I might be moving to Austin TX

I might be moving to Austin TX
any fags have suggestions on where to live? I dont think I want to live IN Austin but in a smaller town outside of it

thx

Round Rock is pretty nice, and cheaper than most places, I think. If you want to go downtown, Austin is a straight shot down I-35. Don't worry about crime wherever you are. Austin is really safe.

my GF lives in SA and im hoping that my job will eventually allow me to relocate there

I hope youre not pulling my leg though user

Nah. The murder rate is like, 3rd lowest in the country for cities over 500k people. Look it up. Round Rock really is nice, though. Sorta got that old timey texas feel, but it's also pretty developed. Look into it.

thanks user

appreciate it

i wont know what my budget will be till i get more info from the state but Ill look into it

what about towns in between SA and Austin?

my gf's parents live in Buda. It's nice there. Small town feel but like 15 minutes outside UT (no traffic)

do you like it there?

It's okay. There's everything you need business wise at the exit off of 35. then it's mostly a suburb everywhere else.

hmmmm ill look into that too

hopefully the price of rent isnt that bad

Checked and I came here to say Round Rock. I lived in Georgetown for 11 years but Round Rock is closer to Austin and better over all, though it’s all practically one city last time I was up there

Why the fuck would you move to Austin and not want to live in the city.

Also Round Rock is just a suburb. If you're looking for anything other than cheap rent (IE a small town feel), don't listen to these guys. It sucks.

San Marcus is 1/2 way between San Antonio and Austin, nice little college town with awesome outlet mall

I am kinda trying to shoot for some place in between SA and Austin. I mean, if I need to be close to Austin for a while that's alright with me.

Like I said end goal is SA but I may need to be closer to Austin so Round Rock is a contender now. Thanks for the help user

Well I grew up in a city in a diff state. went to college in a small town and I kinda like the small town feel.

Thanks user, maybe since its a college town rent might not be so bad

lived in Cedar Park/Leander for 15 years before the boom.

san marcos is a college town
new branfauls has schlitterbahn
round rock is not exactly on the cheap side
georgetown is alright, but far out and traffic on 35 sucks
try to stay out of williamson county. cops there are shit.

If you want the small town feel, then definitely don't live in San Marcos or Round Rock. I grew up in Dallas suburbs. Both those places remind me of Dallas suburbs.

My advice is to scout it out. Check out the Westlake area if you have cash. If not, there are pockets on the East side that are affordable to live in and that feel country af. I lived in a neighborhood in a street called Desirable Dr that felt completely disconnected from the city, but was 10-15 minutes away from downtown. It was great. Lots of families there too, so you felt looked after.

I know the E side of SA is rough, but anywhere that is safe and not ghetto with reasonable prices for living is what I am shooting for.

Country AF as in like I should grab a gun too?

Helotes is next to San Antonio and is a small town. Not a long trip to and from.

New braunfels. It's where I'm at and I can run up to canyon lake for meth

Lived in liberty hill for 10 years and now Georgetown for 13 years and counting, but I work in round rock. I have to say there is almost no point in going to downtown Austin because downtown round rock is just as packed and shit on weekends

Don't ever go here looking for nightlife. It's old school german people and shitty hipster tourists

what about kyle tx?
thoughts on that place?

Buda/Kyle means nothing to me as someone from new braunfels. We only know that place for having a Cabellas and a nice movie theater

Look in to schertz. SA suburb but small town feel

well alright then

schertz is so close to SA that I way as well live with my gf in SA though she lives on the SW side. But I did apply for a few jobs in Schertz

Sorry, I was gone a while. San Marcos is okay. Texas State is there, and it's a pretty heavy party school, so there's lots to do there.

Can't believe no one said dripping springs.but 100k ppl travel 290 everyday going in/out of austin. Liberty hill has traffic going into austin. Anywhere off I-35 = traffic. Try Manor or out east similar. South east austin in veing gentrified and northwest is plagued with traffic. Also moat of austin is plagues with traffic. Go to google maps and look up traffic times like 8am, 9am, 5pm, 7pm and see what hell your getting into. Good luck. I live austin traffic sucks. But again I livedin Denver traffic was absolute shit there...

I agree, Buda is nothing but a boring drive to go to overpriced cabellas. And Kyle is meh it's basically just another place but RR is growing and there's more to do now then just 5 years ago.