Why does Marvel keep kicking WB/DC's ass?

>Well?

Marvel's are pleasant, even while covering unpleasant content, and WB's push people to suicide.

>muh company wars

Fuck off, Sup Forums

>suicide squad that high
it was way worse than bvs

>every positive review still complains about the formula
>b-but muh visuals
>10/10
and yet they gave shit to MoS and BvS
it's only okay when Marvel does it

DC films are too smart for the average moviegoer.

Marvel focuses on quality. WB/DC focus on shitting out studio products.

That's the difference.

the try

Marvel films are formulaic as fuck.

>Marvel
>quality
and here I thought DCucks were the delusional ones

>the current year
>believing in the corrupt media

99% of capeshit is awful

>Marvel is formulaic garbage
>DC is edgy garbage
we really need a capeshit third option

Dark Horse Cinematic Universe when?

they are busy releasing tons of shitty hellboy spin-offs

>hellboy
And Buffy. I think they're done with star wars though.

>Believing normies give a shit about Dr. Strange

No one is going to see this movie other than hardcore Marvel fans.

This.

People said the same thing about Guardians of the Galaxy.

Because DC is legit bad, the studio makes terrible decisions and they'll somehow fuck up any future projects as well until AT&T buys them and streamlines the films into safe, generic crap that international audiences don't have to think about just like Disney and Marvel.

and Ant-Man

Marvel has Disney money behind it, and DC has been having to make due with Warner.

Beyond that, Marvel simply has a better stable of superheroes to make movies about. DC has the Justice League and... that's about it.

GotG didn't star an edgy fairy Wizard. Comic fans hardly care about Strange. This will be Marvels first questionable box office take and we'll see dozens of articles about "Superhero fatigue"

This thread struggling to get any replies shows how little this movie has going for it.

Yea it starred a talking rat, a retarded tree, a green niggress, a WWE "actor", and a walking talking meme man.
Fucking kill yourself.

>p-p-please stop making fun of my Marv-hul movies!

You are embarrassing yourself.

DC has always had better characters than Marvel, half of Marvel's characters are direct copies of existing DC characters. Marvel just did a better job, at least up to now, of introducing their characters over a pretty long arc, compared to DC and warner just trying to cram as much shit into a few fimls as they can.

DCucks sad that their preference can't make a legit film without fucking it up and trying to make it up with some gay ass ultimate edition that you have to pay handsomely to watch in addition to the admission price to watch the shit fest in theaters.
Suck my nuts

other than batman dc characters are pretty shit. and even batman is only good because of his villains.

Aren't the properties creator owned?
Wouldn't that just make it a mess?

Half the marvel movies are trailers.

Are you really basing your belief in this movie to a handful of autistic manchildren on an anonymous imageboard? We're talking about people that thought TFA would flop. Talking about people that think WW3 would be started over a tweet.

I don't know about that. DC has the Justice League. Marvel has the Avengers, the X-Men, the Fantastic 4, Spiderman... it goes on

Because Kevin Feige is in charge, he is an oldschool fanboy. Now that Disney owns Marvel he doesnt wanna fuck up because I can guarantee he wants to run Disney and/or Star Wars in 10 years. Go through everything he follows on twitter, 70s and 80s action figure sites, Disney theme park fanpages, 80s Star Wars memorabilia sites. He understand what nerds want because he is one.

The head of DCU is just another executive, They don't get it, they never will. They hire people who they think that you'll like. They'll hire a guy that thinks that the Joker should be a gangsta kingpin with juggalo tats. They'll hire a guy that thinks Superman is an aloof, mean mugging badass. Geoff Johns is trying to right the ship, but he is a comic book writer, they don't understand how to translate comics to film properly. Watch Frank Miller's The Spirit to see this first hand.

What are you saying we are, some kind of Suicide Squad?

disney***

Disney movies are meticulously contsructed to appeal to the widest possible demographic. They take absolutely no risks, and consistently put out coherent and entertaining, albeit totally artless, products. I can't say I much like the ethos behind their filmmaking, but its easy to see why they always tend to resonate with the critics.

DC, on the other hand, clearly have no idea what they're doing. They're trying desperately to ape Marvel's success, but their producers don't have anywhere near the acumen of Feige. SS demonstrated this in embarrassing detail. I admire Snyder's ambition, but his reach exceeds his grasp in most areas, and now that his big tentpole was so poorly received, I expect Justice League to be entirely toothless.

a bad movie that knows it is bad is tolerable, possibly even pleasant.

a bad movie that acts like it is highest art and takes itself completely seriously is absolutely horrid

The DCEU is a cashgrab, that's a fact. There's nothing wrong with that, but in this scenario, the studio is going to be far more interested in profit than it is in making a quality product. That's okay, that's what studios do, but in less somebody's around who's interested in making these movies turn out GOOD rather than merely profitable, it's not gonna happen, not on its own. DC doesn't have that.

AYO HOLE UP

I'd say Civil War was a demo but I don't think any of them qualify as trailers.

It's mostly the other way around.

Except DC doesn't know what quality is.

They are corrupt and I'm not even memeing

same reason hillary will win: human consensus is always towards the most retarded shit.

Oh look, he understood Drumpf will get trumped.

is that an actual adult in a baby seat?

Marlel makes formulaic, boring bland ass flicks that don't challenge the numale reviewers in their views or opinions. DC makes bad movies too but at least they try to be different, they have made 3 movies so far and the 3 of them have been distinctely unique (even if heavily flawed)

They started the whole shared universe craze and had years to build up a solid formula that the public enjoy thanks to having people who understand the properties involved enough to make somewhat decent adaptions.

WB is rushing into it and putting people who have no real interest in charge nor hold them accountable. The execs to knee jerk reactions and gut the films based on the performance and public reactions of the previous films.

Disney literally pays Rotten Tomatoes for good reviews.

Anyone saw this?

DC keeps making the same garbage.

Nice false flag mouseshill, we all know they buy the reviews themselves and not the aggregator

>This will be Marvels first questionable box office take and we'll see dozens of articles about "Superhero fatigue"

Ant-Man was underwhelming and there were no such articles. It even got a sequel.

We also got a bunch of "Superhero fatigue" articles after BvS's opening not being as big as expected and the big drop off on the second week.

And then that shit all went away with Civil War.

The difference is that Marvel knows what it's doing. And I don't mean that in the broad sense of their movies being good, it's that they have a more attentive and considered vision for their movies, and their shared universe. They have a system.

DC has no system. I've heard them say before some things about DC being creator-driven or director-driven, but what that ultimately seems to come down to is that they have no idea how to oversee what happens, so they let the filmmakers make films, unless they get panicky because things aren't going the way they realized they want them to go, and then rush in and fuck everything up worse.

Antman was made with a fraction of the budget they had for Doctor Strange. Marvel was trying to push Strange as a top title even back in the 70s shoving him into Hulk episodes. Stan Lee has a hard on for Strange as this is probably a send off project so he can die happy. The general public on the other hand has never nor will ever give a shit about it.

Strange is only 30 million more than ant-man fyi

because Disney has more money, better media connections and can more thoroughly trick the public into watching their capshit garbino.

>rotten 1
I guess that guy didnt get the memo.

this should change now that AT&T owns WB now.

THIS

but mainly I don't know why but WB/DC takes risks and critics always hate them but Marvel does their serviceable thing and instead of saying 'welp, more Marvelshit' they just say 'job well done boys, keep them coming exactly like this just improve the SFX and we good'

Vir sum finna.....

Soozasqwid

That's a lot of fractions.

Taking risks is not inherently good or bad. Failure sucks, success is great. You get no award for participation and trying.

It's a winning formula though. There's no point aiming to recreate the perceived quality of the Nolan trilogy if you're just going to fail every single time. A formulaic plot would have probably improved both BvS and SS such was the mess their scripts/cuts had been left in.

>ONLY
>30,000,000

>They take absolutely no risks
What sort of risks do you want them to take but they're not?

Well you know, doing what Zack Snyder does and filming the movie in black and white, dubbing it in Czech with no subtitles and playing the scenes in reverse chronological order with every other scene being fastfrowarded at 1.4 times speed while others being played in slow motion.
Kino.

>edgy
What does it even mean?

It's being projected to bring in hundreds of millions more than Ant-Man.

Edgy means being dark and violent for the sake of appealing to preteens who think it makes them all grown-up to like that type of thing.

Eh, I guess you could say that.

And what DCEU have to do with it?

I wouldn't know, I've only seen Man of Steel and didn't think it was edgy at all.