why.

Is Fantano fucking braindead?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLP4CSgl7K7oo93I49tQa0TLB8qY3u7xuO
youtube.com/watch?v=3IUTUKDB80o
youtube.com/watch?v=6Prfg3vyZkA
youtube.com/watch?v=lG2dXobAXLI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Can't articulate an argumentative response to Fantano's review therefore gives Fantano braindead/10

>can't articulate an argumentative response to an album therefore gives album NOT GOOD/10

nice monkee

only an alt right devotee could award a score that low

>Thinking a review should be an "argumentative response"

Why do you care so much about what he thinks? Stop sucking his dick if you don't like the taste.

well he is alt-right

Maybe rap just isn't your thing, dog

>Is Fantano fucking braindead?
Apparently. How is it not a fucking 10?

Why are rappers using cartoon versions of themselves on covers now. Is it like with youtubers to appeal to the 10-14 year old demographic ?

The real embarrassing thing is how his cartoon avatar is pouting.

>gives yung lean a non review
>gives bones shitty reviews
>gives lil peep a NOT GOOD
>gives this piece of shit a 7

he gave Bones a 7 earlier

Lil Peep is way worse than Lil Pump

This is the extent of Sup Forums's hip hop taste.

I always mostly disagreed with his opinions, and that's ok for me i don't necessarily will insult anyone who has different perspectives in music.

But... what the fuck is he stupid or what?

Trying to win over the hip hop community who always dispised him for giving albums bad reviews but now have justification to do it openly after the hitpiece

daily reminder that fandango thinks this is 5 points better than narkopop

he is right, you know

>bald
>works out a lot
>vegan
now it all makes sense
won't surprise me if screwdriver is amongst most precious gems of his music collection

GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG GUCCI GANG

Fantano rates hip-hop more often (and higher than) any other genre.

not true

look at his "I LOVE THESE" playlist where all his 8+ albums are

majority of it is white artists

stop talking out your ass

Yeah, this. I sometimes got annoyed by how much attention he usually gives to hip-hop albums compared to other genres, and this was way the fuck before the whole Ezra Marcus shitshow.

I spent this summer adding any album he rates highly onto my iTunes playlist, before even trying them out myself, and over a third of it is hip-hop.

Maybe historically, but that hasn't been the case for this year. They're of different genres but Chaz Bundick, Brockhampton, Algiers, Wiley, Ibibio Sound Machine, and Tyler the Creator popped onto my iTunes library for the first time ever this year. I didn't even enjoy some of these albums but there's a noticeable spike for me personally.

Maybe I'm just a closet alt-right Neo-Nazi genocidal racist who hates minorities.

What are you even trying to say?

>that hasn't been the case for this year

except it has. again, look at his playlist the last few months. mostly white.

Nazis have historically been vegan.

Prove me wrong with several years of exhaustive peer-reviewed academic research. I'll revisit this thread in a few years.

I don't understand where you're getting your numbers from. I'm not even saying that you're wrong, but numerically speaking there was a huge spike in the number of Black musicians in my iTunes library because of what I did this summer.

It's possible that in terms of raw quantity he's reviewed more White artists and given more 7+ reviews to them, but the literal percentage that I added is higher. I don't know where you're getting your numbers from unless you clarify which albums you're talking about and what their scores were, because it sounds like you're just looking at the color of his flannel in the thumbnails and just fucking with me.

If you're just fucking with me, you're doing a pretty good job. Either way, I'm not even trying to prove you wrong. Just trying to figure out where you're getting your numbers from because I'm not going to go through every one of his reviews

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLP4CSgl7K7oo93I49tQa0TLB8qY3u7xuO

Three of the ones from the last month alone are Black. I don't think any ethnicity has an obligation to be represented more than any other, especially since he mostly reviews music from predominantly English-speaking countries with majority White populations.

Again, you're doing a good job fucking with me.

>Here's my opinion on this album
>I don't like your opinion
>Why?
>Shut up

>but numerically speaking there was a huge spike in the number of Black musicians in my iTunes library because of what I did this summer.
how the fuck is that anthony's fault dumbass??
nobody forced u to add black artists.
again majority of his highest ratings are from WHITE ARTST
he gave fjm and sun kil moon both 9's

You're saying I'm a dumbass for adding Black musicians that Anthony recommended? I really don't understand what the hell you're trying to say except that you're cherry-picking numbers and dismissing the actual effect that his reviews had on me.

You have to be fucking with me at this point. Pretty good. I was falling for it too.

Today I learned 'white' is a genre of music.

>bones
>yung lean
>Lil peep
Sadboi faggot alert
Cut your wrists somewhere else queer, you ain't a chad unless ur wrist looks like glue

yall realize that he fuckin rates albums based on the artists himself and not on a general /10 score, so comparing scores is the most braindead thing you can do

OP here.
First off, I wasn't comparing the score to anything. I'm just saying that this piece of shit mixtape does NOT deserve a fucking 7. I really don't like Lil Pump, but I still think he can make something better than that.
>he fuckin rates albums based on the artist himself
That's stupid. Then even the shittiest of musicians could get high scorings, because "they did their best".

>I don't think any ethnicity has an obligation to be represented more than any other, especially since he mostly reviews music from predominantly English-speaking countries with majority White populations.

I don't think Anthony thinks that either, he reviews what he wants to and also to a certain extent what people request him to of course.

I'm not sure what you're getting at, should Fantano self-impose a restriction on himself to only review a certain amount of black artists relative to their population in the country? because that makes no fucking sense

white isn't a genre but neither is black

are you incapable of having fun?

No, he should clearly represent minorities disproportionately higher. Think about it.

this comment makes sense like an asshole right here

Black metal is a genre

The problem is you can't make an argument against the claim that fantano reviews hip-hop more highly and more often by citing the white artists he reviews. Miley Cyrus is pop, Foo Fighters are rock, Sufjan Stevens is folk, marylin manson is goth. Fantano reviews more hiphop than nearly all of those genres combined. This is not a black and white issue.

Side bar, but I always find it hilarious whenever anyone claims an old White guy is racist just because he's not a fan of hip-hop. I've known plenty of old White guys who love classic jazz but don't enjoy hip-hop because it's new and "edgy," not because of the color of the rappers' skin.

Doesn't mean that there aren't a bunch of racist guys who also hate hip-hop, but the two aren't the same thing at all.

Yeah. I fucking love hip-hop. And so does Fantano, clearly. It's more relevant than it ever has been. It's all over pop and underground charts. Not only does Fantano have every right to review what he enjoys, it makes sense for his business.

This is what I'm confronting by the way.

>Trying to win over the hip hop community who always dispised him for giving albums bad reviews but now have justification to do it openly after the hitpiece

fantano made good points on his review. Try to refute them otherwise stop crying. In the end it does not even matter, it is just his opinion anyways.

i love eminem i will eat hi yum yum
youtube.com/watch?v=3IUTUKDB80o

HE LITERALLY SAID THAT LIL PUMP'S MUSIC MADE HIS IQ DROP

YES

HE IS BRAINDEAD

SELF-ADMITTEDLY BRAINDEAD

Pump yelling nonsense lyrics made up on the spot over "banger" beats cant objectively be higher than 5/10 right? Its so rushed and noone will play this mixtape even 2years from now

And I enjoy some of it but 7/10? Nah

if you're calling a headache fun, then yes.
this.

should it be below or more than a 10?
because I hope it is below, since all this internet negro rap bullshit deserves so much more hate

The artist is latino and calling his work rap would be stretching it real far
Why do you even go to threads about things that you don't know shit about?

this
When will he be stopped?

it's all shitty memerap and you know it

I will not try to dispute your claim. It's true. Are you trying to tell me that there's something wrong with memerap? Should all music be serious?

it's wrong that is the only relevant music in 2017

How long do you think that the average lifespan of a meme is?

too much

i mean you are telling me this piece of crap really deserves that much attention
youtube.com/watch?v=6Prfg3vyZkA

Don't know why old heads think hip hop has to be one way.
Hip hop is going through what rock did when it fragmented into rock and roll, metal, punk, indie rock etc. Each have their own unique features, some being more lyrical or more instrumentally based then the others. But can you imagine how boring it would be if rock stuck to one genre forever and didn't evolve?

Look at old school punk albums for example. Same repetitive lyrics shouted over sloppy guitars. Can you imagine how different that sounded at the time? I don't know why some people still think all rap has to be the lyrical equivalent of the Sistine Chapel. Pollock paintings are dope too.

not true
it's just getting shittier and it was shit to begin with

objectively wrong

>thinks 7/10 is a bad score
please, watch this, it applies to music too youtube.com/watch?v=lG2dXobAXLI

7/10 is overrating the mixtape, if you didn't get that. Lil Pump is fucking trash.

He realized how out of touch he was with what your average teenager listens to and likes, so he made sure to give trash like lil pump a pass just to show hes "with it" (because pump is trending right now). Though of course this proves hes only more out of touch because nobody actually thinks lil pump is good, that's nor why hes trending.

isnt 7 already good

5 is average

no, lil pump is just good

lol

I cut my thighs though

lol

2/3 of his only 10/10's are hip hop

Of course he is. He unironically believes Em's freestyle wasn't just a corporate cash grab to pander to the left

and only two of the members of those bands/artists are actually black

MC Ride and Kendrick Lamar

Death grips is two white guys one black dude

Kendrick is one black guy

Swans is six white guys

that makes two black guys versus eight white guys technically receiving those 10s

really gets the noggin' joggin' huh

The production is immaculate.
It comes to show if you have a simpleton with mad flow and godly production, you have incredible bangers. It is sad that this is the current state of hip hop and rap. This is why it needs to die.