What does Sup Forums think about pic related. I thought it was great desu

What does Sup Forums think about pic related. I thought it was great desu.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=b8tyPsNrvjc
youtube.com/watch?v=BXB_tBgq6Rc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Undoubtedly phenomenal

sucked

Shit

says the butt buddies

I give it a meh

What does the fact that I'm gay and that I didn't actually see the movie have to do with anything?

Easily the best war film of this Generation

team america: live action movie.

the "serious" scenes were laughable, and the action scenes were pants on head retarded.

Great outside of the final act
Fantastic action scenes throughout

It's underrated.

Might rank it among the best WWII movies, but it has a few odd moments that hold it back somewhat.

Like the American who shoots himself while burning to death, it's really jarring partly because the CGI's really fake

Many have a problem with the "300-style" standoff at the end, guess it's unrealistic, I didn't have a problem with it personally

/Thread

Fantastic ending that was comparable to the likes of a real waffen SS advancement.

Let's send our regular soldiers one by one, let's save our sniper or the dudes with anti-tank weaponry for last. What could go wrong?

I didn't care for it.

The dead German girl scene was ridiculous and I cringed when they named him 'machine'.

Wasted potential

I felt like I was watching Star Wars

brad pitt made it barely watchable, 5/10. Without him it would have been a 2/10

LITERALLY "World of Tanks: The Flick"

It really was. WoT financed the movie.

>Many have a problem with the "300-style" standoff at the end, guess it's unrealistic, I didn't have a problem with it personally

Reminiscent of audie murphy when he manned the .50 on the back of a burning M-10. From a completely exposed position he annihilated the advancing Germans. It was a suicidal last stand meant to buy time and he ended off driving off the German offensive.

He killed far more Germans than Brad Pitt did in the film, and this was real.

I liked how it was showing how not all Germans, or even SS, were bad.
Also the battle scenes were fun.
People who bitch about the final battle don't know all the weird battles that took place during the war. Them pretending to be ambushed SS is cringe worthy.

this could be bullshit but I read somewhere that the final battle unfolds the way it does because all the german soldiers would originally have been old men and children conscripts.

>I felt like I was watching Star Wars

Star wars energy weapons were made to replicate the look of tracer fire. Lucas was heavily influenced by WW2 dogfight and strafing footage, as well as AA tracer fire. Star wars resembled WW2, not the other way around.

Germans in WW2 used a variety of tracer for 8mm machine guns (mostly yellow or white, but they did have green).

Pic related is an MG-34 firing green-to-red "grun-rot" tracers. At short range the tracer color is green and it turns red as it burns. This helps with ranging when leading a target at a distance.

>the german soldiers would originally have been old men and children conscripts.

That was definitely true as Fury takes place during the final days of the war in Europe. The German Volkssturm were made up of anyone 12-60. Children under 12 worked in artillery units and the older kids and teens fought alongside veteran soldiers.

During the battle of berlin there were numerous teenagers fighting in the SS youth division as well.

Also the lone tank breaking down on a crossroad and fighting off a night attack from infantry was based on real memoirs of WW2 tankers. When writing the film they referenced the book "Death Traps" and pic related was a major part of it.

No, but it did show how all germans IN BATTLE were stupid orcs with no drive to live who would just bumrush a fucking tank for no reason. Shit movie desu

huh. TIL

It was 'good', worth watching if you like action movies. There were a few issues which stopped it from being 'great', most of which have been or will soon be discussed in this thread.

Forgot to mention but Americans use red tracers obviously. That is what we are most used to in war movies and war footage.

Pic related is an awesome pic of an M42 hunting snipers near an American base in Vietnam. They really do look like hollywood special effects.

It's always great to see tracers.

And then the M60s in the guard towers on either side (off camera) join in on the sniper hunt. This was a long exposure showing showing more tracers over time

These are some of my favorite photos from the Vietnam war.

>What does Sup Forums think about pic related. I thought it was great desu.
They were so stupid in the end battle that I couldn't take it seriously. They could have taken out half the approaching squad of Nazis but didn't. Shit tier.

Post more tracers

Sure thing. One thing hollywood doesn't often get right is the bouncing and richochets of bullets. You really see it with tracers. Those fuckers go absolutely everywhere.

Time lapse of air support tracer fire from gunship.

I lost any interest after they killed the qtpi

Absolute madman

Great book by the way.

Thanks, will check it out.

it was one trope after another, nothing happened naturally, only as a motivation for some character to experience something
The Beast is a better tank movie

Wasn't the tank Fury was based on fighting off a mob of teenagers?

much better than it needed to be. Sound design was awesome and the characters were engaging. People give it too much shit for the ending, as if this is the first war movie with a contrived fairy tale ending

I have to say though, Brad Pitt's Jesus roles are getting too much. This, The Big Short, 12 Years a Slave, he always plays this quiet benevolent guy who can do no wrong. I might be missing some of them, too

>Wasn't the tank Fury was based on fighting off a mob of teenagers?

Not really. There were never just mobs of teenagers fighting independently. The germans integrated teenagers in among veteran soldiers. This is what was shown in Fury.

Late in the war the officer quality on the western front was definitely thinned out though. Officers who spent the first four years of the war behind a desk in Berlin were now commanding the last lines of defense, and doing so with low morale and negligible supplies.

Some made stupid mistakes and others surrendered to the first American they saw. Unreliable officers could explain a lot of the dumb shit the Germans did in the movie. They did a lot of dumb shit in real life too.

jonny suede, true romance, babel, 7 years in tibet

m.youtube.com/watch?v=b8tyPsNrvjc

girl here
will i be able to understand this movie?

Yeah I also loved Civil War

One of the most unrealistic war movies I've ever seen. And I'm not talking about the action, I don't care about that, it's an action movie.

It was the dialogue and the way the whole squad was at each other's throats. Especially during that stupid drawn out dinner table scene. That shit doesn't fly in war, you deal with the problem you have with another soldier right away and you move on.

It was good.

Is Sony still viralling this?

the last 30 minutes were fucking dumb. the rest of the movie was pretty entertaining. a few murrican heroes taking out a whole batallion of highly skilled experienced SS soldiers. these were no ordinary wehrmacht soldiers, they were like special forces. so... as always murrica made a fucking propaganda bullshit movie.

Germany didn't really have many special forces by this point. It takes place about a couple of weeks before Germany surrendered. Their defense force would have consisted of inexperienced Hitler youths and old veterans.

soviet era tier american propaganda flick

enjoyable

They only had panzerfausts meaning they had to come within like 8 meters

>Machine
Gunner

It had literally a gathering of my favorite actors minus the mexican bruh so I'm biased out the gate but, yeah, pretty stellar albeit unrealistic.

panzerfausts have a range from 60-100 meters tho

wankfest
unrealistic
propaganda

Ending was ridiculous. What reason was given for them staying for an unnecessary suicide mission again? And the fact it was shown they were facing literal MEGA NAZIS the most evilest and feared of all Nazis

I think you are thinking of panzerschreks

no. there are things called panzerfaust30 and panzerfaust60 which were single use with ranges indicated by numbers there also were a few panzerfaust100 and 150s but generally they had a shorter effective range than panzerschecks

t. naziboo

mediocre so half the board sill praise it like its amazing

when watching the movie in a theater I had to tell an uppity nigger and his bitch to be quiet because they kept talking. Movie was pretty good from then on.

get the bluray, 1 hour of deleted scenes

>TIL
Can you stop posting this reddit shit?

This.

Although I felt like they should have got rid of the gay breakfast scene with the girls.

And replaced it with another battle scene.

This

>Unrealistic
It actually paints American soldiers as uncivilized, killing prisoners of war, and raping/ sleeping with the defenseless German women.
The only time we get to see a German soldier for more than just target practice in the film, is when Normal was helpless and hiding, and the German sees him clear as day, shows mercy, and saves his life.

Theres a reason why Americans won WWII and its not because we were better men.

Norman*

Nigga that's the coolest damn thing I've learned all year.

Yeah this. Sup Forums has pretty shit taste

You go, chad.

Good movie, and just from these replies I can tell who actually knows their history and who is too blinded by hateboner for murica to realise that people and events like Audie Murphy's famous stand really happened, and that there were madmen crazy enough to advance into battle with nay but a broadsword and bagpipe.

Granted there were some liberties but overwhelming odds was not uncommon in this particular or any other war in a number of battles.

My main gripe with it is the idea that a single Sherman survived numerous engagements over a course of years and made it from combat in Africa to Europe. Life expectancy of those buckets just was not that high, but wasn't a concern because the U.S. could pump them out like a chicken farm does eggs.

A few anachronistic elements were not enough to stop the movie from delivering, and the cast was well selected. The message of the movie was loyalty and camaraderie anyway, not a doco.

It was pretty good, the final fight with the Germans was a little lame though

It was alright, good performances. Good music too.

There was a reason given, there was some big medical camp/wounded camp up the road and they were the only people in the way. Why bother criticizing the movie if you didn't bother to pay attention in the first place?

Its shit.

>The message of the movie was loyalty and camaraderie anyway, not a doco.
This is exactly why I loved this movie. I love World War films solely because of the underlying theme of camaraderie under terrible odds and I never tire of this trope.

I completely agree with user.

It's value, to me, was that it gives you a little taste of how hellish and terrifying being a tanker was. War is surreal and dirty and mean...and you have to kill people, and thats pretty dark. There were moments when the movie kinda succeeded in conveying that...but it's flawed, and couldn't maintain it. The trailer gave me about all the feels that the whole movie was actually worth. There was a moment when daddybrad talked with the new guy about death in war, pointing out an entire city on fire... The scale of the killing in WWII was staggering obv...you get hung up on one girl dying, but millions are dying all around.

Also, the surreal morality of war...Like "Deathtraps," "Roll me Over" is a good book for understanding the insanity of being wrapped up in something like WWII. He talks about getting to Bonn, and soldiers fucking the civilians. It's matter of fact, and its treated as no big deal...because in context its kind of...meh.
Watch this and imagine living it:

youtube.com/watch?v=BXB_tBgq6Rc