New feels thread, anyone?

New feels thread, anyone?

I'm currently sitting beside my 17 year old cat, who is dying as I watch her. She was perfectly healthy back in September, but over the past few months she's had a rather rapid spiral downward. She's been hanging in there but tonight she's so uncomfortable she can hardly move or even hold her head up. I'm hoping that she either falls asleep soon and doesn't wake up or that morning comes quickly so I can take her to the vet.

I've had this cat since I was 7 years old. She followed me out of the woods one day and wouldn't stop, and she's been my shadow since then. I hardly have any memories from before she was a part of my life. There were times when she was the only friend I had in the world. And now all I can do is sit and watch her wither away. I spent most of tonight crying, but now I'm just scared.

Pic related, it's her.

What kind of feels are the rest of you feeling tonight?

Get her put down OP. I know it's hard but the longer she lives she's probably suffering and you don't want that for your best bud. When the time is right get a new kitty

17 you say? MODS

I work in an animal shelter and deal with this every day

I'm feeling pretty sad.

Anyone have that video of the (I can't remember if he is) british dude who asks the animal what's wrong, and then the animal goes on to talk about how we're tiny little specs in this gigantic universe? I've been looking for this depressing but interesting video for a while now, and I can't find it.

word.

It's all good coz cats are cunts

>best friend has maybe 6 months to live
>probably less
>losing his dignity as i have to help clean up his poop

Yeah, that's the plan. I just have five more hours until the vet opens. I'm keeping her as comfortable as possible until then.

hang in there man, these experiences will shape you into a better person and an even better caretaker for your next cat. i know thats not the concept you want to be considering right now...but just be there man. itll be okay.

Sorry dude. I also have a 17 year old cat; she's been my buddy for so long. I dread the day when she starts getting unhealthy. I had a 13 year old cat who got sick and withered away before he died. It was rough. It's always hard to lose a pet, but I feel better about it when I put it in perspective. Your cat probably lived a longer and healthier life than most cats do. She had an owner who loved her and cared about her, which so many animals never get to have. You gave her a good life and she had a good run. Do what you have to do to help her die in comfort, and cherish your remaining time with her.

Sup Forumsro, your post moved me. I hope you and your cat do okay. I once found a kitten when I was in the 6th grade on the walk home from school and took her home, she was just a week or so old and all alone. I bottlefed the little fucker and shit. I was never attached to something more than this little fucking kitten. It's going to sound stupid, but I loved this little grey kitten like it was my own child.
>2 months go by
She's been weak, shitting wierd and not eating.
>take her to vet
>She's got kitty cancer, she's got 2 weeks to live says the vet
>one month goes by and she's barely hanging on, by now she's thin as fuck
>take her back and have her put down because i can't bear to see her like this anymore
>kitten gently falls asleep in my arms purring
>She gives out one last little yawn
>lays down
>eyes close
>purring stops
God fucking damn it dude I'm a miserable piece of shit

I'm so sorry to hear this OP. My 17-year old ginger cat passed away on New Year's Eve and she too had been battling illness for most of 2017.

Your cat knows how much you love her, and you've both been fortunate to care for each other for so long.

You will both know when the time is right for her to pass, and though it will hurt, I can tell you that her presence will still be felt in your home, and that as the grief passes, the love continues.

My thoughts are with you both.

It could be worse. My cat got ate by a coyote when it ran out the door when i was bringing groceries in the house. I looked for him all night and I found him half eaten when the sun came up. He was only 5 years old.

That's what I'm working on. It's just hard to cope with, you know? This cat probably knows me better than any human in the world, and soon she's going to be gone. I know I took good care of her but I wish I could have done more.

Man I'm sorry, I would be crushed to watch my cat go through that. Here is some random feels

I know. I cried and cried when I knew it was the end. It sucks to lose a best friend.

She was going to go eventually. I suppose it was better to let her go in such a peaceful way than to let the cancer take over and cause her so much pain. It sounds like she went happily.

Thanks, user. I appreciate your thoughts.

Garbage.

im sorry user. unconditional love is what we get from our animal companions.
also, most people are shit and everything dies.

fine here you go then

Your cats looking OK there, bro. Remember too that they know when their time is up and will try to preserve their own dignity in death. Don't be surprised if the cat goes to some unusual corner that's discreet. They have more self-respect than most humans.

All of these are old pictures. I don't want to take any pictures of her right now because I want to remember her as she was.

i love when the board glitches

This is my cat that we had to put down last summer. Hes mouth got some infection or something that made him unable to very much. He was a fat cat but when he got sick he just got more skinny by the day which broke my heart. We decided to put him down so he would not suffer anymore. I miss him so much

Why the fuck do I see family guy

unable to eat very much ****

>Why the fuck do I see family guy
You've lost your mind, bro. Sorry.

>All of these are old pictures. I don't want to take any pictures of her right now because I want to remember her as she was.
Fair enough. I feel your pain, bro. Have some kitties.

click it and it becomes the real pic. somewhere out there is athread that glitched as well and has the cat in the thumbnail but family guy in the full version. been awhile since i saw this but used to happen really frequently.

I'm sorry, bro. It really sucks. Cats get a bad rap for being cold creatures but they can be the absolute sweetest animals in the world. Your kitty looks like he lived a happy life with you in spite of his illness.

It's just a cat OP, Stop crying like a little girl

Fuck man, I am so sorry. I've been there before. I dug a grave in the garden for my cat I had for 18 years while my family took her to the vet to have her put down. We woke up one morning about a week before Christmas 5 years ago to her struggling to move after suffering a stroke.

One of the worst memories. I have a real soft spot for cats. I'm sorry again OP. Hold your kitty tight, and comfort her as much as possible in the coming hours.

:(

You're going straight to hell, user. May your death be by snu snu.

Yeah he did live a good life. We got him somewhere in 2001-2002 so when i was 4-5 years old. So he bascially was with me all my life

Ah shit mate. Went through exactly the same thing last year. Was middle of the night so I was waiting for the vet to open like you but she didn't make it. Am not really a cry-er and I bawled my fucking eyes out when she died. Tough times.

You guys gave these cats the best lives possible. Love, attention, protection and companionship. Losing a pet is like losing a family member. One of the roughest experiences. Just try to take solace in the fact that you gave them a good life and loved them as much as they loved you.

That's really awful. They're such sweet creatures, it hurts to see them suffer like that.

I've got my hairy baby under a blanket now and she's snuggled up close to me, about as comfortable as she can be.

Yeah, it doesn't matter whether you're a crier or not. My grandpa is a tough-as-nails type but he turned into a blubbering mess every time he had to put one of his animals down.

Bumping with another picture of my sweetheart.

Anyone else have pet stories?

Shit, I went through the same thing a couple weeks ago, man. Very similar scenario too.

I laid with him for about 40 hours straight after he took a severe turn for the worse. I thought he was going to die at any moment, and every time he started making these gasping noises I started sobbing. I don't think I've ever cried so hard in my life. I was hoping he'd die peacefully in his sleep, but eventually I couldn't take it anymore and took him to the vet to be put down. I still get emotional when I think about him.

I'm sorry you have to go through this, man.

I'm sorry to hear about this op, I had to put my dog down 3 weeks ago. she was 14 and one day out of the blue she was having a hard time breathing and walking so we knew it was time, my other dog whined for the rest of the night, I think she knew what we did.
RIP

My buddy....

My cat looks 99% the same as that one don't worry cats will live on just be happy you gave your cat a good life

Kek. Best comment in here

aww man, you fucking got me right in the feels, back in the end of 2012 i went back living at my mom's because my roommate couldn't pay her part of the rent anymore so we split
I had a room in the basement and they still had this silver chinchilla persian cat that was about to turn 18 y/o that i grew up with

Back when i was younger, the cat would never come close to me and would always be pretty distant but when i came back at my mom's, she would sleep with me every night by my side and it would go something like this
>cat jumps on bed
>instantly starts purring loudly
>would pet her until she laid down cause she would walk back and forth as i was petting her
>every night
Eventually, my fucking sister, brother and his gf would always come down smoking cigarettes in the basement when the garage was closer for them to go smoke to

told them a couple of times to fuck off elsewhere and that basically i don't want to fucking sleep in an area that smelled like cigarettes
They wouldn't fucking listen
Not long after that, the cat started feeling weird and being weaker as days would pass

I came back one night from working and my sister came to me to tell me that the cat died and i fucking gave her shit for fucking smoking in the basement and that it was in part their fucking faults that she died earlier than she should've

Fucking pieces of shit, i loved that cat

My ex gfs cat just passed away at like age 6 he had gotten really skinny and had a ton of white cells bit hardly any healthy ones. No aids or leukemia but he died a couple days later before they could figure anything else out. (two days ago) Hopefully your cat perks up later. But if not he had more than a decade over her poor cat.

She*

Why can't people just kill their own cats? A smack with a shovel is kinder than a trip to the vet

why don't we do the same thing with fucktards like you?

1. A smack with a shovel isn't a guaranteed death
2. That can cause some serious psychological damage in someone who's not as autistic as you are.
3. The animal is able to have a relatively peaceful death at the vet, given that they administer a dissociative drug before the final injection.

>smack with a shovel
Ever see that shovel dog gif? It's fucking terrible. I would consider it far from "kind".

lil pump

Fuck off.

ITT: Bunch of faggots

Actually what you see is their instinct to not get eaten while in bad health. They dont say oh im fine joe is here hell take care of anything while im helpless. Nah they go fuck this Im going to protect myself.

thats destructive thinking, you and yo cat found kindred souls and people who needed each other. Animals aint like bitch ass vindictive women, they there for you no matter the hardships.

Nice ad hom, buddy. Go you!

Ooooh look at the sweet tight little ass of those doubles, and the massive quadrupes. That's a sexy ass post. I'm going to run my cock to that get. Good job, user. With your tight little cock.

Boo hoo. My fluffy flea bag will soon be dead. Obviously I don't give a fuck about the farm yard full of animals that had to be slaughtered to feed it because I am a cunt

Lovely dub quads.
That said, I have to disagree. My cat that I grew up with all my early life, It had a big house with lots of safe spaces to live in and hide in. It had places in the garden it would go. When it was in it's final day or two of life aged 18, it went to a dark corner of the garden it never ever would go to. I'm convinced it was seeking privacy and dignity for its final moment. It had better places to go to not get eaten, if that's what it wanted.

I know what you're talking about. Don't have it though.

Feels bad man. I'm gonna go hug my cat for you OP

He's my best bud and I dread the day something will happen to him.

Im feeling with you op, i hope it doesnt hurt that much

>Obviously I don't give a fuck about the farm yard full of animals that had to be slaughtered to feed it because I am a cunt
We've bred cats and dogs to be part of the family unit, and we form deep bonds with them. It makes sense that people would consider them to be more valuable than a fucking farm animal.

Anyway, I didn't know fish existed in "farm yards".

when all is said and done OP, you let that pain in. Let it do what it is it has to do and dont hold onto it when its done. Stand firm Sup Forumsrother

Fuck off, man. Every one of my pets has died on the beach of a lake or ocean, and only was killed when they had settled down to the view they liked, and their eyes began to close. It has always been an instant, guaranteed death by my hand. I cried after every one of them, but you know what? They died happy, and with their human who loves them. They didn't die in a cold, unfamiliar place, after being injected with a needle.

had a cat older than me, died a few years back and i couldnt even bury her. its hard but it pass, find a new pet and it will go away. in time.

That being said..

OP, just make sure your cat is comfy and loved when it's euthanized. Let it die happy, always knowing how much you love it. I feel for you, brother

You were there for her OP, there isnt anything else in this tiny little world we live in that you could have done more.

To you, she was 17 years of your life.

To her, you were her entire life.

She will always love you, forever. No matter what.

what's wrong with your cat op?

Wow, you must be such an amazing person, user

I'd ask you how you killed them, but you're probably just making shit up anyway.

Just so you know, most vets will do housecalls

Guess I'll post the mistake I've made. Had two awesome cats that I took great care of and spent every day with for years and years even brought them with me across the us because of the military. And then one day my wife says she is leaving me and since I was no longer active duty the house had to be in her name so I had 30 days to vacate the house with all my belongings including my cats. In the end my cats came with me in my travels but I had to give them up at one point and it fucking sucked and I hate my self so much because of it. I haven't gotten a pet since life takes some shitty unexpected turns and I don't want to fuck over a animal again....I've never told anyone how much those sill fucks meant to me and I think about them all the time...

Stop being a sarcastic cunt. Your shitty reverse ad hominem attacks are a reflection of your own personality.

They died in the best way for their own species. Small animals, I've got a hand crossbow, and researched their anatomy to perform a quick death. Medium sized plus, gunshot, and again, researched anatomy to determine immediate death points.

Not everyone on the internet is a piece of shit, some have real feelings

Guess I've never heard of that. It's been about a decade since I've contacted a vet about euthanizing a pet, decided it was inhumane. Can't say I regret not contacting them though, my pets have died happy

>Your shitty reverse ad hominem attacks are a reflection of your own personality
If you say so

A fucking crossbow?? LOL. So, you shot them on various beaches with a crossbow? You must be a fantastic shot.

so gorgeous

Point blank isn't difficult. I have a hand crossbow, and the bolts are thick enough to instakill small animals. I wait until the animal, which is ready to die, has calmed itself and closed it's eyes, then I silence it. What is hard to understand about that?

I hope you use that crossbow on your self btw

Any reason? Or you just being a sourpuss?

Oh no, I'm not the guy that you were talking to.

I just think you should off yourself for being such an absolute edgelord.

Go take your ritalin aspie,

>what is hard to understand about that?
It just seems a little ridiculous.

Also, if the pet is so ill that you decide to kill them, trust me, they didn't die happy. Being at a vet was the least of my pets problems when they were put down.

You didn't know my pets. By the time they needed to be put down, I did so myself, and made them as happy as they could be at the time of death

Fuck off. Humanity towards animals isn't being an edgelord

What's hard to grasp is that you would end your pet's life. Most people can't bring themselves to do that. Who taught you that you should kill your pet's when they're suffering by your own hand?

Damn, right in the feels dude!

I'll be fucking devastated when my moggy dies. He went missing about a year ago and I thought he was gone, that was bad enough. Luckily after 10 days he rocked up at the door. He'd lost a lot of weight but was otherwise OK. Needs to go to the vets next week to have a tooth out though, poor guy!

No one taught me, but it makes sense to me that the pet that i love should die as happy and comfortable as it can. It's way more comfortable with me holding and petting it, than it is with a random man holding a needle. If you love the pet, you want it to be happy right? Through to the end

That I agree with but imo I think it's better to stay by your pet's side as they peacefully die with a needle injection

>You didn't know my pets
Unless you killed them while they were relatively healthy, being at a vet shouldn't be a huge deal for them when they're suffering to the point where you're considering euthanasia

>I made them as happy as they could be
Good for you, man. Not everyone can kill their fucking pets with a goddamn crossbow, you sanctimonious cunt.

So edgy

I was by their side. They didn't know they were going to die right then

I do it when I know they're not going to last much longer, and they are only going to start getting worse. You can tell when they're ready to start dying. I just like them to die happy with me. Hurts me to do it, but in the end I know it was the right thing to do

OP should love his cat. Im feeling for you

If you get her put down, stay in the room as it happens. It will be extremely depressing to watch, but at least your cat's last moments will be with you. Sorry about your cat, OP.

>Hurts me to do it, but in the end I know it was the right thing to do
There is no "right" thing to do; this is what you don't seem to understand.

This one is still kind of recent. Actually cried a little more thinking about this

>be me, have a rabbit named Sugar
>found him abandoned at a park with another rabbit (he died way sooner than sugar but it's up to you Sup Forumsros if you want to hear that story) when I was 11
>had to save them because in my neighborhood there was stray dogs everywhere, they wouldn't have lasted long
>ffs to last year, family and I start noticing he isn't very active lately, which is unusual because we have a garden and he loves to frolic around
>he isn't moving much at all, doesn't want to eat much and he breathes heavily
>fuck we need to take him to the vet.
>tell my parents we need to take him to a professional immediately but there was a complication
>my dad hasn't been working for almost a year now, hasn't found a suitable job to support our family
>we were living off my parents retirement funds and we couldn't afford to take him to the vet
>I start to resent my dad for not finding a job so we could help him.
>in the end, there was nothing we could do.
>for a few weeks he would sit there in his cage barely moving and clearly suffering and it fucking pained me I couldn't do anything
>I always tried to make time for him and pet him and talked to him, spoiled him a little by giving him some treats
>last few days were the worse, he completely stopped eating and only moved every now and then
>I knew this was going to be it soon, but I wanted to be there when he died
>didn't get my wish. One day I had to go to an extra credit college class that was all the way downtown and I kissed his forehead goodbye before I left
>as I was at the college campus with some friends, it sort of took my mind off it
>get a call from my mom, voice breaking constantly, "he's gone user, he died a few minutes ago"
Gonna cont

I know what you're going through and the pain is not going to get a lot easier or immediately but eventually you will find more ways to give out your love. There's a kitten somewhere being born waiting for you.

I don't want to get into detail but I definitely know the feeling.

She lived a very good life compared to a lot of the animals in the wild and in the world.

>Get her put down

why does every nigger apparently want to kill their pet? if i was dying, i wouldnt want some faggot to euthanize me and rob me of my last moments.

>if i was dying, i wouldnt want some faggot to euthanize me and rob me of my last moments
It's because you have more self-awareness than a house pet. It's far more humane than watching the animal suffer a horrible death--and trust me, you may think they'll just drift off peacefully in their sleep, but they rarely do.

my girlfriend/love of my life im in a long distance relationship with attempted suicide last night by taking 8 panadeine, said she threw them up before they digested. i was talking to her for hours keeping her mind on something and keeping her from sleeping. she says she's about to give up, i dont know what to fucking do

>it hit me so hard, but I was surrounded by people and I didn't want them to see me as a mess
>held myself together, people didn't notice anything wrong with me
>when I got home I wanted to at least see him one last time, but my dad already buried him in our yard.
>I didn't even have a chance to mourn his death right then and there because I had to finish up urgent school work and had to deal with more personal issues
>few months go by, I'm so caught up with being busy I become extremely stressed and depressed but one day I go through my camera roll
>and there he was.
>the picture of him, still alive and well.
>the one that's posted.
>after suppressing my feelings for so long I start to cry for about half an hour. I only now had the opportunity to mourn him.
>He was one of my first pets, although he was stubborn, liked to chew on just about anything, fought with my cat, he was still my pal.
>I miss him guys, hold your pets while you can, you never know when they might go

>you have more self-awareness than a house pet
what a kind person you must be to own animals and not even think they are self aware. then you kill them when they are sick. great guy

OP i know those feels It's best to share your last moments with your cat, and hey, maybe she might visit in the afterlife.