if you shoot a deer or mostly anything with a good killshot the arrow will go right through it and most likely bend or break as it hits the ground or a tree or rock or a nigger

Well, the pizza plant needs A LOT of sunlight, so planting them in any heavily wooded area is out. You also have to keep in mind that deer prefer the vegetarian pizzas, so you're going to have to set up a fence of some sort to keep them away, they don't seem to like the meat lovers pizzas as much though. Now you're going to have problem with bears and around both of your pizza and plants, but there is a simple solution I've found. Bears don't like spicy food! So simply plant some jalapeno pepper plants or any spicy Hot Pocket plants around your pizza and plants and they will keep the bears at bay.

not going to entrust my life with a spray can.
A mossberg with slugs should be good for hunting or defense.
good to know.

I agree with you though, shotgun with slugs for ground aminals and bird shot for berddss. Dove is a very tasty food I've shot a ton of them

The bigger the game the larger, heavier, and slower of a bullet you want. Bear and Moose are some of the biggest game in North America. If you are thinking about distance hunting Id suggest a rifle in .375H&H. If its going to be more brush covered hunting 45/70Gov from a lever gun is your best bet

Edgy faggot

>slower you want
lol velocity of a smaller bullet is more impact than a larger bullet
>do you even grain bro?
>learn 2 reload rounds you can pack them over grain for extra velocity

Crossbow and bolts, 250lb draw strength and you’ll be fuckin ripped when you get back from your sabbatical

Not that guy, but very few people are cool and collected enough to do that successfully. I remember a vid of a SEAL advising against going for a dog's eyes right away if you get attacked, specifically because fear inhibits fine motor control.

If you drilled in a professional environment to do that could you? Probably if you spent long enough training in a bite proof suit with a live animal until it became pure muscle memory. 99.9% chance you haven't if you're on Sup Forums. Same kind of people that think they'd be deadeye with an open carry rifle in a bank robbery because they've spent some time on a static range.

Inb5 over 300 confirmed charging grizzly kills

youtube.com/watch?v=HixMIKyUqSM

velocity leads to over penetration. There is a reason almost every big game caliber in the world fires at under 1000FPS. When you are throwing 400-600 grain rounds down range you dont need speed to create impact

AR, chambered in .50 Beowolf

alexanderarms.com/products/50-beowulf

You're wrong, but whatever. You seem too dumb to talk to

get the SAS survival flip book. invaluable.

lol notice how he taps the gas on reflex as soon as it makes a motion. That little flinch could easily fuck up your shot and bounce a slug along its skull. You done goofed if you're getting charged

Get a .22lr for hunting. 1,000 rounds weighs about ~5lbs. Can feed you for those 2 years.
Get a revolver in 454 cassull for bear/human defense.
Or just bear spray. Works juat as good if not better depending on how shitty of a shot you are.

But imho. I think you should bw more cocerned with other gear rather than just a gun.

Do some research on knives. Axe. Packsaw. Tarp. Sleep system. First aid. Cook kit.clothing and footware and repair kits. Find some stuff that will last and will suit your needs for the are you plan to live in Get some knowledge and skills built up from reading the bushcraft 101 books by dave canterbury.

Go to Bushcraftusa.com and take their free bushcraft school courses to learn rudimentary skills so you wont die.

I'll bring a tent and live in that while I build a log cabin. I'll also bring plenty of MRE's so I don't need to hunt right away and just focus on building.

and nets to catch lots of fish.

get some survival certificates.

Doesn't this LARP belong in /out/? OP is asking tards for answers he should know already with this undertaking. If not a LARP he freezes to death or dies of ameobic dysentery within a week. Next he'll want a good edible plant book for the whole world.

>just bear spray
lol that's like saying people should just use pepper spray if they are being killed by a nigger. good luck.

This is the only sensible answer. Les Stroud lived a pre Columbian lifestyle with his wife after they got married on the Canadian shield. Even with his expertise they were forced to come back to civilization several times due to illness. OP gonna get butt fucked by a bull moose or freeze to death and become coyote kibble.

Do the mccandless. Don't come back until you're dead.

Fucking moose looking to get capped.

would this not be better suited for /k/?

Nah Sup Forums's cool bro.

They are so fucking scary. Territorial mindless horny 2 ton deer.

These fuckers are way more frightening

Kek. Byron died in his 20's

PTR-91 with a 2-7x