Are athletes with ADD who take prescribed Adderall (without abusing it) at an unfair advantage...

Are athletes with ADD who take prescribed Adderall (without abusing it) at an unfair advantage? I've chronic ADD and am on the track team at my school. I take the highest dose possible and I'm a dedicated runner. Despite this, I'm far from the fastest kid, who's my best friend (and got me into running.) I know he's clean. But still, someone said to me the other day that it ISN'T fair and it mindfucked me. So yeah, give me your thoughts please?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/ncaa-101/what-ncaa
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If You have adhd then it gets you to a functioning level akin to a normie. If you're a normie then meth makes you methed up. Its not that hard to understand If you have adhd but normies won't really get it

Yeah you’d fail a drugs test at any high level competition. You’d need a Theraputic Use Exemption (or your country’s equivalent) before competing at any respectable level. Right now you’re a cheating shitbag

Adderall doesn't make you physically better. Only mentally. Stop fishing for information, normie, you'd know if you took it routinely.

Sidenote, don't take it routinely.

It's not cheating because it brings your hypofunctioning brain to a normal level of functioning. If you truly have
ADHD, then I think it'd be unfair if you WEREN'T allowed to compete while taking Adderall.

Anyone who uses the word ‘normie’ probably shouldn’t be trusted. It’s a telltale sign of poor education and a lack of social understanding. Doubt the medical advice is sound too.

You sound autistic but ok.

how did we evolve without drugs? kill yourself emo white trash faggot

Lets say you've been taking Adderall, user. We'll assume you don't have ADD. It gives you an edge, you need the edge, so you take it b/c w/e. Lets say you wake up tomorrow with terrible ADD, and the dosage you've been taking is also the dosage that completely fixes this ADD. Would you still feel "enhanced", or would you feel "normalized?"

The likely answer is that the technical grey area is just so vague that it may be forever impossible to tell. Me w/ ADD < Me w/o ADD. But at what point does Me w/ Adderall > A theoretical me who was never born w/ ADD? We simply will never know, I feel.

It would be a crime to rob the world of myself, but your input is appreciated as a means to show you I don't give a fuck about your opinion of me and that its irrelevant.

You state this as fact, but that's simply not true. Stimulants are banned for a reason. And, last time I checked, you're not exactly doing rocket science in your mind while you're running a race.

Your self hatred is very obvious. May you discover the joy of self love and acceptance some day.

Don't mix amphetamines or strong stimulants with aerobic exercise. You might get results (I'm better at soccer when I'm on adderall) but it's bad for your heart.

See, you don't actually think he sounds autistic, because you know its rude to call people out on having mental disorders that they can't help, and you'd feel morally wrong by doing so, thus you wouldn't post since doing so would only negatively affect you mentally.

Fuck

niggers

Do you have ADD? If so what you perceive as "better results" are actually "normalized results". But they seem like an enhancement from your perspective since they are an upgrade. But its not an upgrade that makes you stand out from people w/o ADD. And if you do, who's to say that its simply that you're very talented, and that Adderall has allowed you to tap into your talent to where you've just enough to show all your potential without accidentally overclocking?

This right here. It is still affecting you physically, regardless of whatever it does for you psychologically.

I don’t care at all about whether it’s cheating or just bringing you up to normie mode or whatever. Take your dose AFTER running, not before. You’re going to seriously fuck up your heart doing this.

OP here! Glad to have entertained your brains tonight. The correct answer is that YES, it is okay. Here's the answer straight from the NCAA.

"The NCAA recognizes that some banned substances are used for legitimate medical purposes. Accordingly, the NCAA allows exception to be made for those student-athletes with a documented medical history demonstrating the need for treatment with a banned medication. Exceptions may be granted for substances included in the following classes of banned drugs: anabolic agents*, stimulants, beta blockers, diuretics, anti-estrogens, beta-2 agonists and peptide hormone* (see subpart 2 below). No medical exception review is available for substances in the class of illicit drugs."

Source- ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/ncaa-101/what-ncaa

I believe you, but please relieve me of my mindfuck. It makes your heart work harder, right? Working harder means getting stronger. Sure, there's a limit eventually where too much means injury, but that's true for all muscles. So could you not theoretically overclock on a dosage that would cause improvement in your heart, rather than damage?
Protip- I'm a moron and feel retarded that I have to ask this, but its late and the grey area is fucking with me. Ambiguity and relativity rape my brain.

i have serious ADD and I've stopped taking meds is this bad

You're Russian, aren't you.

try to find a girl that doesnt mind burned out faggots

In my sport, you need a special exemption to take something like adderal. It's actually banned.

No, it doesn’t work that way. I can’t take the time to write it all out right now. But exercise will streangthen your heart and other muscles. Excessive abuse or stress does the opposite.

Just take it after running. Even caffeine (a much weaker stimulant) is not safe with aerobic exercise.

You’re young, I’m guess HS track, but the price for doing this will come later.

Adderall doesn’t make you more energetic. Physically it does nothing but curb your appetite.

Probably depends on the sport really. For something like distance running it's not going to do much if anything. For something like baseball though, yeah, I can see why they'd want to ban Adderall and push people who have ADD to take something else like Strattera (which, having been prescribed both, Strattera fucking sucks; in terms of actually treating ADD it's like taking Tylenol for a migraine).

Adderall is an amphetamine, and that helps with the "twitch" response so you react a little faster; in certain sports, most notably baseball, that's a huge advantage. If you look at the overall statistics there was a bigger drop in home runs after amphetamines were banned than after steroids were banned.

I act more like that with the meds crazy but focused but I love it

It does. You may not feel it or recognize it, but it does. The psychological effects are different between normies and ADHDs, but the physical effects are not.

I've got ADHD and I was taking meds since grade 3. Around grade 9 i started going to the gym. Got off the meds around the end of the year and my numbers went up drastically. Meds seem like more of a detriment then anything helpful.

>Adderall doesn't make you physically better

LOL a cns stim doesn't make you physically better A+ man really good work here.

I would just be even more thirsty than normal if I did anything athletic while on my vyvanse. Also fuck no if you take it regularly the physical benefits wear off after a few months until its only the increased attention span.

I'm sure it would actually be great for sports, gaming... increased reaction time, laser focus, etc. I'd be more concerned about the heart

This. Been on adderall due to extreme inattention since I was young. Ended up becoming a semi-pro CSS player for a few years back in the day.

Without adderall, I'm useless. With it, I can turn corners and snap right to heads, micromanage my movement and recoil control with robotic precision, and take notes of every call out, shot location, and footstep, using them to predict the locations, thought processes, and most likely decisions of every one of the 5 enemies.

It's no wonder that shit is being banned in MLG.

This. It's good for gaming, but it constricts blood vessels and dehydrates. It does dilate bronchial tubes allowing for more air intake, but it doesn't do enough to give a real advantage.