Fantano has autism

So according to Fantano, the "Lil Pump" mixtape is as good as DAMN., by Kendrick Lamar, better than both Yeezus and My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, as good as Carrie And Lowell by Sufjan Stevens, and better than the Age Of Adz by Sufjan Stevens.

Can Fantano fans ever recover?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y6fAS_i3QrQ&index=12&list=PL24dOyGBNV965rvqE9Qvter9h0VQRMASO
twitter.com/AnonBabble

all those artists are fucking mediocre. Listen to more music.

Agreed. I found a really obscure band called "Radiohead". It's so much better than those garbage mainstream shits

who cares, man. Fantano is not the God of music and he doesn't claim to be.

Not even mediocre. Just plain awful.

>fantano rates white artist higher than classic albums by black artists

ezra was right
alt right piece of shit

Radiohead are much more mainstream than the artists listed in the OP, though.

hes a mexican supremacist

Yeah Needledrop is pretty shit sometimes. He often misses the mark, I think it comes down to his love of metal ha

How is that autistic? Is autism just a word that gets thrown around by little kids like fedora tipping?

Fucking mouthbreathers don't understand Lil Pumps avant-garde genius
youtube.com/watch?v=y6fAS_i3QrQ&index=12&list=PL24dOyGBNV965rvqE9Qvter9h0VQRMASO

walk into the thread and i flex like ouu

Fantano doesn't rate things on an actual scale. Fantano listens to something, says some buzzwords and then a number. He doesn't analyse anything and then he changes his mind by the year end list but never retcons his 'official' score'.
He's just a vlogger, don't take him seriously.

this

you contrarian fucks

WALK UP IN THE CLUB AND I FLEX LIKE OOOOUUU
WALK UP IN THE CLUB AND I FLEX LIKE OOOUUUU
PULL UP SWERVE UP IN THE COUPE
MAISON MARGIELA ALL ON MY SHOE
DIAMONDS ON MY WRIST AND THEY LOOK LIKE GLUUUUUEEEE
Name a more memorable song on any of the albums you listed

still havent realized that the only real critic that exist on the internet is named scaruffi

"You know this is just my opinion, right?"

Stop watching music critics.
Stop putting taste on a measuring line.
Stop shilling artists and albums.
Stop browsing this board.

Take the broom out of your ass my friend

how is sufjan bad you fucks

>sufjan stevens

Autism is serious everybody

>not knowing he gave it a 7 to stir up controversy

Pretty much this. He doesn't actually understand music whatsoever. There's never any real mention of song structure, music theory, or sound design. Its just his feelings with some meme criticisms to appeal to his autistic fanbase.

>what is personal taste
Woah it's almost like his ratings are subjective

>he doesn't claim to be

Arguably wrong

Now that you got that out of the way let's get into the not depending on other people's opinions part.

Woah it's almost as if Fantano himself and his dickriders always criticize the subjective and cultural aspect of p4k et al. Holy double standards, you faggot!

>So according to Fantano, the "Lil Pump" mixtape is as good as DAMN., by Kendrick Lamar, better than both Yeezus and My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, as good as Carrie And Lowell by Sufjan Stevens, and better than the Age Of Adz by Sufjan Stevens.
i don't see the issue here
besides AOA
the lil pump is tape has much more replay value and is actually funny.
mbdtf is a failure. he spent 3m on that crap

late as hell but what would you recommend to me as an actual good music reviewer on youtube?

Yeah, just like any other reviewer then.

Fantano determines a rating for an album based on where it stands in relation to its genre, to the potential of the artist on display in contrast with that genre compared to where he perceives the album is aimed after a listen. He doesn't speculate on the strength of music in a single overarching black and white realm in which one or two measures of complexity are the determining values.

>taking anything this hack has to say into consideration

stfu

Rap is bad, how has that genre gotten so big.
No wonder the insects in this country voted Trump, they don't have any brains.

Most rap is liberal therefore rap fans vote conservative

"You don't need to know musical theory to like music"
-Every person that learned musical theory ever

He also doesn't understand conceptual analysis so he has no grounds for criticism on any level.

Then dont listen to rap if you dont like it retard

There aren't any. Fantano is handy to be subscribed to if you want to know if a popular album has come out. I don't know of any worthwhile critics in any field right now.

Reflective analysis is better suited for the critique of music

Big difference between liking music and critiquing music, retard.

"the rating is just a show of my personal enjoyment of an album"

/thread

OK
Tell me why its so important for critiquing then, I'll wait

Pretty sure what he's actually saying is that DAMN is as bad as Lil Pump's mixtape.
Stop tripping like a little bitch.

How else are you going to objectively tell how complex the melody or chord progression in a song is? How else are you going to objectively tell if something unique is being done for the scale the song is in? Also you still failed to address the other two points in my first post anyways which I doubt you can because you're a retarded Fantano memer.

Implying that the value of music is derived from chord complexity or some premeditated linear progression.

Yeah but Lil Pump is not mediocre. He's trash.

I'm not saying lil pump is great, but the album really wasn't bad

OK well, fantano in the review said he does think Lil pump is painting himself into a corner on his song structure so that was obviously one of the weaknesses of the tape but at the beginning he also said he can enjoy the simplicity as well which you can't really be mad at, good music doesn't have to be complex

5/10 never forget
:(

Good music doesn't have to be complex but it's generally understood that music that any simpleton can understand isn't very good

>lack of substance
>lack of song structure
>redundant songs
>some tracks are too formulaic
>if it weren't for the beats we probably wouldn't be listening
>its good for dumbing out to
Oh my god, look at how much he praised it!

Not necessarily saying it is, but a lack of understanding how certain chords work together and what notes could also sound good in a melody makes for a bad critique of a song; especially coming from a guy who labels himself "the busiest music nerd."

I agree that good music doesn't always have to be complex, but I agree with as well.

you're an idiot
good music can be understood by anyone
repeats listens -> familiarity =~= the closest thing to an objective understanding of any piece of music