What is the name for the type of humor that is cringy but almost purposefully so...

What is the name for the type of humor that is cringy but almost purposefully so? Name tv shows or movies that contain that humor. I almost compare it to Andy Kaufman although I'm not sure he was cringy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t-wUe5aEwHM
youtube.com/watch?v=-m8xA8AfCg8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>cringy

these 14 year olds tick me off

I'm using the word that is commonly used. It is a type of humor that is almost off putting and people don't know if the person is trolling or not.

There's obvious cringe that invites audience in like Michael Scott in the office

Yeah and then there's the type that is supposed to make people feel disgust? I don't know the right word. And they aren't supposed to know the person is joking I guess?

but you can tell Michael was an earnest yet oblivious guy.

The Office UK. Literally had to pause it multiple times per episode.

Yeah that's the likable type.

>humor that is cringy but almost purposefully so

american ....***comedy***

can you give examples at least? right now this doesn't sound like comedy at all.

it's literally just called cringe humour m8

It's actually quite English.

Absurdist?

cringe comedy is also referred to as "bad writing because we cant write anything funny".

youtube.com/watch?v=t-wUe5aEwHM

In my opinion it requires the audience to have a little intelligence

Is this cringe humor? I think her other stuff is but since she is doing a parody of known memes or jokes it is no longer cringey? What do you think?
youtube.com/watch?v=-m8xA8AfCg8

Depends how its done really, if youre "cringing" bcause its so shit but the participants are oblivious to its shitness then I agree with you, if youre cringing because its painfully realistic and awkward then that can be legit funny when done well (peep show, nuts in may etc etc)

>Name tv shows or movies that contain that humor.
watch al tomgreen kinography

I agree with this partially some of it is gross out humor

>peep show
>good

begone pleb

In my opinion that is not cringe humor. It is a parody and a good one if you know the characters so it removes most of the cringe in my opinion. If she had done that without reference than perhaps it would be.

I only know trebek