Thoughts on Aphex Twin? Is he overrated?

Thoughts on Aphex Twin? Is he overrated?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bqft1nIf8Sg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yeah.
i dont like him he seems like a douche and his music iss all easily a 2/10 for me. ( in my opinion)
i like radiohead more honestly

Most of his music gets kinda long for me, I feel that way about most IDM desu, wish he has more stuff like Richard D. James.

WTH DUDE??! A Phex twin is not a "douche" he's a really cool guy, just listen to an interview with him, he's really thought making aswell, unlike ur dumb radio headwaters do you listen 2 creeper or something, you probably don't like dick deejame because it's electric but this is idm (INTELLIGENCE DANCE MUSIC) Edm (EDIOT DANCE MUSIC) okay fucker

all honesty though, just starting to get into him and really enjoying it so far

i do not enjoy the interviews and hes still a douche in my opinion. most interviews seem to be a 2/10 if not a 1/10 in my opinion.
and no radiohead better becasue guitars in best album okcomputer and guitars >>> electric in my opinion.
i bet you enjoy listening to justin bieber yes you do

85-92 is the definitive ambient techno record

Is this a JoJo reference?

no I do not like listening to Justin beiber okay

all aphe xtwins fans enjoy justin bievber and one direction becasuse only douches would want to listen to other douches in my opinion

I personally think so. But I got into lots of other ambient techno artists before I checked him out so that niche was already pretty satisfied from my perspective.

I'm not a big fan of his works but he's definitely not overrated. He was incredibly early when it came to electronical music production and his sounds/way of making tunes were groundbreaking. And the best is his music is still legit as fuck today. 85-92 is a great album even though the genre is not my alley. My favorite numbers of his is Bbydhyonchord and Alberto Balsam.

youtube.com/watch?v=bqft1nIf8Sg

did you know he said he had made a whole album of tracks with drums like bbydhyonchord that he will never release to the public

Aphex Twin persona is more interesting than Aphex Twin musician for me.

yeah, he a talentless shit

I listened only to Squarepusher and Venetian Snares, will I like this guy's albums?

Fuck off

A bit, and I say this as someone who spent months literally only listening to him when I first got into his music. Being overrated doesn't mean he isn't bloody brilliant though.

Overrated for sure, but still one of my favourites. SAW 85-92 is one of the comfiest albums of all time desu.

Autechre is better.

check out:
mu-ziq
shitmat
early amon tobin
nero's day at disneyland

He's in a weird space where he's overrated but still one of the best in that style of music

SAW's I and II will always be two of my favourite albums. They're both so beautiful in their own ways, but t-b-h I'm not too fussed on the rest of his music. It's not bad or anything, but "IDM" ain't really for me.

both suck but aphex twin sucks less

drukqs is a personal 10/10, so I think he's pretty goddamn good

I'm a fan of him, but yes, he is pretty overrated, at least in the IDM community anyway.

Radiohead's interviews are autistic as fuck. Either you're a troll or an idiot, Thom Yorke acts like a total douche

>Is he overrated?
He's pretty much the textbook definition of overrated at this point. He's mostly enjoyed by people who don't listen to electronic music at all, or clearly not a lot.

bumpppp

i dont really care if he would be overrated or not no matter on what scale.

he's surely one of the if not the most influential.
he's significantly inspired radiohead, squarepusher, skrillex, deadmau5, the flashbulb, autechre, boards of canada, every small time IDM artist ever, flying lotus, venetian snares and the list goes on.

this is for a fact.

underrated

also of course luke vibert/wagon christ, mike paradinas/mu-ziq/planet mu, bjork

fuck off with the imputations

i like hih when he was the tuss, his later stuff was a hit & miss afterwards

now monolake, gescom & beaumont hannat i can get into

thanks

oh im sorry did i trigger you?
oh well at least i gave you a reason to act mad and grumpy again

its not fair right? aphex twin getting all this attention oh it just makes me SO MAD

anyways good luck with your opinions

much love and respect

t. reddit

is this the TTC?

a little.

I'd say he's one of the few pioneers in music who truly did something new and original. But that's about to the max it goes. It isn't anything to lose your shit over.

stop being british. or pretending to be one. or whatever

t. angry numale

In my opinion, he's fuckin great. Hands down my favorite artist of all time. The feelings he can convey in his music are nothing short of genius. Check out #3 (Rhubarb) from SAW II, he's definitely a bit of an acquired taste, especially some of his weirder acid stuff. But nothing compares to Aphex in my opinion.

pleb

Stop getting knocked out the world cup in the qualifiers. FAGNERD.

>FAGNERD.

I'm chilean and this makes me sad fuck you

>stop being British
badass.jpg

lol

>being british
embarrassing.png

He's better than all of ((((((((((((((EDM))))))))))))))) ((((((((((((((((musicians))))))))))))))))))))

>being american and getting knocked out in the qualifiers
embarassing.jpg

inb4 "we don't care anyway!" you would say that, you're crap

>being an orange psychopath worshipper
embrassing.jpg

not american, not a native english speaker either. brits are still embarrassing

Then you're irrelevant and nothing you say matters, Johnny Foreigner. Foreigners are still leeches and we probably conquered you years ago.

what the fuck am I reading

my first reaction pic... until I found out its a fucking album cover