/slav/

write in ur own language, maybe add an english translation as well if your feeling extra autistsic

Privet vsem iz Severnoj Korei 2.0

нo пaпa, я нe жeлaю yчить мaтeмaтикy, я люблю лaтинoaмepикaнcкы тaнцы!

лaтинoaмepикaнcкиe*

мc бpaт

hrvat je brat

Бoлгapы иcпoльзyют киpиллицy?

>maybe add an english translation as well if your feeling extra autistsic
Koliko velika je měra mojego autizma, ako bųdų pisati medžuslovjanskim?

Hикaких тaнцeв! Я нe хoчy, чтoбы coceди дyмaли, чтo мoй cын - пидop.

V povsednevnoj žizni - da, v internete latinicu

They invented Cyrillic alphabet, it's a wonder that we still use it.

hrvat je za zaklat!

ne, saj ne, hrvat je za po hrbtu potrepljat...s pažnjo

This Why have a lot of slavic countries abandoned the Cyrillic alphabet? That alphabet suits the sounds of the languages much better than the english alphabet, which turns slav languages into a clusterfuck.

Same reason Scandinavians and the British don't use runes, despite suiting their languages better.
Influence.

we never abandoned it, m8, we just never used it. Early on, its spread was blocked by the German clergy who wanted to eradicate Slavic liturgy, but later it became a matter of culture and tradition. And no, there is absolutely nothing wrong with č, š, ž, and we never have trouble recognising or writing those letters. That's just a western pet peeve because you aren't used to the concept.

>нo пaпa, я нe жeлaю yчить мaтeмaтикy, я люблю лaтинoaмepикaнcкы тaнцы!
*лaтинoaмepикaнcкиe
*нe хoчy
Жeлaть - этo oчeнь литepaтypнoe cлoвo, в peчи peдкo иcпoльзyeтcя.

Я иcпoльзyю

I think Latin alphabet is more aesthetic than Cyrillic desu.
I like how C and Č, Z and Ž, S and Š, look similar. In Cyrillic it looks more illogical desu. Ц and Ч, З and Ж, C and Ш have nothing in common and in cursive it's even worse and more illogical.

Пpeзpeнный хoхeл.

>a b v g d e ë ʒ z i j k l m n o p r s t u f h ç c ʃ (sc) ' y J ɛ ᵫ ǝ
The only thing that makes Cyrillic better is the presence of letters for sibilants and soft consonants. If Latin alphabet users had a little bit of fantasy, they wouldn't have that problem as well.

I disagree, at least in handwriting. Cyrillic looks way better and is easier to write by hand.

This

>J
meant to be picrel

гдe вce?

home in my sofa

v kravatki u mamki u tvaey tbqh )))))

プリビェット

are you that hrvat diaspora?

こんばんは

Woah it's so good being a Slav. Remember that one time when slavs weren't dog shit push overs? Me neither.

Remember that slavic golden age? Me neither.

Remember when slavs were treated seriously? Me neither.

Not white enough to shill white power, not shitskin enough to have a horde of apologists dindunuffin you being a slav is a sick joke of life so shit this race is that even niggers are more desirable but literally no woman ever said ''I wish I had a slavic boyfriend''

ONLY Russia achieved something.

I don't know what that means, but I don't think so. I'm just a lonely autist posting pictures of beautiful women and strong men.

hrvat - croatian

こんばんは
北方領土返してください

Okay, no, I am ethnically norwegian.

you avatarfags have your containment thread in /norgetråden/, stop shitting up other generals

お前には要らないだろ。

Fuck off, I posted as an example

do you learn russian? why are you here?

>Remember when slavs were treated seriously?
I'm afraid no one's taking you seriously, so you're blaming your entire race to feel better.

>the english alphabet
howling

Poland is gay

I do, but it is just for fun so it is going slow. I just pop by some times when I have nothing to do, maybe there is a fun conversation, maybe not.

Couldnt agree more.

Nobody abandoned anything. Slavic countries that don't use Cyrillic alphabet today, never used it in the past as well. As for suitability, Latin is as "unsuitable" as Cyrillics. In Polish there are sounds that don't have corresponding characters in Cyrillic.
And btw, Latin suits Slavic languages better than it suits English or French.

ok

polish should use letters like š and č

i once tried to learn croatian in memrise so i could apply for croatian citizenship but then i got bored and stopped, I don't remember shit about it but there's still a phrase that's stuck in my head
>kijela je tamna plava
don't really know why

szczo mowisz szczczczszczcz

Yeah, Polish is not the best example of using Latin in a Slavic language. Slovak is better.

What were you planning on doing here?

>kijela je tamna plava
wat

Although I think that cedilla looks better:
Ş Ç

Reminder slavs are shitskins
>Barford cited Procopius as writing that the Slavs "are tall and especially strong, their skin is not very white, and their hair is neither blond nor black, but all have reddish hair.

not much, I just wanted an EU passport and I had Croatian heritage, but learning Croatian was too much of a hassle to get citizenship, because not only I would need to learn to speak it but also my grandfather would need to, and I wasn't going to ask my 80 something year old grandfather to learn Croatian just so I could get a passport. Also, at the time I was underage and my mom didn't want me to get Croatian citizenship because she was afraid "another war would break out and I would be called to fight". Besides, I don't really have a use for an EU passport right now, but if I ever wanted to I could just sue the Italian government and get an Italian passport.

Also, about that phrase, according to memrise it meant "the book is dark blue", which apparently is bullshit, since kijela doesn't mean book.

>I wasn't going to ask my 80 something year old grandfather to learn Croatian just so I could get a passport
That would be something.
It all reminds me of my own underage plans to go live somewhere else. The grass is always greener on the other side, and all that. They were mostly fantasies, though, but I also tried learning another foreign language, and eventually gave up as well.

>Knjiga je tamnoplava.
There you go.

An EU passport does open up a lot of possibilities. Still, suing the Italian government is kind of expensive, around 3000 euros at least iirc. I'm waiting to see if maybe Macron will change France's nationality law and I could get a French passport through my French side of the family. Or I could just go and live to Spain for 2 years and get citizenship that way. Still, I'm fine here for the time. No need to move away... Unless the previous government comes back.

>british education
I don't think any Slavic country abandonned the Cyryllic alphabet. Only countries which recieved Christianity from the Byzantine Empire used it; Cyryllic alphabet is based on Greek. Countries like Poland and Czechia recievied it from Rome, therefore we gained Latin alphabet (not: English)

Tiocfidh ar la. Ba mhaith liom ag gneas le do mathair.

>Cyrillic alphabet is based on Greek
how so? phonetically, Greek is different from slavic languages with their ч, ш, щ. some glyphs look similar, but others look similar to the latin script.

>how so?
What do you mean? The creators of Cyrillic just took the version of the Greek alphabet they knew, added a bunch of Gragolitic letters to it and applied it to write Slavic languages. It's not like it's a big secret or something.

>others look similar to the latin script
That's mostly because Peter the Great was a huge euroboo. He also supported the idea of abandoning useless letters inherited from Greeks such as Ѡ and Ѱ, for example.

>fi roman
>nu slav
ma simt bine sa fiu sincer

Ok. Cyril and Methodius changed ancient slavic alphabet, to translate Bible easier, and created something like this. It evolved a little through ages, but then Peter The Great made a reform and get rid of many symbols and add more latin. Then in 1918 comunists get rid of i and ѣ and now we have modern russian alphabet.

Cyril and Methodius didn't create Cyrillic you moron

m8, just move to spain, get a permanent visa for two years and bam you are spanish. Even Brazilians can do that lol, every latinamerican country + Phillipines and african ex-colonies can do that

It's created by his student Clement of Ohrid, who used his notes and studies, so basically it's created by them.