1001 albums you MUST listen to before you die

1001 albums you MUST listen to before you die
listchallenges.com/1001-albums-you-must-hear-before-you-die-2016
How many has Sup Forums listened to?

207 apparently

Not a bad list, actually

It's a little strange that there are more 1950's albums than post 2009 when albums weren't even a thing then really

most of them only once

Dogshit list

I have a print edition of this. Must be older, because it ends with The Next Day.

73, i actually listen to some songs of certains albums but not the album as a whole, pretty good list, even have my man Willie Colón!

Didn't like many of them

92/1001

I am just a tiny grasshopper

exactly 100!

>Imagine having time to listen to all this dadrock

499 much better list than i remember

60, more than I was expecting. Surprised LTJ Bukem - Logical Progression made it on the list.

74, terrible list, Madonna lol, I bet they thought they were hipsters for having Spiderland/MPP

175. Pretty solid list. The 2010s choices were meh. Like Taylor Swift 1989 and Yeezus but no Death Grips.

thirty nine...

>kiss
What's next, U2?

How the fuck is that shit Brothers in there but not El Camino!?

what a horrible fucking list
70's get pretty much a page per year while the last 10 years are on one page

have you considered the last 10 years have been mostly fucking garbage

yeah I really need to listen to Nigga Nigga'd My Nigga Nigga (Ft. Nigga) before I die

the 1001 lists aren't really meant to be quality-based, more just taking a musical history lesson one album at a time and displaying what was popular and influential (for better or worse) throughout the history of popular music.

you really need to listen to 700 dad rock albums?

if you're making a list of 1000 essential listens, and given how hilariously broadly you're using the term dadrock, yes

>tfw ded inside

None, I only listen to Lil Pump
ouu

Guess I need to pull my head out of the 60's and 70's

116. List isn’t fantastic but it’s not awful.

>all the tasteless nu-males who got below 500 itt

Reminder that if you scored LESS than four stars you are an irredeemable pleb and should get the fuck out.

Guess they didn't feel like listening them because fantano or p4k didn't rate

Fuck those lists

2 3 3

It has Non-stop Erotic Cabaret in it > already pretty good

108, many of those coming from deciding to knock out all of the rym top 50 over summer

Lots of albums by artists who are primarily singles artists and best enjoyed as such. Some albums by artists well past their sell by date - I saw a c. 2001 Metallica selection.

Biggest gripe - all those Fairport Convention recs and not a one for Steeleye Span! Bull shit.

between 500-600 I didnt bother finishing

Lol no one cares

Fair amount of them sucked

lol ok kid thats why you chose ME to respond to out of the entire thread

I feel like a failure

too many repeat artists and generally shit artists/albums
but i got 131

>implying 80's and 90's U2 isn't essential stuff

92. Fucking weird list.

I expected more

For starters, there are niggers on that list

I don't listen to fucking monkeys. Delete this thread.

Fuck you.

>has taylor swift - 1989
>no tpab
shit list

fuck your nigger shit there should be NO niggers at all, let alone on a list of fucking music

85. Got some work to do.

this took much longer to fill out then i thought it would

i need to listen to more jazz

take your wasted quads to r/the_donald 13 year old sperg

Shut up, white boy.
I'm going to fuck your asian wife tonight

>falling for -2/10 bait
"Sad."

I'm I was actually pretending to be black but whatever
I got 116

>hurr durr no niggers
>just kidding jebaited faggot
what a time to be alive

You know that I'm not that guy, right? -I- wasn't joking about anything; I'm saying that he posted that stuff to get your ass in a knot and evidently he did his job.

>tpab
>good
lmao

First quads on Sup Forums with the word nigger in it

no samefag desu

im not letting this thread die until gets the recognition it deserves

>>>>>>>>>
Why us venom in the list but Bathory isn't?

6. Should I feel ashamed?

no, this list is shit

313, but it really just made me realize how many shitty albums from the 70's and 80's my parents made me listen to.

Yes. There are a whole bunch of dad rock albums that aren't worth listening to, but there is a lot of quality content.

161 thus far. I expected it to be fairly low given how many of the "essentials" I have already missed out on to say nothing of being clue-less in the field of hip-hop. I'm going to try Pills, Thrills and Bellyaches to bring it up to 162 as this could be an interesting list. Had the CD for months now so I suppose its time to play it.

you cant get more hipster than this list

None from that but I listened to between 40 and 50 from the 1001 classical recordings list.

you cant get more hipster than this list of commonly agreed upon classics spanning back decades yup good analysis as usual dr anonymous