The Ween album for people who really love Ween

The Ween album for people who really love Ween

Thats not Craters of the Sac

unironically the worst ween album after la cucaracha

Should be The Pod

But Even If You Don't, Stay Forever, Ice Castles, Exactly Where I'm At and Flutes of Chi are great

Post Rankings:
The Mollusk=White Pepper>Quebec>GWS>C&C>The Pod>>>Pure Guava>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>La Cucaracha

[spoiler]La Cucaracha is better than the first three Ween albums[/spoiler]

[spoiler]desu lo-fi Ween is overrated (other than GWS) and Pure Guava is unbearable at times[/spoiler]

>No 12 Great Country Songs

Discarded

You know I'm right

Weak album
Other than The Mollusk and Quebec their first 3 albums are among their best material, so you are wrong

La Cucaracha os their worst (haven’t listened to Golden Country Greats yet) and Chocolate Aand Cheese and White Pepper are technically good albums but both are pretty boring (CaC being better than WP)
>Pure Guava is unbearable
You’re saying that like it’s a bad thing

It's sort of the "normie" Ween album, if there is one.

1/3 of that album is shit, but the other 8 songs are fantastic.

Ask me which 8, user.

>(other than GWS)
That's because for some odd reason GWS has better production than the two albums that came after it.

Which 8, user?

Not that user bt w

It's technically a "best of" from when they were just smoking weed and making tapes in High School so I guess they wanted to go more all out and they had more material to sift through

Their next two albums were just them with mono on shrooms throwing whatever they could into a four-track

First 4, last 4. "Exactly Where I'm At", "Even If You Don't", "Stay Forever", and "Falling Out" are Top 25 Browntown material.

No love for that bitchin, brown as fuck tape warping warmness of Ice Castles? :(

Jesus the adjectives in this post make me want to vomit

It's just like a Brown version of "Ode to Joy".

Commit sudoku you dongkey

seriously wtf

>all these normies can't handle how boss their first three albums were.

Pure Guava isn't one of my favourites, but after 25 years they still haven't made a better song than "Mourning Glory". I once described that album as "borderline unlistenable", and stand by that statement, but it's incredible that an album like that was released on a major label and has a lot of memorable, melodic moments despite being such a chaotic and unbearably weird experience.

>their lo-fi drug binges put on tape are on the same level as their intricately crafted, extremely creative, and melodically fantastic albums
Sorry bud but no

I think valuing music more because of its intricacy is a fallacy. Their early music is *insanely* inventive despite a lot of it being simple genre parody. They could manage to be simultaneously eclectic and make their overall output sound so cohesive and singular.

The best example of this to me is a 6 song stretch on The Pod: "Sorry Charlie" all the way through "Demon Sweat". They start off with what sounds like '60s psychedelic folk/rock about growing up and having to take care of yourself, and take you from a range of styles and emotions despite being completely unserious at the same time. "The Stallion (Part 1)" is a narcissistic treatise from a violent psychopath. "Pollo Asado" is a hilarious freeform food order (and happens to be one of my favourite Ween songs from those first three albums). "Right to the Ways and the Rules of the World" is a silly, nonsensical prog rock send-up that sounds so sincere that it makes me laugh because it's clear that they're making fun of what they grew up listening to. "Captain Fantasy" is a bombastic, hard, groovy rock song that really transports me into the mind of the main character in a way that most rock bands don't try to achieve because it's so antiquated and contrived at this point; but they approach it with a surprising amount of sincerity and parody - not serious, but not totally parodical either. And "Demon Sweat" is this chill, calm track that has a very tender melody undercutting the overdone sad sap lyrics.

Not everything they did in those first three albums was great, and even The Pod isn't completely consistent despite being one of my favourites from them, but there is a crazy amount of inventiveness from them on those albums that I almost *never* hear from other bands.