What do you not like about your language?

>What do you not like about your language?
Japanese.
Our Kanji(its origin is from old Chinese character) has many plurality of reading that contains special reading (especially names of places)
So we mistake the reading of kanji sometimes even though we are Japanese native speakers.

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s05NKltdD35O
youtube.com/watch?v=jndqoHlAX1U
vocaroo.com/i/s1mlRSlUep3l
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Interesting, I always wondered if it was confusing for native speakers.

>flag
Impossible to make believable movie/tv scripts because written language differs so much from spoken. Results in every line sounding weird and acted

this

also, we lack the wealth of idioms that English has

>So we mistake the reading of kanji sometimes even though we are Japanese native speakers.
Why then don't use the Latin alphabet?

I wish English were more inflected. German is glorious.

It apparently sounds bad to foreigners

I unironically like my language a lot, I just wish Modern Tupi was more of a thing like in the XVIII century and not just an Amazon thing nowadays

The language is so simple yet so complex it could lead to multiple interpretation even if the context is known. Rather shitty t b h.

Because we are pride of Japanese kanji as Japanese and Japanese is the most language
has many homonym in the world.
So we need to use kanji in order to avoid mistakes.

The onomatopoeia in Japanese are weird to me

Mongrel language with too much slavic/german/modern influence, and all the etymology is lost to our own oldest words. I envy clean languages, where you can trace back the origin of the word and you can understand how that specific word came to be.

It's clearly not that special and can be done easily with latin letters.

I don't get this. Why can't you just literally transcribe spoken Finn, what's stopping you from it?

>transcribe
transcript*

Nah he's right, there are too many homonyms because the syllabary is so restricted. When speaking it's easy to tell what they're talking about but you need to kanji for the ideas because there's too much overlap of sounds

I think it's alittle weird we have little to no noticable accent in native tounge with exception for the obvious state accents (california and texas). At its core we have a very flat sounding language.

Although, it could be a positive.

>little to no noticable accent in native tounge

Please be taking the piss

>Because we are pride of Japanese kanji as Japanese and Japanese is the most language
In this case, it is more like protecting against foreigners, because hieroglyphs are extremely difficult to perceive
>has many homonym in the world. So we need to use kanji in order to avoid mistakes.
We also have a large number of homonyms, but they are easily distinguishable by the context of the proposal
We have the words, the meaning of which can be reversed due to the emphasis on the wrong letter, but they again are easily distinguishable.

The fact that my language sounds like the bastard son of Polish and Spanish

>
>When speaking it's easy to tell what they're talking about
How?

Japanese looks like an inconsistent clusterfuck. Sounds quite aesthetic though

My languages:
>English
Boring. American accent is annoying and loud, British accent is either too prissy and posh or low class.
Australian sounds best imo albeit goofy

>Bulgarian
Generally I love how it sounds (but I think that's because it's my mother tongue and will always sound sweet to me) but I dislike the Sofia accent and like the softer East Bulgarian accent.

Look atSo we have to use kanji.
In korea,they used kanji,too, but they use only Hangul now after they abolish kanji.
However,they can do such a thing because Hangul has many combination and pronunciation(Japanese syllabary,pronunciation are only about 50!)

it's pretty gay and orthography is fucked up with too many useless silent letters

>orthography = french orthographie
since when you pronounce 'th' as the th sound
and why the fuck do you still use 'ph' for f sounds
that's plain retarded

Could tell you're a foreigner because you said 'British accent' and 'prissy'.

Lel, yeah. Lived here since I was 5 though. I know there are a shit ton of accents in the UK, I just say British as in the stereotypical London accent which is where I live

It's just the way the phrases are shaped and what's common.

>we pride ourselves, as japs, in being cucks to the chinese writing system

>we pride ourselves, the brits, in being cucks to both the latin alphabet, and shittonnes of french words

Now Japanese kanji is already Japanese culture because we cucked Chinese kanji to Japan about 1500 years ago.
And from that we made Japanese letter ''H
hiragana'' and ''katakana''.

romanji is cancer to be honest

Korean is irrelevant as fuck. That's all.

>weeb
hm

>a latin based language that sounds slavic

What kind of impression does our accent give off? Do all of our dialects sound similar or remind you of hill billy speak in the south? Also are we hard to understand? Scottish and Irish accents can be very difficult to understand

I have heard that even native speakers get confused.

Vocabulary is a mess of Germanic and Romantic influences, also vocabulary is lacking and it's often difficult to express nuanced thoughts in a way that doesn't feel clumsy

>american banter

Is it possible to quickly record it?

UNA DELICIA

The spelling and pronounciation is dumb and inconsistent

the word that defines the most reatrded use of the english language is the word "colonel"

>What do you not like about your language?
Nothing, it's perfect.

grzegorz brzęczyszczykiewicz

ability to express nuance in english depends more on skill than anything

Out of all nations out there, you guys shouldn't have a problem with pronouncing this

the one thing we have in common

I use hiragana and a little simple Kanji when I wanna do that.

>one
Just make up and kiss

>tfw we've been around russians for centuries but portuguese still sounds more russian
we can't do anything right

That is true.
British friends I have known for years still get amazed at how well I pronounce that

what if we get magyar cooties?
nu-uh

Just our doctors write something like this
And I'm afraid to imagine how it looks when using kanji

wait, are you trying tell me that is not simply wobbly lines?

holy fuck
the dipshit cant even write on the proper side
just look at that red line
is he practicing for arabic or something

Regional accents are gradually disappearing in most places, even in the deep south a lot of younger people don't speak with the old accents.

>sofia accent
Is that even a thing? I was born in Sofia, and I speak the cleanest, most normally pronounced Bulgarian that I've come across, as do most of the other Sofia-born people I know, who don't come from a provincial family.. Of course, various selyaks who came to live here 10 years ago speak like retards though.

If you do not know the template, you'll never understand what is written

I mean the more Western BG accent, the typical one they use in the news, it's a bit harsher. I grew up in a smaller East BG town where our accents are soft and the accent is placed on different vowels sometimes

The dt rules and the autists defending it.

This. Diacritics can sometimes be a pain when typing, but otherwise it's great.

>native speakers always confusing (to, too, two)
(they're, there, their)
>words like bow, can be used as in the bow of a ship or tying a bow
>I find English to be a direct language but also can be quite flat and boring sounding

Douglas MacArthur considered getting rid of your shitty language.

I wish he had done it.

I often find myself asking people to repeat themselves/having to repeat things to other people.

I wonder if this happens a ton for more clear-sounding languages compared to our fairly thick, muted and fairly nuanced one.

I do love the sound of it. It sounds a bit more stern and manly than the other Romances.

Foreignisms

Most of the times you can understand unusual words by the rad, but when it comes from non latin langs, it fuck us up.

Eu creio que seja questão de sotaque, o pt-pt soa como se vocês fizessem muita força na língua/bochechas

Mas também pode ser que você ouça mal e fale pra dentro, como é o meu caso.

I'm from the heart of Texas and don't have even the slightest southern accent.

What does my accent sound like Sup Forums?

vocaroo.com/i/s05NKltdD35O

>e fale pra dentro
Falamos todos um bocado assim aqui. Isso e arrastamos algumas palavras. É possível que seja viés meu, mas sempre me questionei se o sotaque cerrado afectaria.

>pt-pt soa como se vocês fizessem muita força na língua/bochechas
Uau. Não de todo. No mínimo seria o oposto e fazemos força a menos, e quando falamos às vezes mal mexemos a boca por preguiça.

I fucking hate that about PT-BR. To be fair, a lot of the American versions of the Euro languages do it, and so do we to a smaller extent, and it bugs me a ton when we do it, as well.

i can read cyrrilic but that's unintelligible

It's spoken in third world countries like portugal, angola etc

I dislike that our language is the 'world language'

it doesn't sound bad but i find it kinda goofy
but it was probably the speaker
this is the first thing that comes to mind when i think of danish
youtube.com/watch?v=jndqoHlAX1U

Not gonna lie, that's got to be a Pyrrhic victory.

For me it's unreadable too

>I think it's alittle weird we have little to no noticable accent in native tounge

i love the way canadians pronounce the word "about" or any word with "out" in it

>brazil
>not third world
>macaco delícia ;)

kek this

I imagine that cunt figured this much. To me it felt like a joke when I read it. xD

I listened to it three times and it sounds like you're saying
>tetsas flad

what the fuck

>Vocabulary is lacking
>difficult to express nuanced thoughts

Um, what?

Ah, got it. I have family from Stara Zagora, so I'm used to softer dialects too.

I love my native tongue, Polish is a beautiful language.

Now I live in Spain and Spanish sounds so fucking goofy, how can anyone take other people seriously? Or watch a horror movie without bursting into laughter?

Honour the texas flag, I pledge allegiance to thee, texas; One state under God; One and indivisable!

Amarite?

You have to go back

vocaroo.com/i/s1mlRSlUep3l

In elementary's school before the morning announcements we would always say the american pledge of allegiance AND the Texas pledge. I'm pretty sure we are the only state that does that.

Although the school always went to great lengths to illustrate how the whole thing was optional.

IN the catholic school we had to sing the national anthem and head to church afterwards. They always made it seem like we HAD to do it for some reason.

In a different manner, I do feel what you mean. lel

you are not alone

I know, right? It's so hysterical and open-mouthed, with silly childish-sounding phonemes and words.

It's so hard to take them seriously.

Well your school wasn't a public one, right? Of course a catholic school would make you go to church.

CAPITALIZATION

You do. You can hear it in the words "flag" and "god" that are more drawn out.

Best US accent

for me it sounds like a perfect american accent desu

>scanrecepty.jpg

Why whrite sh, ch and zh as two letters? Š, č, and ž or what they have in Cyrillic looks much cleaner.

And it's not as bad in English, because they don't use these as much.

Oh god, all the "so you're going to be a doctor? :^)" jokes from my childhood...