youtube.com/watch?v=TWhVF71xd10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I am the oppressors of finns and pampering of eestis

Surm punanahkadele

really causes me to ponder....

>Swedes
>White
Nice meem u have there

Are Finno-Ugric languages mutually intelligible like Slavic?

Not really, they are pretty close though.

Votic and Estonian are very similar, Finnish and Estonian are somewhat similar and all other fugs are just close, but not understandable

have any estonian coastal swedes popped up in these threads?

if so, how is life in Aiboland, lads? is it worth moving there from Tallinn?

if you don't know what i'm talking about, then
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estonian_Swedes

hungarian is pretty much incomprehensible desu
sounds much more like a slav language

Hungari is cute! CUTE!!!

They died out in ww2

>hungarian is pretty much incomprehensible
But you still can understand some words in writing form, yes?

Phonetic form of words is far easier to understand than writing

there are still at least 300 of them
probably more by now, as that statistic is 17 years old

swedish estonia honestly just seems comfy af

Look at this faggotry. How shit can a general be?

i'm so glad we're here now

>1.3 million people in Estonia
>300 coastal swedes
>Expecting any of them to show up here

They are either old or not that tech savvy

I hope that /fug/ prospers. Too bad that I have conscription in July, can't experience it myself much

>swedish estonia honestly just seems comfy af

Don't know why estonians have such an stockholm syndrome over swedes.

.3 million people in Estonia
coastal swedes
as i've said, there are probably many more by now

estonia has only been getting better while sweden has been deteriorating in every way

I despise swedes, but swedes treated us far better than any other conquer

I don't believe that there are more. Much more likely that there are less

Estonians are smarter and more successful than finns, only natural they feel happiness of swedes treating them like equals.

And for us the lenient conquerors were russians but we're not licking their assess.

Name me one worldwide known estonian produce, apart from skype

I'll wait.

Good thread.
No polish scum here.

Enno Hallek
He is one of the man who made the special arts in our subway system

>Enno Hallek

That's really stretching it, even with never heard standards.

And to add more i'd suggest some reading comprehension, "worldwide known", sweden isn't the world and never will be, it's a shithole that we share a border with.

Juhan Aavik is more well known, he is a composer.

Hello Guys pls remember Trianon

his wikipedia page has less than 5 sentences of text.

Now, for real. Give me an estonian WORLDWIDE KNOWN PRODUCT that shows their said excellence and superiority.

Karelian refugee from /balt/ here.

Stop the stupidity! Swedes are trying to divide us with their guileful scheming. Won't work, Sven!

know any karelian?

I'm just making him fuck off by smoking him out

Well, I would like to bring up their ships but since they sank the cruiser before, it's kinda pointless to bring it up.

Finland, Norway and France are the best ship producers in the world by quality so your point was moot to begin with.

>Finland, Norway
Hahah no, lmao.
>France
Well they're well known.

I don't know why you're so all worked up on showing Estonia is less worth at all. Estonia and their people are wonderful, smart and talented. We documented it and appreciated it, while you folks aren't much better than street bums.

best day of my life i celebrate each year

besides myself? no

>Estonia and their people are wonderful, smart and talented. We documented it and appreciated it, while you folks aren't much better than street bums.

That's the judeo-swedish scheaming right there! He tries to show off himself as friendly to Estonians, so that Estonians wouldn't complain while he mocks the Finns.

>Hahah no, lmao.

Ah so you're just some uninformed presumptios idiot.

Norway builds worlds best icebreakers and north sea ships easily and Finland has been contracted multiple times to build the biggest cruisers there are.

Fuck off you annoying cunt you're nothing but waste of bumbs and messages.

Radu go back

Minden igazi finnugornak fáj Trianon.

And sadly these "street bums" are apparently more intelligent than swedes and excell better in some things, so what gives? What are you people then, street junkies?

Arvo Pärt, the most played living composer in the USA

Gimme something then? I suppose you'd understand some finnish then

Olenko oikeassa?

Why have Estonians disregarded vowel harmony from their speak? Finns and Huns have it. Estonians don't give a fuck about it. Explain.

i don't even understand the question lol xD

okidoki, i just read the wiki article about vowel harmony and i got to say i find it utterly useless

Amongst other things it makes the language sound more pleasing.

youtube.com/watch?v=TWhVF71xd10

i guess. never really thought about it that way. in my mind it's all function first, form later. aesthetics isn't very important, unless it's some retarded dog barking language like dutch to make fun of.

> It has been lost in Livonian and in Standard Estonian, where the front vowels ü ä ö occur only in the first (stressed) syllable.
i have a hard time even imagining what would estonian sound like if we still had vowel harmony, and also: where would the letter õ fit in?

Wikipedia:
Vowel harmony is found in most of the Finnic languages. It has been lost in Livonian and in Standard Estonian, where the front vowels ü ä ö occur only in the first (stressed) syllable. Võro, a dialect of South Estonian, however retains vowel harmony.

that's a description of the situation not an explanation tho

Well you've lost it mostly due to heavy germanization of the language.

söök -> söökölö ? xDD fuggen spurdo

very likely. i mean, i'm not a smart man when it comes to languages, but i think it's reasonable to assume the amount of loaned stem-words and the formalization of our spoken language by baltic germans has had a noticeable influence, among other thing on vowel harmony

Doing a post

it's a finno-ugric thread

>tfw Karelian (muh) heritage

Whoops!

Better do another post.

Õ actually exists because of vowel harmony

Let's take the word "debt".
In Finnish: velka. "e" is a front vowel, "a" is a back vowel. But "e" is a so-called neutral vowel, so it can appear.

In Votic: võlka. Both "õ" and "a" are back-vowels. "e" is a front vowel.

In Estonian: võlg.

So that table, in Votic and Võro is:
ä a
ö o
e i õ
y u

North Estonian just lost it because of soundchanges.
The fact that "õ" exists in Estonian, Võro, Livonian, and Votic points to a common ancestor that split off from Finnish/Karelian/Veps. It developed /ɤ/ (õ) and had vowel harmony. North Estonian and Livonian later lost vowel harmony but kept õ.

names of places in a county of estonia: dickhill, dirtycunt (or blackcunt). yep!

who dis

And if you look at a chart of vowels,
/æ/ and /ɑ/ (ä and a) are on the same height but opposite sides
/o/ and /o/ (ö and o) are on the same height but opposite sides
/y/ and /u/ (ü/y and u/ are on the same height but opposite sides
/e/ and /ɤ/ (e and õ) are on the same height but opposite sides.

Turkish f.e has a system without neutral vowels. The back-vowel corresponding to /i/ would be /ɯ/, a vowel that actually exists in Turkish (written as a dotless i)

>Et «a» asemel on «ä», tuleb Saare sõnul vokaalharmooniast ehk keelenähtusest, kus ühes sõnas olevad täishäälikud peavad olema ühte tüüpi: kas kõik täppidega või kõik täppideta. See on olnud läänemeresoome keeltele iseloomulik ja Põhja-Eesti murdest kadunud viimase 500 aasta jooksul. Võru, Mulgi ja Lõuna-Tartumaa murdes on «ä» aga ikka omal kohal.

ö's symbol in the IPA is the crossed O (seen in Norwegian/Danish) that is blocked on Sup Forums.

If North Estonian still had vowel harmony, we would probably write õ as ë, because it corresponds to e, like ä corresponds to a, ö to o, etc.

so here's a question: why do the letters öäü have two dots instead of a single one? seems a bit excessive

cuck

The letters themselves came from German, where they were originally written as "oe", "ae", "ue". The "e" was then written above the letter, and it turned into two dots.

One dot is harder to distinguish too.

If only Pan-Finnicist fascists had succeeded in their coup and purged the Fennoswedes. If Soviets had occupied us Fennoswede genocide would've been the only bearable aspect of it.

like this?

Hi friends.

Yep.

also cause å

and now for the big important question: the letter i, why does it wear the dot?

are you retarded...

i don't understand the question xD

>like what you see?

t-thanks B-blizzard

how many times in your life your parents have told you that they love you?

Are you Russian or Finno-Ugric?

honestly i do not remember them saying that. they usually say they care about me. that's already a big thing imho

hee, I dont. my granny was karelian, then we emigrated

kill me :DDDD

also 0

Your grandma accidentally went eastward.

why estonians are so cold and autistic?

not showing emotions doesn't mean not having them. it's considered rude and inappropriate to display overflowing emotion.

how do u even breed and luv each other without expressing emtions?

we don't. That's why there so few of us and declining.

we are cloned in secret facilities

Fug countries are superior to other people. This is why we have to secure the existence of fugs and fug culture world wide. We have to breed more and more until we outnumber all of our enemies.

never

How do we bring Hungarians back on the track?

leave a trail of paprika crumbs and then shut the border

Hungary sztronk! we'll be fighting muslims together in our lifetime

Fucking lost one of my contact lenses. Wonky af only wearing one

Let's play lads

Silly Estonian. You don't eat paprika by itself. You put it in/on stews, soups, rice, pasta, stuffed cabbage and stuffed bell peppers, chips, meat, potatoes and I'm sure I've left out a few things, but you get the picture.

Btw, did you guys know we're literally the fattest country in Europe? Yes. Good cuisine has it's drawbacks. Apparently we somehow missed reading that part of our history, where our dishes were primarily designed to keep muscular adult men healthy who were working intense physical activity out in the Great Hungarian Plain, dealing with crops or handling livestock 24/7.
We also tend to forget that 99% of us don't do these things anymore, or might not be the correct gender either, so basically if we ate half as much as we did, we'd still be in very good health.

But saying this in Hungary is the most heinous sacrilage, enough to be called a filthy heretic. We worship food, and even the mere implication that you don't want to eat lunch is enough to trigger people to think there's something seriously wrong with you mentally. Vegetarianism? Hah. As if. In Hungary we eat meat with meat. Don't be a fucking pussy. Eat that gulyás/paprikás/pörkölt, it's good for you!