Literally the most useless character in Star Wars

Seriously what the fuck was the point of this character?

Starts off as a storm trooper that can't even execute civilians.

Too useless to even fly his way out of space and needs Poe to do it.

Gets clotheslined by Rey as soon as he lands.

Doesn't know parts of the ship to repair anything.

Gets fucked up by the space creature.

Tries to run away and only stays due to the arrival of the First Order.

Doesn't even get to kiss Rey after saving her.

Lastly, gets fucked up by Kylo and is left in a coma like a fuck boy.

How could they write such a weak character?

filling the diversity quota

Needed to bring the sassy.

>How could they write such a weak character?
To balance how kick-ass Rey is.

He's gay and black. What did you expect?

Thats not Rey

His one part with Poe is still him doing more than she does

This character shouldn't exist.
Trying to humanize the storm troopers is such a retarded move that not even Lucas would have done it.

>they could have just made Episode VII the adventures of Finn and Poe

His Rey beta gay friend.

Also the movie should have been about him and Poe.

>freaks out at his first battle as a storm trooper
>proceeds to enter an even worse battle without fear or remorse and kills without hesitation

>Hey John, we have this character, he was kidnapped as a baby, given a barcode for a name, & trained to be a killer his whole life by neo nazis. I want you to play him as a confused American teenager from 2016

What was JJ thinking?

he's a goody gumdrops because libtards forgot how to write a negro with personality

>Hey Mark, we have this character, he was kidnapped as a baby, given a power converter for a name, & trained to be a killer his whole life by Old Ben. I want you to play him as a confused American teenager from 1976

What was Lucas thinking?

>unnecessarily spinning your weapon to look "cool"
She would be disarmed in 2 seconds by any male, regardless of training.

You gave it a shot.

>thinking daisyfags know anything
>when they consider that impressive

tell that to George Lucas

he freaks out because his friend Slip just died the guy he would always protect or go back for in their squads training

Why would you put a janitor on the front lines of combat? Why are stormtroopers so poorly trained now? Did the movie ever say they had a shortage of soldiers or something? I remeber a reference to clones but that's it.

>presented as a child soldier raised by an evil cult who doesn't even have a name
>proceeds to act like a completely normal person, albeit in a slightly slapstick manner

What were they thinking? Boyega seems like a decent actor but the character is completely baffling.

Finally a diverse and vibrant galaxy, with strong and indipentent women! dont you love it user?

He's meant to be the everyman.

It's disappointing because there was a lot of potential in the character. They could have played on his divided loyalties, tensions on whether he could be trusted, his difficulty overcoming years of brutal indoctrination. Alternatively they could have gone the other way and made him more of a likeable everyman, plucky comic relief character who finds his courage and makes a contribution despite his mediocre abilities. Instead they tried to do both and failed miserably in both cases; the former due to that level of complexity being too hard to fit into an all-ages film, and the latter would probably be considered offensive.

This. There were too many contradictions about his character. They could have done something good but the lack of focus meant there was no interesting development. Same could be said about most of the characters desu.

Yeah I was disappointed too
He could've at least kissed the white girl

He's also not fit to be a trooper.

If he was a sanitation worker, why was he even down there on Jakku to begin with?

everybody is useless in star wars. It's pleb shit. Even the fucking jedi are retarded and incompetent.

i'm totally fine with him being a coward and punk in ep 7 as long as it was to establish a character arc later on

Kys racist fuck

T H I C C

He's the key to all this, he's a funnier character than we've ever had before

is this bait

>can't execute civilians
even some nazis couldnt bring themselves to help with the holocaust
>too useless to fly his way out and needs poe to do it
he wasn't trained as a pilot
>gets knocked around by rey
the dude is dehydrated and is being hunted by the first order, he's fucking scared + rey marysue training
>gets fucked by the space creature
the hentai beast almost killed everyone
>tries to run away
he just wants to live a quiet life
>doesnt even get to kiss rey
who cares
>gets fucked by kylo
dark jedi is trained by luke

If they'd just gone with the 'imperial space janitor/technician who's never seen the galaxy outside of the space station' angle it would have worked. The backstory as a stormtrooper was irrelevant because it was cast aside so easily.

>I can't kill anyone! This is wrong!
>Kills men he grew up with without a fucking thought.

white girl
>instantly loved by everyone
>competent at everything
>everything revolves around her

black guy
>trained killer from birth
>treated with suspicion by everyone
>made to drink out of an animals trough

Is this movie secretly Sup Forums?

Who gives a fuck, he gave us the best fight scene in the entire movie by wielding a lightsaber and getting BTFO from a fucking Stormtrooper.