Looking for some advice anons. I'm a little older (30) and have a high school education...

Looking for some advice anons. I'm a little older (30) and have a high school education. I never was interested in college because the colleges around me suck and could make more money in a trade. I'm looking to advance in my career but I need a college degree. I want to pursue my business degree. Any advice on how to achieve this as fast as possible?

Also, Alice Eve tits.

Other urls found in this thread:

ufcw.org/college/
geteducated.com/cutting-online-university-cost/145-online-life-experience-degree
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Going old school with a Stacy Keibler bump.

Another self-bump

not much time here so i'll be brief...

look for accredited online programs from reputable colleges or try finding a program designed for older people who are working

Avoid anything that feels gimmicky or too easy, it won't be worth shit

You mentioned you are in a trade, are you in a union?if so check out their options for management/continued training. If you aren't a member look in to becoming one, even if you aren't a fan of unions

good luck man

Online programs will be the fastest route. Also depending on what you have done in the last 10 years or so some schools will offer credits for life experience if you can prove it out

Solid advice user. Thank you. I'm not in a union.

I've looked at a few programs designed for working adults but most cost a metric shit-ton. Maybe I just haven't found the right one.

Also, another bump with Kate Beckinsale tits.

That I haven't seen. I've worked 12 years at the same company. Since graduation. I've moved up as far as I can go and now I want to go further. I need a degree for that.

Just as an example, I’m a union rep for UFCW (mostly retail grocery workers). And one of our member benefits is that you can get a free online associates degree from an accredited community college.

32 year old fag here. I’m in PA and college education here basically means $750+ a month in student loans making $50,000 a year. Learn a trade. The welders around here START at $35 an hour.

Ufcw member here... ive never heard of this.. link?

I'm currently making around $30 per hour plus bonus at the end of the year. It's not a bad living and I'm able to provide for my family. But I just want to do more, make more money, and advance. Doing the same thing for 12 years gets kind of old.

The welders in my area get paid extremely well, too. However, they get union fees taken out of their pay and their rate is supposedly very high. All we have is phosphate mines where I'm at.

ufcw.org/college/

Here you go. If you have more questions about it, 100% call your local rep and they can help answer any more questions. This is a benefit that more and more of our membership needs to take advantage of.

In solidarity brother/sister.

Here's a link to an article about life experience for college credits. This may be worth more than you think

geteducated.com/cutting-online-university-cost/145-online-life-experience-degree

MBA. many universities can take in the consideration if you have work experience of managing your own (or someone else's) business for 5 or more than 10 years. 10+ managing own business and you get direct admission in MBA even with highschool drop-out. all you need to do is pay their fees.

Any good online education is going to cost at least 400 per credit hour. Penn state has a good program.

Online and local colleges.
Also talk to local community college as there are tons of grants for tuition for people exactly line you looking to boost careers.

I was able to take classes in six sigma, and project management for cost of books only.

If they say you need a degree after working for the company for 12 years that's fucked. If they think you could do it they would not tell you shit like that

That would be ideal. I've been in service/sales since I graduated. A good 8-10 years of my time, it's been in a management position. If I could fast track this with experience on the job, that would fit extremely well.

I'll look in to Penn State. Thank you user.

Most good busi jobs are offered to students who do really well.. and usually go to a college corresponding to their tactics: it'll be hard not to have a mediocre life with a degree from UUGTW, GO MS PAPERCLIPPERS!

I did! Baltimore bitch.
I remedy drinking with her in the Green Turtle in Fells Point during high school years.

I'm currently the sales manager. I'm wanting to move up/over into the book keeping side of it. I'm wanting to work my way up to the CFO. I'm pretty sure I can achieve it in a few years. It's not that the degree is "mandatory", it's just a VERY large plus. And if it doesn't work out here at this company, I can get a better starting position with an MBA at another company.

I had to watch that 3 times to figure out there was a person under there. Thought I was getting the goat...

I know where you are coming from but I would not spend money to advance at my current job.

This "promotion" would come with a significant pay bump. Would also grant me other opportunities at other companies should I choose to leave where I'm currently at. At least, that's how I'm looking at it. If I can get my MBA at relatively low cost, then I'll have a net gain. Better pay, better options, only being out minimal money.

>CFO
MBA-Finance
Maybe also get PMP after that

Not a bad idea actually. I've already done project management for this long, wouldn't hurt to get it. That's just another credential.

Not really a quick way to get a real degree, but if you're interested in management, look into trending certifications and skillsets.

Six Sigma, TQM, Scrum, etc. are all highly desired. Polish/bullshit your work experience to align with the company's expectations and demands. Biggest thing is to fake it until you make it. I'm the same age as you and have a bachelors in business, and I still have no clue what I'm doing most of the time. If you can communicate effectively, that's a HUGE plus.

GL bro.