Christianity Discussion Thread

For all things Christians.

Catholics and Protestants alike. All of you are welcome to discuss theology.

Atheists feel free to ask questions too. But try to be constructive.

Theme song: youtube.com/watch?v=SxsA3J_3kEA

Other urls found in this thread:

twoheartspress.com/how-to-respond-if-pope-francis-is-the-false-prophet-2/
youtube.com/watch?v=CVoWbOGzGPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=zNLoti4sjlI
youtube.com/watch?v=hvlCN6C7RGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=wNK2Cnvi7Eo
youtube.com/watch?v=6tRK6TWV19k
youtube.com/watch?v=tZvSuT8bYA0
youtube.com/watch?v=Z2VSpj08ejA
youtube.com/watch?v=kFtI_mVOXbQ
amazon.com/Aquinas-Beginners-Guide-Edward-Feser/dp/1851686908
youtube.com/watch?v=7-C1cpG6TLc
youtube.com/watch?v=FcN2i9GKsFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=eW11UrMkuwc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

whats yr favorite old testament story?

Without a doubt, the story of Daniel.

Reminder that Orthodox Monarchy is the only God approved government "they said, Give us a king to judge us. And Samuel prayed unto the Lord. And the Lord said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee"

Is Pope the antipope? twoheartspress.com/how-to-respond-if-pope-francis-is-the-false-prophet-2/

I've got an appointment with my priest tomorrow to talk about enlisting in the army.

I got the feeling on the phone that he's going to try and dissuade me, so I'm probably just going to keep saying "give unto Caesar" until he can actually give me a good explanation one way or the other.

Francis hasn't changed any Catholic doctrine. He's just moved to the touchy-feely side of existing doctrine to try and appeal to the Catholics who've been hemorrhaging for the last 30 years or so and create a stronger contrast with Islamic extremists.

He's an advertising spokesman more than a leader.

>He's an advertising spokesman more than a leader.

That pretty much sums it up for me.

He still has all the authority of the Pope, but he's being weak about it.

Is it true they think its wrong to try to convert migrants because it is "reminiscent of colonialism and imperialism?"

Does the Bible claim it’s perfect without contradictions, the opposite or nothing?
It wasn’t written God but by people inspired by the holy spirit.

Who? Francis?

Ehud. Works his way into enemy capital, is left handed so hides a home made shank on his right thigh, gets audience with fat king, shanks fat king so that the shank is completely inside king, hops out of window and escapes.

Servitors wait a long time to find out because it smells like the king's relieving himself, and they wouldn't want to interrupt that nightmare.

Just a little hidden gem in Judges.

Yes, demanding a King worked out so well for the Hebrews.

He's Petrus Romanus, the False Prophet.

youtube.com/watch?v=CVoWbOGzGPQ
The Bible does not forbid being a soldier, though this video has a bit too positive view.
The main problems are that America is often the aggressor force (offensive wars are morally precarious) and many of the soldiers are morally mercenaries (for pay and benefit instead of people and country).
If you become a soldier do not kill civilians, rape, loot, pillage or destroy needlesly and you should be good to go.

The Bible doesn't claim that it is perfect.

For example there is a small error where I think it's Matthew who says the rooster crowed once, and Luke said it crowed twice.

It's inspired by the Holy Spirit.

JESUS is the word of God. The word became flesh.

Petrus Romanus was never said to be the false prophet. That's just one interpretation of St Malachi's prophecy.

post best christian music
youtube.com/watch?v=zNLoti4sjlI

Bugger off. This bullshit belongs on /x/
Samson, the best Bible story. It's got everything :bitches being bitches, the main killing the shit out of everybody, a riddle.

Christians don't wear those suits any long, now they look like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=hvlCN6C7RGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=wNK2Cnvi7Eo

Here's what the bible says about being a soldier:

Luke 3:14 Likewise the soldiers asked him, saying, “And what shall we do?” So he said to them, “Do not intimidate anyone or accuse falsely, and be content with your wages.”

You will find that the Lord will bring you joy in service, even armed service.

>christianity in america
what a meme

>Implying that the body-politic of Christianity isn't relevant to Sup Forums

"Guiding the flock THROUGH the Tribulation" = False Prophet

Hello christiansbro

This world make me proud to be a Christian
youtube.com/watch?v=6tRK6TWV19k

Do you not know that God does not dwell in houses made of stone?

It says that it is inspired by the Holy Spirit.
When interpreting the Bible the order of authority is Jesus -> Apostles -> Old Testament. Meaning that you cannot interpret apostles so that it clearly contradicts Jesus and that Old testament has to be interpreted in the light of the New Testament. When speaking of the Old testament itself, I consider that the prophets give the correct way interpreting the other books.
Remember to stude Bible diligenty
youtube.com/watch?v=tZvSuT8bYA0

>Peter the Roman, who will pasture his sheep in many tribulations.

I agree that he is Petrus Romanus. I'm not certain that he is the False Prophet.

I think that is yet to come.

You do realize God was pretty much punishing Israel for asking for a king right? God didn't see any issue with letting the Judges rule.

do you mean Acts 7:48?

Post churches of your regions

The False Prophet's reign and the Tribulation are one and the same.

>Many tribulations.

The true tribulation begins in the last 7 years.

I don't think Francis will live that long.

Gorgeous

And knowing that, you continue to post pictures of houses made of stone.....made by the hands of men....where God does not dwell....

Have you finally figured out how you know the truth? :^)

Hard to argue with double trips, but he doesn't have to last long. It's time.

Anyone ever read Mere Christianity by CS Lewis? I've been reading it and enjoying it a lot so far. Unfortunately I'm sick right now otherwise I'd read some more.

Yes, it's an excellent work.

Who /orthodox/ here?

Agnostic here. (I just don't really know/mind the religion stuff)
Why should I trust Christianity, and in what way would it benefit me, apart from a more.. oriented life (with reasons, goals etc) ? I've always viewed religion as a way of killing with an excuse. (Middle-Ages, Islam as a whole, etc)
I also really don't understand that "faith", and how you can have it if you weren't born in a religious family, like, all the proofs that God exist, all the revelations and such all seems so.. fake? I mean, a lot - if not all - of them can be refuted with science/logic. I know some people would put their life in danger for their religions, but why? Don't you get kinda scared when your about to die, because your God did not help you or something? And the whole thing with Heaven and Hell is "great", but still kind of odd, the concept of eternity is odd for a non Christian like me.
Sorry if this is messy, but I have a lot of questions. Thanks Sup Forums

God is everywhere. Churchs are for us, not for Him. Where we are, He's.

So, he was punishing them by giving them King David, Solomon, Constantine the Great, and all the other good kings of the ages? He also gave us another king—Jesus Christ. Also the period of Judges was the worst period for Israel. Four times in the book of Judges it says "there was no king in Israel" and goes on to say how there was rape, genocide, kidnapping, forced marriage, and idolatry.

It's not time.

Conflict has to happen. We're not ready to accept Anti-Christ. A final push is necessary.

World War III or some similar event must happen soon.

I suspect that tensions will have to rise for the next couple years for that.

Interestingly enough, Isaac Newton predicted 2060.

Peace be with you my brothers

I am agnostic not an atheist there is no actual proof God exists but also no proof a higher power does not exist so to each is his own.

I have a solid distrust for organized religion, it has played a major part in history but has served its purpose and is no longer needed.

So pol how do you not see organized religion for what it is? Its a business using the fear of death as influence to inspire the masses for causes and profit. To me this is the ultimate red pill and it confuses why most people here don't see it for what organized religion is and what it always has been.

Je vais faire ça en Français.

J'étais comme toi, baptisé à la naissance, ayant fait ma première communion mais jamais élevé de façon "pieuse".

J'ai décidé de savoir ce que voulait dire mon baptème et me suis renseigné sur le Catholicisme. Je suis allé à une messe et ça a été le déclic. Je sentais que c'est là que je devais être. J'ai commencé à lire le Nouveau Testament et tu sens la charité derrière, tu sens à quel point le Sacrifice de Jesus représente énormément pour l'homme.

Après as-tu des questions plus spécifiques? Sur la foi ou autres?

and with you

youtube.com/watch?v=Z2VSpj08ejA

didn’t Jesus preach in synagogues?
didn’t Solomon build a temple in Jersualem?
after Jesus cleansed the temple he said: To those selling doves He said, “Get these out of here! How dare you turn My Father’s house into a marketplace!” John 2:16

He didn't do anything ex cathedra yet that would be against the catholic doctrine.
That of course doesn't mean that I am happy with him, just talking about gim being the antipope is too much for now. There were even worse popes in history, but Church prevailed them and he will prevail Francis

>no actual proof God exists

Have you ever heard of Super String Theory?

youtube.com/watch?v=kFtI_mVOXbQ

Good documentary on why the King James Bible is the true, and only unaltered version of the original old Greek and Hebrew translations. Also most non-english bibles are NIV translations, so you pretty much need to know English to have an unaltered version. Stay away from the NIV folks. Also most importantly, stay away from Catholicism (aka paganism). Read the King James Bible folks and use it for all of your questions. Never listen to what any Christian tells you without checking the source in scripture.

How has he done his work?
Matthew 7:“Beware of false prophets who come to you in sheeps’ clothing but inwardly are savage wolves. By their fruit you will know them. Grapes aren't gathered from thorns, or figs from thistles, are they? In the same way, every good tree produces good fruit, but a rotten tree produces bad fruit. A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, and a rotten tree cannot produce good fruit.Every tree not producing good fruit will be cut down and thrown into a fire.
Seek answer to questions
>Does he teach according Gods will?
>Does he bring glory to God?
>Is he spreading the gospel in Christ?
>Does his teaching bring people to Christ?

To me he seems too universalist, flirting with jews, muslims and other heathens.
John 14. Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?” Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
If he does not stay in this truth then he is a antipope and false prophet.

Let's start with faith. Faith is a human ability. It is the human ability to believe something you have not seen. You have faith; everyone has faith. Everyone was given faith by God, some more than others, so that we could function in life by being able to believe what we have not personally seen.

So I can believe Jesus walked out of His tomb 2000 years ago, by my very human ability of faith, even though I was not an eyewitness.

Anything you believe that you cannot see you do so by faith; wind, gravity, love, time; these are all things you have reasons to believe exist, even though you cannot see them.

The heart of Christianity is this: that Jesus Christ is God; that He became a human being so that He could pay the sin debt we owed God for violating all of His Laws, and that He rose from the dead on the third day.

That's it.

And by confessing Jesus is Lord, and believing in your heart God raised Him from the dead, you become a Christian. (Rom. 10:9-10)

It's important to separate religion, mankind trying to reach up to God, from what God did, reaching down to man. What God did, and believing what Jesus did, matters. What men do does not matter.

If it were up to many Protestants, the Book of Jude and James would have been removed.

There is nothing wrong in being in the army, in Poland we have kapelans which are priest in service to support the troops. Even killing people in war was justified in the Bible.

Also i’m not sure about this but aren’t Christians supposed to meet up? The early Christian met in their houses because they were prosecuted. Cathedrals and Churches are just a bigger versions of that.

So you go into a place like that and say "it's good to be in the house of the Lord", knowing that He does not live there.

You go into a decorated place like that and think that your feelings towards the architect and towards the artists are actually about God in some way.

Jesus was King of Israel when the judges were among the people.

They removed Jesus and took Saul, the tall guy.

Are you trying to tell me that religion-fags aren't just memeing on this board?

Surely you cannot believe in irrational things while calling yourself "red pilled", can you?

>can be refuted with science/logic
You don't know as much as you think if you truly believe this, for one. See Aquinas' proofs for God's existence. This is a good primer:
amazon.com/Aquinas-Beginners-Guide-Edward-Feser/dp/1851686908

Seek God and you will find Him.

People don't want someone to step out on the world stage and cause the entire world to be united, cause all wars to cease, invent a new global financial system, distribute food to all the hungry, provide medicine to all mankind, etc., etc., etc.

You sure?

>Implying that Fedora's are redpilled.

Religion is the redpill. Atheists are normie degenerates.

Organized religion represents systems of bondage.

Jesus did not come to earth to set up another system of bondage; He came to set men free.

And God lived in the Holy of Holies, yes.

He no longer does.

He's leading an emergent church, one that believes all roads lead to God.

It's a very dangerous lie because it is partially true. All roads do lead to God. Every man will find himself before the living God.

But after that meeting, and determined prior to that meeting, some will go to shame and destruction, and some will go to glory. That's the bit the emergent church glosses over. All roads do lead to God, but they do not stop there.

People want that.

But we're not at the stage where almost everyone would almost universally accept someone who would do that.

Too many would resist right now.

Conflict is necessary. The tension has to rise even more than it is at now, and it has to become so bad that everyone is essentially begging for a leader to save them.

We are not at that point yet.

American Christians would resist for example, and they would resist with weapons.

You must remember that they will win until the Lord returns.

You and I will likely be executed, or go into deep hiding.

>What God did, and believing what Jesus did, matters. What men do does not matter.

Amen brother. Something my mom taught me very early in life.

Not saying they are, but everything i have learned about this board points towards being red pilled and sincerely believing in something you have no discernible proof for, are two things that are incompatible.

If it were up to Christians, we would have the catholic church teach James properly.

Proper faith results in proper works.

I see no reason not to meet up in my fellow Christians houses. It's the only model that has worked since 32 AD.

Jesus said He would be where two or three gathered in His name.

Christians will not resist the Antichrist; we won't be here anymore.

And the people left in the churches won't resist the Antichrist; they'll adore him.

Good on her, and good on you for believing her.

I hate phony Christians more than atheists or agnostics ever could.

So you always pray outside?
Matthew 6:6
But when you pray, go into your inner room, shut your door, and pray to your Father, who is unseen. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

This verse is about not being Christian just to show off
God supported temples
But it shows you that you can pray in your home (a building made with human hands)

>implying they're more blue-pilled than the people worshipping Joseph's wife's son and his nowhere to be seen father

You're cucks, plain and simple.

One of the most interesting things pointing towards a creator or a "source" of all creation is something called Super String Theory.

I will give these short videos as explanation to give you an idea of what I mean.

youtube.com/watch?v=7-C1cpG6TLc

youtube.com/watch?v=FcN2i9GKsFQ

Super String Theory is a mathematical theory which suggests that there are in fact 10 dimensions, including the dimension of time.

Einstein proved that time is relative. Which means that it bends and goes faster and slower in different places. Which means that those time when you thought time was going faster, it actually WAS going faster because time is relative, and it bends.
Therefore, it is possible to exist outside of time. It is possible to exist outside of our dimension.

youtube.com/watch?v=eW11UrMkuwc

Actually, the false question to ask me is if I always pray in my prayer closet, as though it were any of your business.

I hope you're right.

But I think we have to suffer through all of it. I don't believe in pre-trib rapture.

>One of the most interesting things pointing towards a creator or a "source" of all creation is something called Super String Theory.

A theory that's not substantiated with evidence - great.

Also, a creator != the Christian god.

That is because Samson was heavily influenced by Hercules. The story of Samson is probably a remnant of a solar deity or solar hero in Jewish mythology that was synchronized with the Hellenic Hercules due to Greek influence in the area.

What's everyone's thoughts on sex before marriage?
>Been with three different girls before finding God
>now super religious
>could have gotten laid last night
>didn't because of thought of sin
>might do it tomorrow

When will you stop denying the fact that Jesus was Korean?

Anyone have any thoughts about either single or double predestination, specifically Romans 9:22? Is Paul talking in the hypothetical, or does this actually occur?

Jesus' harshest words and highest condemnations were to the self-righteous hypocritical religious people of His time; people so "religious" they make any modern day person look like a casual.

Paul did, and so taught the Thessalonians and Corinthians. It's okay though. You don't have to believe it to be in it.

I will check those out and get back to you.

Im having real existential crises, constantly.

I think I am an atheist due to just plain having disbelief that there could be any such thing as divinity. I would like nothing more than for there to be more to the universe than the impending entropy for all things.

Are there any meaningful answers?

He is, actually, as there is only one Creator, and one true God (the title for the one true creator).

Merci.
J'ai lu un peu de l'Ancien Testament, et y ai trouvé pas mal de passages violents quand même. Est-ce que la Chrétienté (?) ne se base que sur le Nouveau, ou l'Ancien? J'avais aussi un peu regardé l'histoire de Jésus qui est magnifique.
Je suis surtout intéressé par rapport à l'éternité, n'avez vous pas peur de cela? Ça a l'air.. ennuyant, l'éternité. Même dans le meilleur des mondes, y vivre à jamais serait impossible. Ne pense tu pas que c'est plus quelque chose de psychologique avant tout? Comme si croire en Dieu te donnerait plus de force chaque jours?
Thanks.
That's an interesting take on faith, but once again, gravity/love/wind etc. could be explained by science.
And.. for me, I can't really believe that someone actually revived himself, to walk out of a tomb, there's no "real" evidence, that I have saw, at least. You, I get this "that's it" responce a lot, and that's what is giving me so much trouble believing it.
Thanks, I'll buy it.

It's tough, because with sexual sin you sin against your own body.

The ideal would be two virgins mating for life. The closest you can get to the ideal from where you are would be your best bet for joy.

What do you mean?
I don’t really undesrtand your post.

It's all about faith man, no one will ever KNOW but you have faith that Jesus is your lord and savior

Nah. That is just Jewish mythology. God is beauty, and Semites are far from beautiful.

But it is substantiated with evidence.

The equation given for electromagnetics, which must work through 4th dimensional space(which bends and curves as well) correlates perfectly with Einsteins equations about the relativity of space and time, and also leads back to the original equation of Gravity itself.

Except Catholicism contradicts everything Jesus taught. You don't confess your sins to God or strengthen your personal relationship with Him. You use a MAN as a medium. You worship idolatry with your pagan practices, big churches, and marry obsession. Catholicism is literally Christianity being cucked by pagan Rome. Catholicism will lead you straight to hell. Repent and read the Bible.