What does Sup Forums think of bo burnham?

what does Sup Forums think of bo burnham?

I watched one of his comedy specials last night and a lot of the jokes were hit and miss. regardless- I really appreciate his whole act- and the fact that he's able to memorize all that material with hardly any queues. I didn't really like it that much, but I can see why others do.

what are your thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r1udrrBy600
youtube.com/watch?v=tKs7rZy0l84
youtube.com/watch?v=6dup8GSbmz8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

he's a good gateway out of plebdom

i usually hate stand up that is anything other than stand up. but hes creative enough to not be awful. like you said a lot of it is hit and miss but at least its watchable. that said i havent seen anything of his in more than 5 years and have no intention to any time soon.

He breaks the comedic mold a bit and his shows are definitely more entertaining than other stand-ups so I can respect that.

Hes a sjw cuck

He gets a little heavy on the "I hate myself" stuff.

He literally mocks swjs to their face in his last special.

I mean, the material is so fast it's sorta meant to be hit or miss. it's better to have a short joke that doesn't work rather than a long joke that doesn't work - like when patton oswalt described the plot of my little pony for 3 minutes straight. no idea how that special got an award - I almost turned it off.

He's a gay catholic so he has double the guilt and self-hatred than a normal catholic.

I like him but im aware that his stuff is objectively shit
words words words>make happy>what

lanklet

he's really a quirky less funny version of demetri martin. though bo isn't too awful - i'd take demitri over him any day.

>make happy better than what
it was like the definition of an okay sequel

I really hope a studio quality version of "Pandering" gets made, that was the best part of Make Happy

his kanye parody was GOAT
youtube.com/watch?v=r1udrrBy600

the country song and the kanye rant won me over

>this next song is called "A World on Fire"
AHH

GAAHHH

He's a great fucking showman. But idk if he's actually gay I think he just kinda wishes he was.

im a fucking loser so i count laughs when i watch specials and oswalt gave me 3 laughs in that special. not a lot to some people but for me thats worth the watch. but youre right the mlp bit was garbage. but ive been watching stand up so long i think they do purposefully bad bits to set the audience up for something good afterwards.

>3 laughs in an hour 30 minute's time is a good special

I don't think its worth it. the clown bit was interesting and funny but everything else was really just underwhelming.

I heard him on some podcast say he's not gay, but he keeps it ambiguous for the sake of some of his jokes.

like i said, im a loser. not much makes me laugh anymore. my laughs mean a lot to me.

>1:30

he knows.

I know that feeling - but mostly with crying

I haven't cried in 7 months the fucks wrong with me

Not him, but are you okay, user?

i felt that way until i found neil hamburger

stand up just isn't that funny most of the time. it's people telling stupid stories i don't care about. i'm like that other guy in that not a lot makes me laugh. in recent memory, only John Mulaney could, and not his most recent one either, it kinda sucked. but New in Town and the audio only one are really good.

Eel Hamburger best fish.

what do you think of this guy?

youtube.com/watch?v=6dup8GSbmz8

I dunno. I'm generally alright as a person - i've got no mental issues - I'm generally mentally healthy, I'm Incredibly empathetic - but I haven't cried in a long fucking while.

thanks for asking though - it means a lot

nice blog

I tried to watch one of his specials and I couldn't get past 10 minutes of it.

It'll probably happen at a weird moment. I hadn't cried in months too and it happened after I fapped when I started thinking about an emotional scene in a show I liked. Also, are you a water sign?

what the fuck is a water sign, im not that user you're replying to

He is asking if that user is a "Danger: Slippery When Wet" sign that somehow gained sentience but a stunted emotional processing center, and is somehow posting on this board.

Just kidding, he's probably an astrology faggot. If you believe in star signs, your star sign is cancer - but not the crab.

I have nostalgia for him back in the day when he first popped up.

His current stuff I think is pretty cringeworthy most of the time but like others say, I respect him for what he does.

Bo is better than Demetri. Doesn't take himself as seriously.

I was replying to >75662565 who replied to me. So yeah...

Also, a water sign is a Cancer, Scorpio, or Pisces. They are known for their emotional needs.

you know what, i like the writing you had in your reponse. hooked me early and had a nice twist at the end

His bits consisting of equal parts self-loathing and YOU DON'T REALLY KNOW ME are really fucking annoying. We get it, Bo, you think everyone is retarded and doesn't "get" it. Awesome. It's just not funny the twentieth time you say it.

>an astrology faggot

Hey hey hey... I'm an /x/ faggot, user.

he's trying to be a tortured genius. or he is one, you never know anymore. I don't like his style of comedy though.

This
Seeing his online vids of him in high school when I was around his age was surreal. This 16 year old with this level of talent using the internet to get famous

Still listen to new math sometimes for nostalgia

>equal parts self-loathing and YOU DON'T REALLY KNOW ME

I feel like you're reading way too much into it.

Same man, same.

Is he our guy?

>The entire song where he makes fun of people from his high school who try reconnecting with him after he got famous and his fans that think they understand him with the chorus being "You don't know Bo"

Yeah dude.

>musical comedy

is this you?

the guy knows his material well. i envy that. im still trying to work up the courage to finish writing my set and perform it.

>one bit

>It's just not funny the twentieth time you say it.
>twentieth time

k dude

his act is really good at impressing people who dont know how abelton and other performance software works.

That entire stand up was built around it, I just pointed to the most overt and visible example. You said I was reading too much into it when THE finale was him ranting about the exact message I was talking about.

k dude

I haven't been able to sit through one of his specials since he had his show.

>flute of the commodores

>burning space gas affects your personality

Gas yourself

I think you should buy an ad, faggot.
Sage.

funny guy, although I dont really like musicals so its more of something to put up with for the sake of the jokes

I'm starting to think music is a terrible crutch for (Stand-up) comedy

What does that even mean?