Islam

>Islam
>Christianity
>Judaism

why haven't you embraced the Dharma?

I am not in the market for nihilistic death cults.

then its perfect for you
only pure celebration of life

A man traveling across a field encountered a tiger. He fled, the tiger after him. Coming to a precipice, he caught hold of the root of a wild vine and swung himself down over the edge. The tiger sniffed at him from above. Trembling, the man looked down to where, far below, another tiger was waiting to eat him. Only the vine sustained him.

Two mice, one white and one black, little by little started to gnaw away the vine. The man saw a luscious strawberry near him. Grasping the vine with one hand, he plucked the strawberry with the other. How sweet it tasted!

wtf I love buddhism now

The virtuous man delights in this world and he delights in the next

two monks were watching a flag in the wind and contemplating its nature

the first monk said that it is the flag which moves
the second claimed that it was in fact the wind which moves

the Master, overhearing this debate, stated that neither monk was correct
It is only mind that moves

Dharma is how to smoke weed without weed.

I got into zen buddhism, then chakra meditation when I was in highschool. And it's crazy I uncovered something in me and I felt so depressed one day like something had switched. I stopped meditating afterwards but I feel like starting again. Although I am christian, I do believe in the healing power of meditation.

you can meditate in a Christian context as well, but the genera christian mindset is less receptive to these same ideas, and only Catholics have a robust "mystical" meditation tradition

Meditation is without thinking.
Why even mindset help anything ?

that's the point
christian tradition generally doesn't adhere to the idea of "emptiness" or achieving some state of tabula rasa but rather tells you to focus on God and the word

No you fool.
If he thinking it not even count at meditation.
And you really think a Chirstian gonna think about god 24/7 ?

Buddhism is the way to go.

Christian meditation, like that of Loyola and the rosary, specifically focuses on God rather than emptiness

of course not all the time

Christian, don't meditate with the Rosary.
They pray with the Rosary not meditation.
If you ever see a Christian meditation, they gonna just do it like the Buddhist or with special yoga version.

Proper prayer is effectively meditation

Can confirm.

I feel really sad that Hinduism is the only (more or less) remaining, traditional Indo-European religion.

Why did Christianity have to destroy all the native European polytheisms?

No, thanks. Oriental cults have this karma thing that I don't like, if you do something wrong something bad will happen to you, no matter what, instead in Christianity if you do something wrong and repent all is forgiven.

Not exactly, Jesuits do have a tradition of meditation, they call it such at least.

They pray and meditate the Stations of the Cross.

dude, just stop