Just watched Groundhog Day for the first time and the weather outside of my apartment was perfect for the viewing...

Just watched Groundhog Day for the first time and the weather outside of my apartment was perfect for the viewing experience and I am currently in maximum comfy mode.

I want to prolongate that feeling so please recommend something similar anons.
Not similar in terms of time travel but the vibe/feel of the movie.

Comfy thread I guess

Rom com, but maybe sleepless in seattle? Its very comfy

Some of the Farrelly Brothers movies are pretty comfy. Usually ends with guy gettin the gal too

>catched

The first viewing of Groundhog Day is a singular experience.

Rejoice, for you shall never feel such comfort again.

Doesn't have to be a rom com, just a similar atmosphere throughout.
I would define it something like "under the blanket comfy"

Thanks for the reccs so far

>catched

Big with tom hanks is exactly what you're looking for, OP

Still havent seen this. I really like Bill Murray but I could not get into Ghostbusters. I feel like i like 1996 to current Bill Murray more than anything hes done before that. Caddyshack being an exception.

I'm still convinced that I've yet to see every scene in this movie. Bits and pieces so many times.

I've been watching through Fawlty Towers recently and that show is pretty comfy

Why, do you get up and leave halfway through?

Groundhog Day

if OP is not gonna ask for it, I am

what are other pieces of media that do this repeat-day thing? TV shows count too, both X-Files and Supernatural have an episode like this

Xena had an episode like that.

Just watched Groundhog Day for the first time and the weather outside of my apartment was perfect for the viewing experience and I am currently in maximum comfy mode.

Comfy thread I guess

Run Lola Run

That's also the plot of Edge of Tomorrow, the Tom Cruise/Emily Blunt sci-fi.

I like Edge of Tomorrow way more than Groundhog Day

How long was he in the timeloop, Sup Forums?

I haven't seen Source Code, but I believe it does.
If you want a impossible to follow time travel movie where stuff repeats, watch Primer

Some of the Farrelly Brothers movies are pretty comfy. Usually ends with guy gettin the gal too

Comfy thread I guess

(OP)

Blade runner, the 9th gate, the matrix, horsemen. Horsemen and 9th gate were decent thrillers but super awesome atmosphere. Also Gladiator or a random star wars movie is my go to for comfort

(OP)

Yup Source Code counts as well

It is technically a repeat of the same day where the protagonist learns the ins and outs of the world around him, although that world is a simulation, but it does fulfill all the tropes

You should watch Rushmore. Murray movies only get more comfy as he gets older.

O' brother where art though has great atmosphere too

CORRECT ANSWER

god i remember watching that with my family on chrismas vacation on a VHS in the 90's.... so so comfy

I'd second this OP. Its a holiday movie, but its comfy as fuck. They all are basically, if anything Id probably recommend Vegas vacation if you havent seen it.

Or.
Inherent Vice, Big Lebowski, Breakfast Club, Adventureland, is another big one id suggest. I just watched that for the first time the other day and it was better than expected, very comfy and even got me into Velvet Underground.

Recently saw this for the first time, Good choice.
Sin city 1 feels pretty comfy, and godzilla with Mathew Broderick even though it was pretty meh overall

I'll try to think of some more

The movie "Triangle" as well, I guess

>I want to prolongate that feeling
You mean you want to prolong the that feeling
You want to have the feeling prolongated.

Napoleon Dynamite is maximum comf

CORRECT ANSWER

god i remember watching that with my family on chrismas vacation on a VHS in the 90's.... so so comfy

if OP is not gonna ask for it, I am

what are other pieces of media that do this repeat-day thing? TV shows count too, both X-Files and Supernatural have an episode like this

Edge of Tomorrow senpai

>catched

Early Edition, tv show. Sort of the same concept. Guy gets the newspaper a day early.

I remember watching that show a lot when I was a kid, the guy had a dog IIRC

Yep!

Underrated

Anime's pretty full of them.

Comfy thread I guess

>catched

triangle
source code
edge of tomorrow
and theres is one buffy episode

Doesn't have to be a rom com, just a similar atmosphere throughout.
I would define it something like "under the blanket comfy"

Thanks for the reccs so far

Still havent seen this. I really like Bill Murray but I could not get into Ghostbusters. I feel like i like 1996 to current Bill Murray more than anything hes done before that. Caddyshack being an exception.

Comfy thread I guess

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

haHAHAhahaHA so funny le ebin and QUIRKY I get it, because bill murray groundhog day repats the same day everytime he wakes and you post this thread everytime you wake because youre a fat fucking reddit cunt who think this type fo this is funny, eh? I bet you just snicker whenever the first post is ">catched" or "Edge of Tomorrow" don't ya, redditor? but the real best part is when some fucking tourist fag comes here and believes you're actually here for recommendations. thats when you truly start to giggle like a complete fucking faggot baby, huh? fuck off for good kiddo. never come back.

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>haHAHAhahaHA so funny le ebin and QUIRKY I get it, because bill murray groundhog day repats the same day everytime he wakes and you post this thread everytime you wake because youre a fat fucking reddit cunt who think this type fo this is funny, eh? I bet you just snicker whenever the first post is ">catched" or "Edge of Tomorrow" don't ya, redditor? but the real best part is when some fucking tourist fag comes here and believes you're actually here for recommendations. thats when you truly start to giggle like a complete fucking faggot baby, huh? fuck off for good kiddo. never come back.