Why did it fail?

Why did it fail?

Bad marketing

no qt asian grils

Bad movie

> John Carter.
> WTF is John Carter? and .. Disney? Not enough violence and boobs

I'm guessing the same reason the new Tarzan reboot failed. No one saw it in theaters.
This

0 publicity, the movie isnt amazing or anything but it's comparable with other successful Disney shit, the movie flopped simply because Disney didnt care enough

Bit of a stupid plot desu.

I actually can't even remember what it was now. Some princess saving bullshit.

zero marketing + bad title. i remember seeing a trailer and thinking wtf is this

>ridiculous budget
>marketing made it look like space tarzan

>41st highest grossing film of 2012
>failure
Kek, nice try Avatar shills.

A friend of mine thought it was a spy/espionage movie based on the title...

I dont get why Hollywood thinks these classic pulp-stories lend themselves well to film. Unlike those "re-imagined" fairy tales like Hansel&Gretel they dont even have much name recognition.

I never even heard of John Carter before.

Production and marketing was 350 million dollars. You need to do Avengers money to be worth that kind of investment

It didnt come out in the 1960's when anyone might have cared.

You are a daily reminder that no one on Sup Forums can economically consider how financially bad a movie is.

Man that turned out to be a decent watch. Sad it won't get a sequel or anything.

>there's people in this board who doesn't like John Carter

kys faggots

>I never even heard of John Carter before.

Modern science fiction is filled with references to ERB's work, particularly the Barsoom books. Super influential.

But if you're not a science fiction fan I can see not having heard of it. Tarzan is his more famous character.

It was marketed as 'John Carter of Mars' and released less than a year after 'Mars Needs Moms' (another Disney flop). Not to mention all the other shitty Mars-related movies that came out before it (Doom, Ghosts of Mars, Mission to Mars, Red Planet, etc.).

Becuase the green aliens were lame, the Mars people were badly written, and the whole plot was confusing and directionless.

Its basically a flawed story with some good potential for visuals, but it couldn't have been better without a complete change of the story (and that would've been insulting to the book itself).

It was way better than Jupiter Ascending.

The books are fantastic. The movie is cookie-cutter disney trash.

Really fucking bad character design, especailly of the main aliens, all the previews made it look like the entire film was the battle on the desert planet in Attack Of The Clones, uncharismatic lead displayed in the trailers. Look at the GOTG trailers, most normies, esp worldwide, had no idea who Chris Pratt was, but with those few seconds of trailer time he sold who the character was, the John Carter dude looked totally action hero generic and didn't "pop".

I was actually really surprised by it. The CGI characters, though not perfect, actually felt real, and I was even able to forget that the bad guy was McNulty.

But aside from how it felt... I don't remember a single fucking thing about the film.

Your bar is so low you cant even trip on it

> the Heliums

no, really

> the Heliums

it literally is space tarzan though

Should be been called the same as one of the books The Princess of Mars, would have got a bit more interest if it was called that

>its a book series where women don't wear clothes on mars because they don't need them because the lower gravity means their boobs will never sag

>movie dresses the women in granny panties

>disney releases a movie named "princess of mars"

there's a reason no one will ever listen to your marketing expertise.

Helium was discovered after the books were written.

first barsoom book was started in 1912, 44 years after helium was discovered.

That typography looks generic and could easily be used for a g rated comedy,
and nobody could tell the difference

Lynn Collins was so freaking hot in this movie that I thought my dick was going to fly off my body due to the astonishing pressure in my balls.

same reason why Tin Tin failed. who?

Fuck off, it was cheesy, not entertaining, and the plot was bad.