Converting to Islam

I am strongly considering conversion to Islam, Sup Forums. Talk me out of it.

Other urls found in this thread:

census.gov/topics/population/race/about.html
youtube.com/watch?v=91AM7665cbo
orthodoxinfo.com/general/stjohn_islam.aspx
muslim.org/islam/aisha-age.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bump.

Errrrrmmm k?

Meh, whats the point, you'll just fuck a goat and blow yourself up shortly afterwards.

You should do it and then help commit a major terrorist attack somewhere in the West so we can get this race war up and running while i am still young.

Do you really think Islam is about terrorism?

First explain your rationale? I am muslim myself, but I wouldnt condone you converting if you are doing it for the wrong reasons.

To us in the West, yes.

To someone like you who views Islam in an obviously favourable light, it would look like they are men and women who are fighting for Islam just like Mohammed called for.

Why are you so lacking in identity and confidence you would consign yourself to the sewer tier of religions and cultures? Islam has zero to do with America, it would make more sense for you to say you're assimilating into the Sioux tribe or Scientology than Islam. Also, if you want to see how ugly the religion is, and how those words in the koran translate to the real world, just look at the shitholes they are making in Europe, such as in Rotherham and London. I don't have to talk you out of converting, you can talk yourself out of it by opening your eyes and taking a look at the real Islamic world.

Really makes you think

I became an atheist 7 or 8 years ago, based on logical contradictions in the doctrine of the Trinity.

I recently ran across a model argument that proves the existence of something outside our own universe that served as the first cause. I always said if I came across proof that God exists, or that made it more likely that he exists than that he doesn't, I would change my opinion.

Islam is the only religion with a holy book that has not been altered over time and claims the oneness of God.

I have always found Islam fascinating, especially after reading The NS Guide to Islam by David Myatt. With that being said, I am disappointed that so many Muslims are Anti-Jihad and are against War, they could certainly become a lethal threat to The Magian if they would stop preaching that they are a "religion of peace" and instead start fighting. I have believed for quite a while that Islam is actually a Cult dedicated to Atazhot (Allah) and I am pleased that there are still sects that practice Self Mutilation and consumption of glass which are likely both practices which originated from the Cult of Atazhot, before it morphed into Islam.

Al-Buraq the flying donkey says do it.!

Islam is about conquest, and terrorism is one of the means of doing it, so yes, terrorism is integral to Islam like the Communion is to Catholicism.

>To someone like you who views Islam in an obviously favourable light, it would look like they are men and women who are fighting for Islam just like Mohammed called for.

I am white, was born and raised in America, and grew up Protestant Christian. Terrorists look to me like what they are: criminals and murderers.

> logical contradictions in the doctrine of the Trinity.

More like you being retarded. The same retardation that makes people destroy you theologically. the same retardation that makes you talk about converting to Islam.

Just admit that you are stupid and that you have no idea of what you are talking about

too much user too much hahah

>Islam is the only religion with a holy book that has not been altered
It takes a muzzy to believes this grats the only thing you gotta do now is say 5 lines in some mosque and get you're free babyfactory

Do it and bomb somewhere in the US so they can see what Islam really is

>Islam is the only religion with a holy book that has not been altered over time and claims the oneness of God.

So as an intellectually superior post-Atheist teenager, in you're opinion, how sound is the Islamic doctrine of farting?

In it, Allah himself comments on the nature of impurities of man and when it is and isn't appropriate to pass gas.

Give me logical support for the doctrine of Trinity then.

>I am white.

Yeah you can't fool me dune coon.

You might be white according to the US census but you aren't actually white.

>White – A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa.

census.gov/topics/population/race/about.html

>So as an intellectually superior post-Atheist teenager...

I'm 40.

It looks like you are not quite used to thinking about the things you say or read.

By the way, your "logic" is the logic of someone who talks positively about Islam. When you learn what logic is, then you will be able to say what is or isn't logical

Dude, my family is Norse and Irish primarily, with some various other European and some Native American admixture.

So, you have nothing of value to say about the contradiction in the doctrine of Trinity then?

>op

>Norse

In all honesty, you will never ever find conclusive proof of the existence of God. If there was, what test would there be for you?

My advice to you, is not to look for evidence or hyperbole. Also, ignore the idiots on this website, they see what they want to see. My advice is to look properly into the ethical codes the culture, and the morality of Islam.

Do not read what people think about it, or their impressions of it. Go to the Quran and read yourself. Digest the message. If you like what you are reading, only then proceed.

Yes, the "contradictions" that can only be seen by the sick and twisted minds of people who talk positively about islam. The "contradictions" of someone weho has the theological knowledge of a child

kek

You reliaze that being white is what ever people feel like right? There's no emperical science behind it.

White is being European.

The contradictions are simple to see, man.

G = God, the divine being
F = the Father
S = the Son
Sp = the Holy Spirit

Now, G = F = S = Sp, we are told in the doctrine of the Trinity. Fine, so far.

Next, F != S != Sp, since they are three different entities, aspects of the Godhead.

So, since they are all said to be God, we have the following contradiction.

G != G

Logically, from a contradiction, anything follows. Read up on classical logic if you don't understand.

Enjoy your 72 raisins

;^)

>I am strongly considering conversion to Islam, Sup Forums
Why? I have nothing against Islam and muslims, some of my best m8's are muslims.
But whats Your resaon?

In actuality, you find the idea of Trinity first in Jewish Kabbalah and Babylonian mythology, with a possible parallel in Greek Hecate. Also, the chief gods of Greece were Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades, who were three equal but different entities. The roots of Trinity therefore lie in pagan religion and Jewish mysticism, not in the teachings of Jesus.

Also, google Comma Johanneum. It will be enlightening.

Here you go

Awwww don't say things like that burger, you'll spoil Xmas for your little brother.

Long story short, it is more likely that God exists than that he doesn't exist, and we know that both the Jewish Tanukh and Christian Bible have changed over time, sometimes dramatically.

For instance, the original Torah was lost, and had to be reconstructed by Ezra from people that remembered bits of it.

Also, the council of Nicaea has been a point of contention for a long time, as have been the teachings of Paul, who never once met Jesus in person.

Your a paedophile who wants to fuck 9 yr old kids you sick bastard.

yet you want to convert to a barbaric religion because it's logical?

Youre going about this the wrong way round. You cant find proof, it is a pointless endeavor.
see

Why worship a pagan moon god who's prophet molested and married a 9 year old?

face reality, your religion is polytheist.
monotheism the creed of abraham is the real religion.
but who am I talking to, a nughead who believes 3=1 and 1=3, do you even ?

Ameribro I agree there is no doubt in my mind God exists. So worship him as the Holy Books describe. But not through Jesus or Muhammed that's where the Christians and Muslims fuck up worshiping God Bi-Proxy whilst god orders worship me and no other. God's command yet you see them all worshiping god through a lens.

if he was he would've become a priest, everyone knows how much priests love little boipussi

Let me clear some things up here.

>Allah is just Arabic for God. It's literally like God with a capital G.
>Islam venerates all of the prophets of Judaism and Christianity.
>There is a LOT of scholarly debate about the age of Aisha at marriage. Depending on your reading of hadith and on the various sources that place Aisha's birth after the Call (when the Prophet got his order from God), she may have been as old as 19 at consummation. Most likely is she was 14ish. This is based on the dates of the Call, her birth, her sister's birth, and other instances found in the hadith.

but no sane sunni muslim ever worshipped god through mohammad, thats called shirk.

You do not worship the Prophet in Islam. In fact, that is the gravest sin in Islam, worshiping any except God himself.

What cancer is this? Is op falling for the fallacies of the camel seller?

>"Let us be pure. No alchool, no tobacco, no pork, no degeneracy....oh but you can fuck little boys, enslave woman for sexual purposes and sell drugs to finance the war"

he's still a fucking pedophile that married an underage girl and raped her.
he's still the most violent prophet of the world religions
Islam caused nothing but destruction in north africa, anatolia and the balkans.
Islam isnt about peace like Christianity, it's about submission and punishment. and your dumbass thought it's a good idea to convert

You can't discredit him. You have to put him on a higher plateau then all humans. He is seen as some kind of Idol to Muslims and as you know Allah outlawed Idolization. He is worshipped like a God.

thank you for properly disposing the word of god with no disrespect.
burning the qur'an is actually ok.

>"Let us be pure. No alchool, no tobacco, no pork, no degeneracy....oh but you can fuck little boys, enslave woman for sexual purposes and sell drugs to finance the war"

You cannot fuck little boys. Pederasty is haram, as is homosexuality. You're talking about Pashtun culture, from when Bacha Bazi come.

Slavery is outlawed by Sharia law. The entire point of slavery laws in islam was to gradually eliminate slavery. You can say a lot of things about Muslims, but one thing you cannot say is that they are faithless people. Sharia judges would not outlaw slavery if they thought God was okay with it.
Also, drugs of any sort are haram. You cannot sell drugs for any purpose.

>You have to put him on a higher plateau then all humans. He is seen as some kind of Idol to Muslims and as you know Allah outlawed Idolization. He is worshipped like a God.

Literally none of that is true except the outlawing of idolatry. The Prophet is no higher than any other prophet of God, such as Jesus and Nebedkanezer.

here no need to be muslim anymore if you think the bible is retarded look at the quran

You're either stupid or emotionally unstable. Or just desperate to be a special snowflake.

>Islam is the only religion with a holy book that has not been altered over time and claims the oneness of God.
Apparently you rationalize yourself into it by focusing on lapping up all the Muhammadan propaganda you can find. How about actually reading the book, preferably in the chronological order rather than the order in which it is by default. Because chronologically it is painfully obvious it's just the teaching of a malignant nut who was pissed off Jews and Christians didn't embrace him as a prophet. So he changed tack. The book is obvious bullshit to anyone who is literate in Hebrew and Christian scripture because the Qur'an appropriates a lot of teachings -- and gets them wrong time and again. Even if you lack religious literacy, you can just read the book and use your intellect to figure out what follows from its teachings. The teaching is diabolical. Islam subverts virtue. It makes ordinarily good people supporters of the vilest monstrosity. With regard to subversion, just look at the concept of Islamic paraidse which appeals to man's lowest impulses by essentially promising the fulfillment of carnal desires.

Islam is full of internal contradictions. Islam teaches the inviolable unity of God and absolutely prohibits intercessors, etc. Yet, Muhammad is revered to the point his followers MURDER if someone says something about him they don't like. And a lot of those who don't actually commit the murder will rationalize it as a reasonable act. See Pakistan. Also, the treatment of the Qur'an is arguably idolatrous, especially in case with those who believe it is God's eternal word because the inevitable corollary is that the book is God. The co-eternalness of the Qur'an is normative Sunni Islam.

So, you're using a parable to make a tu quoque argument?

LAD, do not engage with these people. I have tried so many times to clear things up with them, you are pissing in the wind and will only get more frustrated. They will always believe what they want to believe. Dont say i didnt warn you.

Spend your energies bettering yourself, or contributing to other threads.

remember
'Allah has set a seal upon their hearts and upon their hearing, and over their vision is a veil'

I don't know where you get this idea that you can apply mathematics to God and theology. That alone makes what you say invalid. Byt any way. The Father, Son and Holy Apirits aren't three aspects. They are three persons, and they are all fully god. As you can see, your little symbols areuseless here.

your ideas of the Trinity are that of a little child with a limited mind.

please, little retard, don't talk about things well above you

>There is a LOT of scholarly debate about the age of Aisha at marriage

There isn't. Do you want me to ive you a thousand quotes by the universally accepted Hadith? Or from anny early Muhammad biography? Or from literally ANY muslim source?

Why do you ignore reality? Why do you make numbers up? It looks like atheists and muslims share a huge lot

>Apparently you rationalize yourself into it by focusing on lapping up all the Muhammadan propaganda you can find. How about actually reading the book, preferably in the chronological order rather than the order in which it is by default. Because chronologically it is painfully obvious it's just the teaching of a malignant nut who was pissed off Jews and Christians didn't embrace him as a prophet.

It is chronological by default.

>So he changed tack. The book is obvious bullshit to anyone who is literate in Hebrew and Christian scripture because the Qur'an appropriates a lot of teachings -- and gets them wrong time and again.

You mean like how it doesn't say that Noah was a drunkard or that David was a rapist and murderer?

>Even if you lack religious literacy, you can just read the book and use your intellect to figure out what follows from its teachings. The teaching is diabolical. Islam subverts virtue.

How?

>It makes ordinarily good people supporters of the vilest monstrosity.

How?

>With regard to subversion, just look at the concept of Islamic paraidse which appeals to man's lowest impulses by essentially promising the fulfillment of carnal desires.

You're picturing paradise as some kind of depraved orgy because you haven't actually read anything except the infographics that float around here, apparently.

>Islam is full of internal contradictions.

Name one.

>Islam teaches the inviolable unity of God and absolutely prohibits intercessors, etc. Yet, Muhammad is revered to the point his followers MURDER if someone says something about him they don't like. And a lot of those who don't actually commit the murder will rationalize it as a reasonable act. See Pakistan.

Some people do some bad things claiming to follow this religion. That means it must be bullshit? Please.

Continued

Then you can aswell go back to the bible fairy tale ,since everything is a parable ?

the qur'an is the word of god and should be respected as the holy word of god. you fail to mention the internal contradictions.
the qur'an, which is the word of god, states that what the prophet advised you you should take, and what he advised you not, you should reject. if you insult muhammad or any prophet, no doubt you deserve death. see, slandering a prophet is a major sin and sinners are punished twice if if they don't repent.
what are the contradictions that you found ?

Gonna dump a few.
Please don't.

>You're picturing paradise as some kind of depraved orgy because you haven't actually read anything except the infographics that float around here, apparently.
More like he has read about Muhammad's life, the pedophile warlord with such lust that created personal exceptions for the number of wives he could have and married his son's wives, had sex with a nine years old girl. slaughtered everyone in sight, murdered those who mocked him in poems, raided caravans, believed Mary was part of the Trinity etc.

I recommend you go watch some debates with David Wood

you and your trinity are beneath me, but im humble and always willing to talk with degenerates, who knows maybe you'll see reason.

youtube.com/watch?v=91AM7665cbo

Please, let us know what islam says about the people of the book.

>Also, the treatment of the Qur'an is arguably idolatrous, especially in case with those who believe it is God's eternal word because the inevitable corollary is that the book is God. The co-eternalness of the Qur'an is normative Sunni Islam.

No. The Quran is God's word. It is not worshiped in any sense of the word. it is not a partner to God, and therefore not idolatrous or shirk.

>I don't know where you get this idea that you can apply mathematics to God and theology. That alone makes what you say invalid. Byt any way. The Father, Son and Holy Apirits aren't three aspects. They are three persons, and they are all fully god. As you can see, your little symbols areuseless here.

My little symbols are classical logic. math is just classical logic applied to numbers. You started off arguing that there were no contradictions in the Trinity doctrine. Now you are decrying all of classical logic as invalid. BTFO.

>Do you want me to ive you a thousand quotes by the universally accepted Hadith? Or from anny early Muhammad biography? Or from literally ANY muslim source?

Sure, and I'll give you just as many that say otherwise. Remember, the Hadith are the words of men. They are very helpful, but not inerrant.

>Why do you ignore reality? Why do you make numbers up? It looks like atheists and muslims share a huge lot

I am just deferring to the Muslim scholars that write on the topic, including early biographers of Muhammad that you claim universally say 6 and 9, when they do not. Neither do the hadith.

Don't worry, my retarded friend. I will laugh at muslims like anyone with minimum knowledge has done for centuries since it was born

orthodoxinfo.com/general/stjohn_islam.aspx

Blow yourself up in times sqaure while masterbating. DO IT OR ALLAH WILL BE ASHAMED OF YOU

David Wood is a known liar, and many of the people he speaks with pretending to be ex Muslims are not. You putting your faith in a man that is just wanting to get right from bilking credulous Christians tells the entire tale about you.

Read Thomas Aquinas and, if you have the patience, the treaty On Trinity by Saint Augustine. The Holy Trinity is one of the main mysteries of the Catholic Church and if you approach it by logic alone you're missing out the whole. In my opinion Aquinas's take is the most comprehensible one for most of us regular people.

God is the Father, the Son and the Spirit. Yet He is still One.

You have convinced me. Now I'm a muslim. Tomorrow I will go and kill the people of the book and subdue them, crucify them, behead them and cut their fingertips. while at the other time listening to them as guide.

you get to rape women and girls and get away with it, plus you'll get to live when the European caliphate comes about. It's probably a good decision tbqh user

>The Holy Trinity is one of the main mysteries of the Catholic Church and if you approach it by logic alone you're missing out the whole.

You literally just said "you can't think too hard about this or it won't make any sense."

Well I assume when you were a Christian, you practiced genocide against pagans and stole all of their stuff, since that's what the Old Testament said to do. And you know, Jesus didn't do away with it, like people want to believe. Read the sermon on the mount, which is often given as proof of his divinity for some reason.

it says O people of the book let us come to an agreement that we exclusively worship god and not make partners with him and not take each other as commanders over god's commands.

however, the qur'an says something about people of the trinity which is those who said god is one of three surely have blasphemed and a great punishment awaits them.

>Sure, and I'll give you just as many that say otherwise. Remember, the Hadith are the words of men. They are very helpful, but not inerrant.

The Hadith are sacred muslim tradition. All 6 most prominent and completely accepted Hadith, all early biographies, all early muslim sources show I'm right. Why do you try to deny the undeniable?

Go read the age mentioned in:
SAHIH AL-BUKHARI
SAHIH MUSLIM
SUNAN ABU DAWUD
SUNAN NASA‘I
SUNAN IBN-I-MAJAH
IBN HISHAM

Those are the most reliable, earliest sources. Your 20th century sources from ashamed muslims mumbling their retarded theories are nothing.

Next time you pretend you defend islam, you should get a little more information

muslim.org/islam/aisha-age.htm

Have fun checking sources, which incidentally are the same list you just gave.

>Well I assume when you were a Christian, you practiced genocide against pagans and stole all of their stuff, since that's what the Old Testament said to do. And you know, Jesus didn't do away with it, like people want to believe. Read the sermon on the mount, which is often given as proof of his divinity for some reason.

Me? When? Two years ago? When does the OT say that? Also, why do you ignore that the mosaic law no longer applies. Jesus didn't do away with it? then why is it said repeatedly in Paul epistles how the law no longer applies?

You do know the bible opposes the Trinity ? It's a catholic invention, three hundred years after Christ ascended.

The word Trinity isn't even found in the bible.

oh you're gonna laugh at us ? oh no, nooooo im crying, please don't laugh at us.

we have been told that disbelievers will laugh at us, ridicule us and mock our religion, but it's all good, there's a just god who'll prove you wrong either in this life or after it.

muslim here, why even bother with Sup Forums?

>Have fun checking sources, which incidentally are the same list you just gave.
Next time you pretend you arre muslim, at least try to check the documents you quickly look up

You are not just you: you are Id, Ego and Superego. You are the relationship of all these three parts of yourself, yet none of these parts is the same as another. Same thing with God. And here I'm butchering Aquinas's ideas and probably angering a few theologians by oversimplifying the issue.

Again, if you are really, REALLY bored, check St. Augustine's On the Trinity. It's probably the most definitive take on this Trinity issue yet good luck understanding every single thing it says.

m8 he already came up with his opinion after thinking about the variables of the divine and eternity for 10 minutes on the toilet

It's interesting that you cite Paul. Paul is the most hotly debated topic in the canon right now. He was quite likely the first heretic, accepted by the council of Nicaea specifically because the early church wanted to divorce itself from Judaism. Go read up on the topic.

Paul never met Jesus in person, unless you count the account in John, which is widely thought by Christian scholars to have been added later, of his seeing Christ after the resurrection.

The Old Testament repeatedly authorizes the wholesale slaughter of idolaters by the Jews, and the taking of their virgin girls as sex slaves. For instance, at the foot of Sinai, when Moses found Jews worshipping the golden calf, he ordered exactly that. It was odered at least 3 more times in subsequent books towards other people.

I ignore the doing away with the old law because Paul specifically contradicted Jesus on that. Jesus say that not one jot or tittle of the law would pass away. Paul clearly was wrong, at least here.

It's fun to bearbait them.

I read the whole thing. It's you that didn't bother.

This is probably the most insightful post in this whole thread. Thanks.

Yeah, I clearly haven't been thinking about all of this for the better part of a decade.

Yes, Hitler said it was the Master Religion.

i never get why people think there is a trinity

King James Bible
>In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

New Living Translation
>Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don't understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.
satan refered as the god of this world, jesus is the god of this world i think thats where the trinity gets it wrong

yeah go an think more, while you need to study philosophers and thinkers both muslim and Christian. Im a muslim and hate converts that do it because they want muh culture, muh manliness muh women obedient

Muhammad wrote the Quran to meet his political goals

It's because of the Comma Johanneum. Look it up.

Citation needed.

>He was quite likely the first heretic, accepted by the council of Nicaea specifically because the early church wanted to divorce itself from Judaism. Go read up on the topic.

user. Paul defines what christian doctrine is. You are trying to call heretic one of the first apostles.

Have I said Paul met Jesus in person?

I laugh at your fantasies that are "widely thought by Christian scholars". It's quite easy to know when someone is parroting things he reads on the internet. and that is your case. you are a retarded fedora, with a child's understanding of religion, that just repeats what he wants to ehar. For laughs you pretend to be muslim, but sadly for you there are people who do know something about religion. Since you have been outed and you can't defend islam, you try to attack Christianity by repeating the absurdities you read in atheism forums and blogs.

Please, tell me where it is said in the Old Testament, as moral law, that we must murder nonbelievers. Please, also tell me why, themn none of the early christians did so in any way.

Please, tell us how the verse about what Jesus says finishes. Or did your atheist forums ignore that.

Also, you may want to know, that what Paul said what also said in the councils and by the other apostles and elders. Peter himself affirmed what Paul said.

Good luck next time, though.