Aaron Lennon health fears as Everton and England winger is detained under Mental Health Act

>England international Aaron Lennon was detained under the Mental Health Act after concerns for his welfare.

>The 30-year-old, who has not played for Everton since February 11, was negotiated with by police officers for 20 minutes on Sunday afternoon.

>Officers were called to a location in Salford, Greater Manchester, following concerns over his state of mind. Tracksuited Lennon was at the side of a busy thoroughfare close to the M602 motorway and officers believed he was in a precarious situation.

dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-4467162/Aaron-Lennon-detained-mental-health-act.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l8zb_iaDJJA
youtube.com/watch?v=0wgspm8f_XA
congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/2646
congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/senate-bill/2680
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

F

Poor guy

Fucking hell, sectioned? Career's done then.

literally who

Over 350 appearances for Spurs, but granted he was never a big big name.

Absolute state of manlets

for a while, he was so good he kept andros townsend out of the team

F

;_;

Hope he gets the support he needs.

this. a lifetime of being so short just makes you lose it, apparently.

was lennon molested too?
>the molestate of british youth football

Too much racemix in his veins

>underrated post
only funny because it's true

Poor millionaire. :(

Oh cool something I actually know something about. Friend is close to his family. He's gay and my friend thinks he's been blackmailed over it for a long time.

Don't be shocked if it comes out.

This is the future for every over hyped manlet, pacy, black English memer.

F

whatever happened to that scoop about the gay english footballer a while back? Was that ever exposed?

I remember some Britbong sitcom episode where they kept joking about someone getting "Sectioned" and it got slowly more serious every time. Is this an actual thing? Why would you allow this

Peep Show? Absolutely based.

Oh really? That adds up, actually.

Not sure but listen to this cunt's voice and tell me he's not a poof
youtube.com/watch?v=l8zb_iaDJJA

100% Peep Show. One of the best episodes.

it's not a Britbong thing you fat fucking mess

It's a thing because people who are not mentally well aren't always the best people to decide for themselves if they are mentally well. It's taking them into mental care for their and the people around them's safety when they're too far gone to decide for themselves. I'm actually surprised that this isn't a thing in America.

sounds like an average limey. are you saying the island is full of gays.

it is, they just call it involuntary commitment/"getting committed" rather than "getting sectioned"

kek

It's just another way of saying being committed to a mental institution or hospitalized because of mental health issues. Most commonly with suicidal people.

I'd become mentally ill too if I had to live near scousers.

It was Peep Show youtube.com/watch?v=0wgspm8f_XA

He was apparently standing on the edge of the motorway thinking about suicide.

I always knew he couldn't cross but this is ridiculous.

I bet you got that off someone's Twitter, but I still kek'd, so well done

>It's taking them into mental care for their and the people around them's safety when they're too far gone to decide for themselves. I'm actually surprised that this isn't a thing in America.
If they did that there would be no one in the streets anymore.

That's so sad.

Why has it taken so fucking long?

Lol. This is something that we have in America, though. Problem is that a lot of people who need the most help come from backgrounds like inner-city black/mexican or fundamentalist white, where mental health issues are stigmatized. So they'll just act in a suicidal manner rather than actually committing suicide, and trust that somebody else will finish the job for them. That's part of the reason why black gangs have an endless supply of young men who will happily go stand on a street corner where they're almost certainly going to get murdered.

IIRC Lennon was really upset because they gave his #7 shirt to Son while he was still officially a Spurs player, disrespectful as fuck to a guy who's been at your club for 10 years

Jenas wrote an article about it

Think I remember hearing about his father having mental health issues.

Very sad stuff anyways. Mental health is so misunderstood all over the world.

He was probably just out cruising for cock

What the hell, I hate spurs now

JUST

F

Tbf, Lennon was part of the group of players who tried to lead a dressing room mutiny against Pochettino (along with Kaboul, Adebayor, and Paulinho). I can't blame Pochettino for being ruthless with him.

We all pretty much assumed it was Luke Shaw due to his big ass and gait (which is associated with high oestrogen)

this, I was nearly sectioned a few months back, I've had depression 6 months of the year, almost killed myself 3 times around christmas when drunk but at the moment it's not even slightly on my mind (although I am still convinced I'll die around age 24 of suicide). nothing even causes it anymore, used to be bullied ridiculously badly so that's just had a lasting effect, but it's just triggered by weird things. very hard to tell

>his country has a Mental Health Act

Lmaoing at ur life Britcucks

Lets section this cunt lads

>his country checks your wallet before they check your pulse

lmao at ur life Americucks

Are you retarded? We have multiple acts of Congress relating to mental health.

congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/2646

congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/senate-bill/2680

They actually don't. Our hospitals are required to provide service no matter what. The bills come later.The problem is when some poor bastard who is in that "sweet spot" where they are too rich for government-funded medical care and too poor to afford good insurance. And so many times, you end up with this fucked up scenario where a low-tier office worker in his/her late 20s needs help, gets helped, then has their life seriously damaged by the resulting bills.

It's a horrible blind spot in our system.

A) we do
see B) Judging by the high violent homicide and mass shooting rate, such an act would probably save lives

Shaw, Dier, and Alli are all probably gay. But I get why they don't want to come out (especially Alli, whose fans are probably mostly africans in London).

So say you have no insurance, and you go in with a broken arm, you need 2 casts over 4 months and multiple X-Rays. What would that cost you? Because here it costs nothing (then again obviously, we pay National Insurance which is 11% of our wages)

My guess is $3000

because despite however much the media promotes it, homosexuality is never going to be accepted. By definition it is a mental illness. It prevents the person with it from being able to reproduce and means the person is from an evolutionary perspective, a failure

it varies from area to area. Going in for appendicitis could cost anywhere from 1k to 50k depending on your situation and where you live. I myself paid $800 for them to do a blood test and tell me to go home, that was after arguing with them and talking them down from 3k

there's honestly a lot of truth to this. Whether you're for gay rights or not, it's pretty undeniable that the vast vast majority of society will never ever really accept gays

Good job arguing that down, don't they charge for stupid things like 'using the waiting room - $300'

Look at who commits most of the shootings in the country, are you suggesting we expel them? Racist ass....

Yeah, I find the whole idea of homosexuality completely revolting, but i'm not really opposed to gay marriage and that, it's not like it has any real effect on me

they charged me for 2 hours of doctor time, even though I never even saw a doctor, the blood test and a urine test. I've heard stories of being charged hundreds for tylenol and other crap like that though. They also like to make the wording convoluted so your average patient won't know what the fuck it means

>it's not like it has any real effect on me
thats way too much of a slippery slope m8

>his country's capital has a mayor that advocates for a take over by the religion of peace

Woah....so this, is the power of the British Empire....

I've actually been thinking about this a lot lately. Both England and the US have a very real classist system at work but the English are really really open about it and always have been and it feels like they almost revel in it and want a consistent poor class and ruling class whereas Americans try to deny and hide it but are much more ruthless about the poor and it feels like the ruling class in America literally want the poor to die

People generally choose a side and stick to it, there's a whole lot more to class than just wealth here. You can't just give a chav £1m and call him upper class, it's very much behavioural. The kind of job you have, the kind of job your parents have, where you're from etc. I grew up acting middle class af, then when I got to uni I changed persona subconsciously and now talk with my local accent (north welsh) and behave in a more working class way in general, it's kinda really hard to explain, but the mentality and outlook is entirely different

I hate this kinda thing and I'm a complete conservative, but it genuinely doesn't affect me, I'm not saying we should have all the blatant promotion that we current get on TV, but letting them think they're getting married is fine

He got elected because London is a white minority. Fucking disgraceful

'Your body is completely saturated with Dihydrogen Monoxide. Every patient ever exposed to this has died or will die.'

in usa its garbage disguised as capitalism

the government just doesnt care about us

ehehe

>following concerns over his state of mind
one of us
TSUUUUUUUUU

>genuinely doesn't affect me
but it will affect future generations, your kids and the kids of everyone you care about will learn that men sucking cocks and getting fucked in the ass is the same as men having sex with women.

that's a fair point
all I meant was denying them human rights just bc of their sexuality is wrong

but blatant promotion of it on TV and Media, and gay pride marches are genuine bullshit

the stories you're refering to is the hospital making huge mark ups on prices because they know that majority of the time the cost will be covered under insurance companies. Insurance companies also encouraged the hospitals to do this for the sole benefit of the mark up being consistent across the board, so insured or no insurance the mark up would still apply. Also considered the fact that the insurance comapny actually negotiates payment (they don't actually pay the full mark up), it's beneficial for both parties.

Higher revenue for the health care industry as a whole. The mark ups fuck you if you don't have insurance, and the mark ups practically force anyone capable and sound minded to get insurance.

its a pretty disgusting health care system, but i guess you benefit from knowing you pay for yourself and only yourslef. So if your healthy you "gain" alot from this kind of system.

To add to that, i've heard of mark ups like $24 just for the paper cup they give you that contains your medication. NOT the medication itself, but the cost of the paper cup they are required by law to serve it to you in

says the andaluciANO

Nah. Nothing bad will happen to them from knowing that other people have different tastes than them

>accept homosexuality within society
>suddenly everyone grows up gay

What

He needs to come home to Leeds United, 3 more seasons then retire come on lad

>Get taken to ER for migraine(splitting headache/light sensativity/distorted sense of balance/blurry vision/ect.
>Get charged $130 for IV drip(that only alleviated my symptoms for 2 days
>Got charged $1800(EIGHTEEN HUNDRED DOLLARS) for the bed I spent 1 hour in
This is what was expected of me out of my own pocket after insurance, absolutely insane. Not quite as bad as a 6k bill for an ambulance to the ER though.

Fuck hospitals. And they wonder why people don't fucking pay their outstanding bills to them.

Instead of being sad, be crazy or apathetic

don't try to reason with Sup Forums, you're kicking water uphill.
he's going to hit you with pictures of some 5-year-old boy in a dress and infographics about how there are more openly gay people now than there were 50 years ago or something, and those'll prove his point

Read my post again, Pajeet

thats exactly the slippery slope i was talking about: mental/evolutionary illness ~~ lol its just different taste.

Look, I'm completely straight but I can see the appeal of homosexuality, you'd be crazy not to. There are more impressive men than there are women.

>rich people cannot have mental problems

Grow up, mehmet

Idk. Honestly, if you have enough money that you don't qualify for Medicaid (which is like our NHS, covers the poor), but choose not to buy insurance, then you're a moron. I'm sorry, but that's just the reality of the situation.

So that's the future for every pacy black/mixed english player

sexuality wasn't even a concept in ancient greece, a society we consider one of the best structured in history. differentiating is a result of religious doctrine not mental illness

"gay pride" shouldn't even be a thing

he was having such a good time

>signed for Everton as prestige player
>they're now world's richest club
>thrown into reserves as global star after global star signs
>will never play in the 300k seater dock stadium

No wonder the poor guy is depressed

They can, but I don't care more or less for them than for any poor person.

I've been 51/50'd. (Sectioned in California terms)

Nah, the only thing I can't stand is this bullshit gay propaganda that they want us to swallow, and what makes me mad the most is when it's aimed at children. They fucking want to teach the gender "theory" at kids in school.

This shit is cancer just about as much as any religion.

That only proves you're a shit father.

Big difference between the class systems is that it seems easier to move between classes in america. If you work a lot, earn money, you can move up through the classes. Here, if a working class bloke won the lottery then he'd still be working class. Same as how quite a lot of the upper class are quite strapped for cash and have to rent out their homes and grounds to pay for the upkeep

>'Your body is completely saturated with Dihydrogen Monoxide. Every patient ever exposed to this has died or will die.'
More like "If this gets in your lungs, it will kill you in minutes"

GOAT show

>Evolutionary failure
Doesn't this imply a mission in evolution? There isn't one. It's an unintended consequence of simply living and reproducing

LITERAL ABSOLUTE MADMAN

there is a mission, the sole purpose of an organism is to reproduce. That's it, that's everything there is to it. Some species die immediately after mating because they're fulfilled their evolutionary purpose

This is neither objective nor science. It's your own feelsies wrongfully framed as evolutionary theory

He needs an extended break for football for sure.

jenas?

He's had one since 2015

never go doopin mental