Why do people like this?

Why do people like this?

Is it because there is nothing else to watch on tv?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VlHpAXIwdpA
reddit.com/r/television/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's boring as fuck

I feel like I'm watching the same damn episode over and over.

>Quad 4s
This is now a dubs thread
check em Chrissy

its pacing is a tad slow, fairly interesting to me otherwise.

>pacing
moron latching onto buzzwords detected

its getting stale i gotta admit

naw its pretty good. and yes,of course there is nothing else good on tv.
good tv 2016-2017
1 westworld
2 mr. robot
3-1,000 (empty)
even the nfl sucks now.

moron unable to respond to valid criticism detected

somone hates this show

>pacing
>valid criticism
Nah senpai it's faggots who don't understand how scripts work who use pacing as a placeholder for "i dont like it so it's flawed"

youtube.com/watch?v=VlHpAXIwdpA
nice quads

the first episode was pretty good, it's been a bit messy and not much as happened in the next 3 episodes. Not boring, but it's not great. Tv shows always have such shit pacing.

>and yes,of course there is nothing else good on tv.
Channel Zero?

even though the guy states he still finds the show interesting? lol....

what dis

And? Pacing is still a buzzword people use to sound like the are producers talking on a dvd commentary

Westworld is incredibly UNREALISTIC. There is simply no way that a theme park company controls the massive amount of land that would be necessary for an immersive park.

This is the future, remember? Overpopulation, rising sea levels (thanks global warming). Land will be in short supply. They can't dedicate these HUGE amounts of land to something as simple as a theme park.

There is literally no way for this plothole to be explained.

Quarry
Channel Zero
The Young Pope

The world's population is expected to plateau.

Also you can't rule out some kind of plague or disaster where the middle class gets wiped out.

Isn't there a better use for shrink ray technology instead of putting some people in a theme park?

Thats just your opinion of this situation based off of almost no information. You sound like a retard

>Is it because there is nothing else to watch on tv?

yes

How else am I gonna describe a slow as fuck show?

dont worry hes a idiot

>great writing
>great acting
>interesting plot
>interesting premise

Why wouldn't I watch it?

Food will be in short supply, land we have a lot of.

> Land is scarce in the future
Shrink rays will solve the problem

ok i'll check out channel 0. thnx

> I don't like it so justify why you do

get raped Sup Forumsermin

It's just boring. At the same time it's both on-the-nose and DUDE DEEP & SUBTLE, it wants to be though-provoking but in reality it's just pseudo-intellectual. The main actress playing Dolores is awful and ugly. The sheboon prostitute too. The male cast is literal nobodies other than Ed and Anthony.

> muh narratives
> muh consciousness
> muh thin line of slavery
> muh FUCK FUCK FUCKITY FUCK

They shrank everything and everyone down.

>in reality it's just pseudo-intellectual

You neckbeards say this about everything. I find it weird that you think people don't realize that at this point.

Checked.

It's alright. I was hyped as fuck after the first ep. Hopkins steals every scene he's in as expected. More importantly, he is given the best dialogue and it will be an enormous shame to see him go after this season.

I am starting to wonder if he is entirely human. He was using the third person quite a lot in his conversation with Theresa.

Show about creepypastas like Candle Cove

I think a big part of his characterization is that he's not entirely human in a non-literal sense. He creates life, he sees himself as transcendent.

I wonder how much the quality of the show boils down to individual writers. Watching something like Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul, every episode feels very cohesive, and the narrative is consistent and flows from episode to episode.

This show is already suffering from the curse of special snowflakes. Every episode feels disjointed, and I'm going to chalk it up to rotating writers/directors. BSG is a good example of a show that really started to suffer from this... well into it's 2nd season, at least.

It's JJ. He's poison. Everything he touches has potential, but gradually turns to shit.

Screencap this.

I'm clean-shaved, I shave every other morning because my job requires such thing, faggot. I only have like 90-100 minutes per day for visual entertainment, and Westworld sucks, I'd rather watch the much less pretentious Expanse for 3rd time that HBO's overblown garbage.

Retard.

so do that then kid, I work 45hrs in 3 days on average and find it easy af to follow ur just dumb m8 find something more your speed

>>great acting
gr8 b8 m8

I wish it weren't true but it's pretty bad honestly. It had such promise. The visuals are trying to sell it as kino.

Hopkins is still worth the price of admission.

ok

It's 'fear the walking dead' all over again. It's a show that doesn't understand pacing.

I think you're failing to account for the shrink-ray technology. Its revolutionary advance allowed for massive swathes of land to be used as a theme park.

Then stop putting episode 1 on repeat you fucking retard.

>great acting

Really though? Really? I can't think of anyone giving a notably good performance, everyone is either flat and one note or hamming it up.

the only thing flat here is your 12 year old sister. And I still know plenty of people who will and have enjoyed her.

reddit.com/r/television/

i think the retard theories in the westworld threads is killing the hype. there were a lot of ridiculous theories in LOST threads back in the day but they were never this fucking stupid

There is only one theory that's retarded and that's MiB = Will

What does this even mean? Reddit loves the show.

No, reddit hates Westworld. It also hates TWD. That's the reason we like it here. Please leave. Fucking redditors I swear.

Very nice.

>sheboon

Sup Forums

criticism invalid

holy shit this

all the scenes and characters blend together and become indistinct

jesus christ. this site wars shit is embarrassing

not a problem for me or anyone else I've talked to. every repeat of an interaction or storyline is always different is a significant way. are just not paying attention? alternatively you might be stupid

looks like they love it

if you like west world you must vacate the premises

yea I have trouble paying attention because I don't find it visually engaging. Don't like the cinematography and the lighting seems unrealistic.

How many episodes in is this show? Because I had never heard of it until yesterday and now I've seen I swear like fucking 75 various references, articles, posts, tweets, and recommendations since then...

>pacing is a buzzword
oh shit I'm on Sup Forums

Westworld is the best new show since.. I dunno. I would say GoT, but I can see how GoT is a bit much for casuals to get into, which I don't see in WestWorld. since..Lost? That just carries so much baggage because Lost's pilot was the best pilot ever and then every single episode was worse than the one before it for its entire run.

I dunno. you're all fucking crazy. This has been the best first 4 episodes ever probably.

>GoT is a bit much for casuals to get into

...are you serious? a comatose child could follow that show if it was blindfolded and dead in one ear.

Pleb redditor

sure, there are TONS of tv shows with more to learn in their first episode than GoT...

name ten.

>They can't dedicate these HUGE amounts of land to something as simple as a theme park.

It's maybe 15 miles in diameter, max. The map on the website makes a circle that's 9 miles in diameter. Maybe it's on Mars, maybe they terraformed the Sahara. Who knows, but it's not hundreds of miles big.

It's good but outside the scenes with Hopkins I'm not as hype anymore

Paint it Black had a sexy body though, was nice to glimpse her boobies

Lost had a terrible pilot that's why they were stuck on that island you retard.

who. ive NEVER heard that one before

WAHEY IT'S TIME FOR A NEW WESTWORLD EPISODE

>blackie talking to Dolores
>Thandie Newton has visions and looks confused
>Jimmi Simpson looks lost and distressed
>Teddy gets killed again
>Ed Harris kills some more people
>bitchfu is bitchy again
>another proof that Anthony Hopkins is the only person in this show who can act

OH FUCK WHICH EPISODE IS THAT AGAIN?

I wouldn't say always slow, I would say it changes flow rate. It obviously goes for the season 1 build up/reveal/ cliffhanger

Your post reeks of Reddit

Then stop watching, retard?

>newfag

You should stop using your phone in class.

>2 mr. robot
>muh faggot hacker shit

there are other good shows , but you stick to crap

>complaining that a scifi show about androids made to be indistinguishable from humans is unrealistic

THIS WHOLE THREAD

Remember when Sup Forums said the same about True Detective, its good how HBO can keep the plebs away.

The same autist people bitching about TD's lack of MOAR CTHULHU are the same people who think TWD is boring.

They're all faggots from Sup Forums.

Not gonna lie... I'm heartbroken about this show.

I thought we had another Lost on our hands. The air of mystery was tangible in the first couple of episodes. Then it just devolved...

I just can't ignore the plotholes and weak writing any more. The best scene from episode 4 was when Ford and that bitch had the meeting inside Westworld. There was some genuine tension there.

The rest of the episode was so... low stakes. I don't feel invested in any of the storylines. Nothing seems to matter apart from the mystery behind Ford.

I sigh whenever Delores comes on screen, the MIB storyline is a little interesting but even that doesn't really grip me. The 'spooky' elements like the little statues and inscriptions seem forced, the head prostitute's story is utter garbage.

I mean, they could still salvage it if the next few episodes raise the stakes dramatically but right now I feel very short-changed.

I know what you mean, I was shilling the show before it started because of Hopkins and because of the cool premise but it's going nowhere. Or rather it's going towards a filler season with a cliffhanger final episode. The fact that no one can die is completely boring. The only reason I keep watching is based Anthony Hopkins

>the head prostitute's story is utter garbage.

It's totally horrifying to find 30 other pictures of some creepy lab tech you drew.

More like the same fags who think William is ford.

yeah but she's been freaking out for 4 episodes now and she's still getting nowhere. Even after the last one all she knows is that someone keeps healing her

She is remembering something she was supposed to forget.
The whole point of west world is not who will live and who will die, it is far more fundamental, who will feel and who won't. This is a story about artificial intelligence, consciousness and all the promethean stuff which comes with it.

>FUCK THEY ARE CRITICIZING MY SHOW I LITERALLY INVESTED DAYS TALKING ABOUT HOW GREAT IT WAS HYPING IT UP AND NOW PEOPLE ARE REALIZING IT'S SHIT FUUUUCK

Seen two episodes. Can't care for the characters because they're either not real or the ones who are real aren't in any danger. They can't be harmed. No risk.

If snaketits aimbot and the billy the kid guy shoot up the town every week at the brothel robbery, and the MiB has been coming to town for thirty years, how can he never have met snaketits before?

>They can't be harmed. No risk.

Yeah, that's gonna last...

Read the plot of the 1973 movie.

you're a loser.

literally lol'd at 6 in the morning

Wondered the same thing. "Seen every inch of this park" but doesn't recognize half of the duo that shoots up the town every cycle. Should have said something about "not seeing the snake tattoo" instead of apparently being blind/retarded.

that was a new storyline introduced by britishfuck in episode 1

It's that he's not seen her with her tits out before.

No. They always shoot up the brothel. All he did was change the speech the guy gives a little for that week. He just changed some dialog. The only other thing he changed was moving it up a week because they wanted to referb some bots.

Which is why, like I said, he shouldn't say he had never seen her, just never seen her tattoo. If MiB has really done everything WW has to offer, it's a bit weird that he knows Hector's escape from prison as well as I know my short penis, but has never seen the girl who travels with Hector (a main character in WW's lore).

>The main actress playing Dolores is awful and ugly.

Yes, one of the most beautiful women in the world is ugly.

Fuck off back to Sup Forums.

ERW was better in Thirteen.

Maybe it all her time spent with Marilyn Manson, but her face has certainly gotten more doughy as the years have gone by.

She was more attractive as a redhead, they should also have got a younger woman. Oh well she is the Dolores we got.

well she is a single mom now irl