Wholesome thread? I’m feeling a bit sad

Wholesome thread? I’m feeling a bit sad.

I can start
>be me, 14 in high school
>be on school freshman camping trip
>meet this girl from another home room through friends
>think she’s pretty cute (sort of ance problem, didn’t care though, people grow out of that)
>Everything was a bit of a blur first night, but we ran off from the group laughing before the kerfew
>We were hanging out and she said she was really cold and started hugging me, not letting go
I can’t even remember if she kissed me that night, it was all just a nice blur.
>next day
>hang out at breakfast
>my friend threw a blanket over the two of us jokingly and she just grinned with this beautiful, stunning smile and kissed me quickly
>day passes and nothing happens much except a quick run to a nearby convenience store for red bull (we were both caffeine junkies, I liked energy drinks and she was more of a coffee girl)
>as the big event for the night approached (big bonfire by river) I grab a chair for her and me and my friends head down to the beach
>we meet up and she sits down in this little shitty chair that I brought, but she sat down, she didn’t care, she just wanted to sit with me
>we were doing this stupid lovey-dovey shit that if I were witnessing, I’d want to vomit
>talking about how we want to just run off and get high and say fuck it to everything
>she just stares into my eyes, giving me this warm, excited, hopeful smile.
>she kisses me and I was so happy, I’m a total loser shut in, only 1 girl has ever ‘kissed’ me but that was just a peck on the cheek, this.. this was a real kiss
>she didn’t want to say we were anything because she ‘doesn’t like labels’ but when we were down there she said “I think I really like you, user”

No bad ending, we just sort of drifted apart, we still talk about our struggles with depression and anxiety, and every once and a while we smoked some pot.

She was the first person that made me feel.. okay.

Sure, I can tell a story about how love actually worked out for me after two years and a couple awful, long breaks if anyone wants to actually hear my retarded tale of romance and almost suicide

First, there’s a few things you need to know. There’s this girl named Emily. She’s the focus of this story. She’s the girl who changed everything.

The second thing you need to know is that I’m a freshman in college right now. The third thing is that the first time Emily and I were together, I was a junior in high school.

The third thing is that my parents and family are grade-A assholes, and that’s why I was gonna an hero before anyone asks. I was kicked out a few times, Dad tried to kill himself in front of me, constant verbal/physical abuse and alcoholism. But that’s a story for another day, and one I really don’t wanna tell.

Anyway, I’ll start from the beginning.

It’s my junior year of high school. I had been single for around 2-3 years, after too many fucking experiences involving me being cheated on or treated like shit. Not many people can say two of their girlfriends have cheated on them with their “best friends”, but I can. So anyway, my best friend (let’s call him Elijah) has this girlfriend. They’re still together now, if anyone cares (it’s been three years for them). The girlfriend has a best friend she’s known for a long time. I’ve seen her before, but only in passing; I’ve never really stopped to look at her or bother getting to know her before this point. But one day, I walked into my school’s cafeteria and really, truly looked at her just for once.

Cont?

Sure yeah I'm bored.
Have some cake.

Write dat shit my guy let’s hear it

Anyway, like I said; I really looked at her. By no means is she conventionally beautiful, but yknow, she’s beautiful to me, all that gay shit. But seriously, this girl was fucking gorgeous in my eyes. I’ve never talked to a girl irl without knowing her with the intention of a relationship, but I felt something, and I knew I fuckin’ had to or I’d regret it. So I walk up to her, and I tell her she’s pretty. Her face turned visibly red, and even though I thought that was pretty god damn adorable, beta duck 16-year-old me me bailed out because I thought she was embarrassed because I was ugly or some shit. Long story short, I tell her friend I think she’s cute too because I didn’t want to give up, her friend thinks I’m cute too, she thinks I’m scary because I have a resting angry face, and she’s never had a boyfriend before. So I message her and we start talking, and I am amazed. Not only is she beautiful, she’s just like me. I always thought everyone I met irl would be a normie, but she was just as weird as me. She liked Pokémon, French metal, videos of people squeezing out blackheads, and spoken word music. The best part? She thought it was cool that I liked that too. She thought it was fucking amazing. So we start going out; every time we wanna see each other, we call up our friends who happened to be dating and we hang out because she was too shy to hang out with me alone. Everything was perfect. After about a month, though, I notice something is wrong. Something very wrong.

Cont? Sorry if bored

What was wrong is that she couldn’t talk. I don’t mean she had some medical issue, she was just really fucking shy. At first I thought it was a cute, shy thing, because she’d never had a boyfriend before. Granted, I thought it was a little weird..but I figured she’d grow out of it eventually. But a month turned into two months, which turned into 4, which turned into 6. By that point, we were arguing at least once a week. Over stupid shit, too, like liking a girl’s photo before I even knew her that I had previously told her I thought was ugly. However, you could tell that the argument wasn’t really about that. It was the fact that she still hadn’t spoken a single fucking word to me despite dating me for six months, nor had she kissed me or even held my hand. One day, our argument got really fucking bad and we decided to take a break for a few days. During that time, though, she kept pissing me off, and so I did something I still wish I hadn’t done to this very day: I kissed my ex girlfriend to make her mad. At first I instantly regretted it and didn’t want anyone else to find out. But you know how shit goes and how girls with their big fucking mouths are. The rumor had spread around the school like wildfire. She still hadn’t known, however, until the ex made a group chat with 15+ people, including Emily, and messaged it asking when I was gonna kiss her again. That’s when Emily lost all her trust in me. That’s when I thought it was really over for good. That’s what we got into the biggest fucking fight in our lives, and it’s the first time she’d ever spoken to me in person. But it’s also the time that she forgave me, and I realized this girl was the best fucking thing to ever happen to me and I couldn’t mess it up again. So over the next five months, we were together again. But obviously, it wasn’t the same. And I wasn’t sure it ever could be.

Cont? Sorry, typing on my phone, and I wanna make sure everyone’s still interested

Not bored, keep it up

o anyway, yeah. Long story short, I get fed up one day. Fed up with the lack of affection, fed up with no kissing, fed up with the fact that she still can’t talk, and I ask her if she even wants to be together anymore. She says no, and I’m fucking devastated, but I can’t say I was surprised. Months go by, and I meet a new girl. We’ll call her basic bitch. So basic bitch is a 6/10, she’s nice, and she’s a normie. I figured I’d never find anything good as Emily, so fuck it. I’ll settle, go to college, and play games the rest of my life with a girl I barely like. Basic bitch is super boring, but she’s nice to me. So we stay together. We stay together for 11 months. But around the 10th month, a guy I was best friends with around 6 months before this killed himself. I had never gone through anything like this, so I had no idea how to react. So I had started college, but I planned on killing myself. I had planned the exact date, October 20th. I was with a girl I didn’t love but was too pussy to break up with because she loved, one of my best friends killed himself, and I got kicked out of my house with no way to pay for college or get around. October 19th rolled around, and I’m ready.

Cont?

Let's hear it famalam

Type faster dammit

Sorry for taking so long. Shit came up

So I go to sleep on October 19th, wondering how I’m gonna do it. I decide the best way would be to drown myself in a river behind the college. So I go to sleep, and go to my first class of the day. Everything’s going fine, I’m not really paying attention. I’m still kicked out of my house and ready to die. I don’t know why I went to my classes, but I did. (Keep in mind I’d been talking to Emily on a friendly basis for a few weeks, and I was still with basic bitch at the time) So after my second class is over, I get a text from my friend zach. His girlfriend’s grandma is out for a week, so he wants me to stay there with him and his girlfriend that night for fun. I almost decline, but he mentions that Emily is going to be there and his girlfriend and him REALLY want me to go. I get suspicious and I’m kinda interested, so I think fuck it, I’ll kill myself tomorrow after I see what this is about. I end up going, we do typical shit, do a little drinking. We end up playing truth or dare (fucking gay, I know), and when it’s Emily’s turn to ask me, I say truth. She can’t tell me herself, but she whispers to her friend who asks me how I feel about her. I’m unable to say anything because I was a pussy, but eventually, Emily asks me to follow her into another room so we can talk privately about it because I was visibly flustered. This shocked the fuck out of me because her saying that was definitely out of her comfort zone. So we go into the grandma’s room and start talking.

>cont? Sorry if you guys left because I’m taking so long

Keep it up

i left but only for a second, keep it coming

Nothing is said for a few minutes, other than a few “soooo”s and a few “what’s up?”s. Eventually, though, I realize this may be my last chance at happiness. My grades are almost all failing, I was in a shitty relationship and homeless, and I was ready to kill myself for fuck’s sake. So I tell her the truth. I tell her I still like her, and tell her that I had been thinking about her a lot while I was with my current girlfriend, and I tell her my current girlfriend isn’t anything compared to how she made me feel so alive and wanted. (On a side note, I noticed Emily had gained the ability to actually talk to me now. Not only that, but she talked a lot, and seemed more confident) So she starts telling me things, too. She tells me she’s been in love with me from the moment we split. She tells me she had listened to sad music and thought of me nearly every day for two years. She told me she’d thought about what she wanted, and told me she realized she truly loved me and she was ready to do things like kiss and hold hands even though she’d never done anything like that before. Apparently she had been in love with me for nearly a year and a half while we were apart, and I thought she hated me the entire time. We both cried, and we didn’t sleep at all that night. We stayed up all night talking, we held each other’s hands and cuddled on the couch, and we just talked. It doesn’t seem like a lot, but for me at the time, it was more than I ever could’ve hoped for. But keep in mind I still wasn’t single, so I make plans to crush a girl’s heart who’d never done anything wrong to me by breaking up with her.

Cont?

Yes of course continue that isn't a question that needs to be asked

Ya don’t need to ask to continue each time, we’re all readin my dood

So after a few days of procrastinating, I break up with Basic Bitch. She begs me not to, says she loves me so much, bla bla. I couldn’t care any less, because I was getting back together with the girl of my dreams. But I acted nice, because I didn’t want her to bully Emily at school after she learned about us. I started dating Emily, and she was better than ever before. She talked to me a lot, she was super affectionate, and she called me on the phone all the time. She said she’d been improving herself for the last year and a half just in case I ever came back to her, and apparently, it worked really fucking well. We end up doing all kinds of shit like driving a state away to eat at red lobster (where I have her her first kiss), staying the night at her house while her parents are gone, and staying at our friend’s house together all the time. I end up fingering her and she gives me a handjob within the first few months, which was insane since she had never even kissed anyone before me and she’d never masturbated. The look on her face the first time I fingered her was fucking priceless. So anyway, we’ve been together about four months now, and I couldn’t be happier. This girl literally saved my life. She showed me that I have a reason to live, and made me WANT to live. I even helped her build a computer last week so we could play Overwatch and watch Netflix together, but she built most of it herself. And god damn am I proud of her. So as I go to sleep, Anons, remember this; don’t an hero. Please. It’ll work out eventually. You never know what life’s gonna throw at you, but sometimes, like with Emily, it’s a good thing. If she hadn’t come along, I would be dead right now, not going to sleep with a smile on my face recounting my story to people on Sup Forums. I will forever be thankful for that.

Goodnight, anons. Thanks for listening.

Glad to hear it all ended well and that she actually felt the same way. Thanks for sharing user

Good story man, glad to hear shit worked out

Somebody record this

Reminds me of a similar-ish story though I wish it turned out half as well as yours did.

>Be Junior in college
>Live in a small flat with a suite mate who just went through a rough breakup
>Since then he’s been seeing a new girl every few weeks
>Always includes them in everything and introduces me to them
>After the 4th girl I stop bothering to learn their names
>Fast forward a few months
>One of the ones that had rejected him for some reason was still hanging out with us
>Turns out she’s a transfer student and doesn’t have a lot of friends
>By this point we’ve hung out several times but I more or less ignored her
>She actually seems kinda chill so I start to feel bad and try to make more of an effort
>Ultimately end up bonding over a mutual interest Bojack Horseman (the Netflix show)
>Anytime the two of us hung out with a group, we’d always hang out and just talk
>Things move really slowly, with both of us being massive introverts, but after a while we start opening up to one another
>It becomes evident that she’s had problems with depression and copes with it by drinking and watching Netflix
>She’s has this cynical sense of humor that I can’t get enough of and is insanely smart but just doesn’t have her shit together and keeps failing classes as a result
>I try to help her as much as I can, having managed depression somewhat decently for several years
>In doing so find the motivation to improve myself
>Also just having a lot of fun chilling with her and talking about everything
>Start developing feelings for her which actually terrified me

Anyone interested?

Keep it up user

>20 and still haven’t been in a serious relationship before
>Get anxious about letting myself like her too much for fear of not just being rejected but fucking up our friendship by making things awkward
>Using every ounce of courage I had left, I set a plan in my mind to ask her out that weekend
>Just before I did so, my suite mate tells me she was starting to go out with one of our acquaintances
>Play it off with him like I’m happy for her but am devastated inside
>”Should I have done something sooner or does this mean it was just not meant to be?”
>I just want things to go back to the way they were but I can’t stop myself from thinking about her
>Keep hanging out with her while doing my best to suppress any feelings I have towards her
>Eventually I feel like I’m starting to move on
>Some time passes
>Now her relationship isn’t going quite as well
>She begins very lightly flirting with me, giving me long hugs when we’d see each other, held my hand while watching am movie, kinda innocent shit like that
>Again my thoughts torment me, overanalyzing everything again in an endless loop
>All of a sudden, the bomb drops
>Her boyfriend announced that he plans on leaving her after the school year
>But… they’re still together in the meanwhile?
>When I asked her about this, she seemed sad and confused about the whole thing
>At the same time she said she wanted to be loyal until the end, even if it wasn’t longterm
>That weekend though, we both walked home together after a party
>Both of us drunk as shit
>Head back to her room where we stayed up all night watching shit
>”user, you wanna just sleep here for the night?”

>I’m frozen
>Sheepishly agree
>Offers me a pair of her pajama pants to wear
>As I’m putting them on, I see her take off her shirt to change into a night shirt
>She looks back at me and notices me watching but gives this smile and keeps going
>Climbs into bed with me and then… rolls and her side and starts to pass out
>Confused as hell
>Try to put my arm around her to test the waters but she doesn’t seem to respond
>Drift off into sleep
>Wake up the next day, slightly hungover with a wine-stained shirt
>I check my phone to check the time and wake her up in the process
>She wakes up and we make shy smalltalk, not talking at all about what happened that night
>Grab breakfast at the school cafe before going off our separate ways
>Did… that mean anything or was it a mistake?
>From then on everything is normal again, neither of us are flirting like that anymore

>End of the year rolls around
>I decide that I can’t wait around for her (going to call her J from now on) anymore and need to move on
>Start getting close with a girl (G) in one of my classes
>Make plans to catch a movie that weekend, though it wasn’t clear if it was a date or not
>Either way it ends up in her room
>She leans in for a kiss while we’re on her bed talking
>Again still a virgin so no idea what the fuck I’m doing
>Starts taking her shirt off
>It’s on
>Had a bit of nerves going in but overall enjoyed myself enough
>She seemed to like it well enough so we became fwb, hitting each other up every few days
>Rumors start to circulate and people begin to find out what’s going down
>One day when I’m walking with her back to my suite, I catch J walking out of the building and we briefly exchange glances

>I see J eyeing me with an obviously forced smile
>Part of me is glad that I’m finally “moving on” but there’s still that other part that holds out hope
>Keep seeing G while J spends more time with her boyfriend
>Don’t end up talking to J for a few more weeks
>When we do, I can tell she has a lot on her mind
>She asks me about G and what the whole deal was
>Tell her that it’s just a casual fwb thing and I somehow mentioned that I hadn’t done anything like that before
>She replies “Well… I’ve sometimes wished I was somebody’s first”
>Maybe I’m reading too much into things but that line really stuck out to me
>We start hanging out again but otherwise nothing else changes... until the very last week of classes
>Have a bit of a party to celebrate the end of the year
>J and I end up hanging out till late at night again, drunk out of our minds

Anyone still reading? Sorry if this doesn’t make sense, i’m skipping over a shit ton of time to make the narrative make sense

I'm still here user

Yea keep going dude

Sorry for being so slow! Only one more post after this

>At this point she had officially broken up with her boyfriend
>Everyone else is gone so we watch a few Bojack episodes on the couch
>Start to cuddle a bit when her (ex as of yesterday) boyfriend walks in
>He looks a bit surprised and obviously wants to talk to her
>I make an awkward excuse to go to the bathroom
>Whole time thinking “fuck fuck fuck fuck what the fuck a I doing”
>Listen around the corner for a second to hear what’s going on
>She insists nothing was going on and he… kind of just accepts it and shrugs it off
>Wow he really doesn’t give a fuck
>This actually makes me feel shitty about the whole thing
>When I go home that night, I text her apologizing for making things weird
>She replies the next morning saying that it’s all good
>We end things off like that for a while as I move back home for the summer
>Still text but never have the chance to meet up since now’s now over an hour away
>After maybe a month or so we make plans to meet up again
>This time she’s super flirty
>Feels a bit sudden but I go with it
>Go out to the beach and have a nice time
>Later my old suite mate hits me up and we go to hang out
>They’d been living together for a while until the lease ran out on the place he was in, since she wanted to be in the area for a bit
>He tells me that she’s been on Tinder hooking up like mad

>As I talk to him, I slowly learn more about how she’s been spending the past month
>Apparently he’s been out backpacking and kayaking and she’s been home alone for days at a time
>Worse yet, she’s hardly gone out
>Obvious signs of depression
>Apparently she’d been using Tinder to feel less lonely
>I’m saddened to hear this but also a bit mad that she didn’t mention any of it to me, as selfish as that sounds
>Meet up again several weeks later
>Evidently she’s got a new boyfriend that she met on Tinder
>Everything feels stiff even compared to how they used to be
>Make awkward small talk the whole time and it just sort of stays that way
>Won’t really talk about him much but she says she’s really into their relationship
>Few weeks later decide to ask my suite mate if he’s met the guy
>Evidently he’s a former alcoholic and he hates the guy
>Suite mate and her don’t get along anymore and she evidently spend a lot of time with him

After our last encounter I want to say I’ve moved on but it’s never that easy. If she hadn’t given me such mixed signals it wouldn’t be so difficult. Obviously she liked me and I liked her but things just never worked out. To this day though I still doubt myself and don’t really have a sense of closure. Anyway thanks for listening I guess

Good story bro

Lol thanks for bearing with the 10 mins between updates. If you've got any stories feel free to share.

I'm sorry to say this, but it sounds like you got cucked by a fucking alcoholic on tinder as your pussy ass was too scared to contact her and take things further.

I know you probably wont see this but thanks a lot for sharing.

In some ways you're right but honestly after my first chance early on it was pretty much over. Honestly she just doesn't have her shit together and probably didn't even know what she wanted. It's not like I didn't try. Regardless I'll be fine at the end of the day.