Just the other day at my university I was telling this qt girl how into jazz I am and about how Ringo Starr is the...

Just the other day at my university I was telling this qt girl how into jazz I am and about how Ringo Starr is the greatest jazz drummer ever. Then this faggot music major who thinks he's cool because he knows about scales and chords butted in and tried to tell me that Ringo wasn't that good of a drummer and then he said he didn't even play jazz! So fucking typical.

But luckily I just put my fingers in my ears and started screaming
>ITS BAD BECAUSE ITS NOT COMPLEX
over and over again in a retard voice until the autistic complexist got scared and left, probably to go change his major.

Needless to say the qt was pretty impressed so we went back to my place and had consensual sex.

>consensual sex
Retard voice works every time.

Good job user

Why the fuck there isn't a jazz general in this board?

This board is dead. Leave and move on, it's for your own good.

there's less than 10 people on this board who seriously listen to jazz

there were last month
and there's a lot of anons who are into it
it so happens they're not always here for some mystical reasons

That's a pitty. I really want to get into jazz but I don't know where to start.

The jazz general used to be filled with complexists who thought that complexity = good music and actually wanted to discuss things like notes, time signatures, and chords. Can you imagine?

Luckily we chased those faggots away and now we're free to have REAL discussion, which is just saying that you either like or dislike something.

A-user... I feel some sarcasm in your post.

Nope. Only REAL discussion is allowed here on Sup Forums. If you really think trying to discuss music at a deeper level than "good" or "bad" is worthwhile then you might as well just fuck off to talking about technical metal on reddit.

I prefer to use thee terms "overrated" and "underrated" for when I like or dislike something.

you are like a little baby

i don't even listen to music anymore. i usually just look at the cover art and the artist's fanbase and if they're not good i just say the album has no emotion

You mean, like... it's "dishonest" music?

If I go to a concert for a band I like, and I see people moving around at all or singing along... I immediately leave the show and destroy/delete all of their music and go to Sup Forums to make a thread about how shitty they are.

Exactly. Only plebs still listen to music.

I saw a guy wearing a band shirt the other day, and I immediately knew that he didn't actually like the band because of how he wore his hair and stuff. I told him straight to the back of his head from far away that he was a fucking tourist.

Emotionally Dishonest music is the worst and is only for nu-male hipster cucks
All music is overrated and /reddit/
Please upvote

sent

Well, there are some charts that jazzthreadguy left, and they're floating around. I might have it on my phone rn.

They helped me get into jazz by giving me an overview of the different subgenres of jazz, which I then explored on my own, in whichever order I preferred. Since I was into no-wave/noise-rock/hardcore-punk at the time, I really dug free-jazz (and I didn't like bebop). After about a year, I started to crave structure more, but I wanted a similar intensity, so I got into post-bop. Of course, there was modal jazz which felt nice to listen to. All the while, I felt obligated to check out the beginnings of jazz, so of course I listened to Charlie Parker, Dizzy Gillespie and Duke Ellington out of curiosity. Although, I didn't really come to appreciate them until I tried learning how to solo, with the help of a local teacher I found and paid out my own pocket, as well as a small jazz class at a community college I went to at the time.

Learning how to play was one of the biggest factors in helping me get into jazz. Of course, seeing it live and meeting people who played it regularly was also huge, but learning the mechanics of it made it so much clearer.

Anyway man here's a sort of low quality pic of the chart I found on google. Hope it helps.

here's a more recent chart by jtg. that dude really did a lot for the jazz threads.

here's another

JTG is the king of the complexists and everything he likes is automatically bad

okay user, if you say so.

i really don't care for this argument. complex jazz and simple jazz are both enjoyable. and who cares if someone thinks one is better than the other? It's just their opinion which doesn't actually have any value. get off the internet once in a while, why don't you?

>complex jazz is enjoyable

holy shit kys yourself you complexist faggot

Alright, rolling.

Cool story bro.

I'VE GOT BLISTERS ON MY FINGERS

what shit photos
the resolution is so bad you can't read jack shit