Is 21 too late to start creating music...

Is 21 too late to start creating music? And how difficult is it to get signed to an independent label compared to in the past? ie. have the qualifications changed?

No.

get gud

How do I get signed to a label? Genuinely curious. Do I keep spamming my SoundCloud and Bandcamp demos? Or is there an actual path to follow?

idk no but if you do it as a job you will be homeless unless youre rich or somethin
and you will have to work 3* as much or be unique to even be noticed

Why do you want to get signed? Serious question. I'm going somewhere with this.

They call you.

The qualifications have never changed. There is only one qualification: make music worth listening to.

Make music worth listening to

Fuck a label u money hungry faggot

What kind of music is the actual question

It really doesn't matter. It all boils down to the one question.

You're incorrect there are varying levels of marketability this is an immutable fact

do you like sucking the sperm out of a ballsack through a penis straw and swallowing?

Obviously 21 is not too late but it's extremely difficult to stand out in any given genre.

>Is 21 too late to start creating music?
Fuck my life. Fuck my stupid 34 year old life.

I really dont like the kind of person you appear to be. But if you want to make songs, go for it. But you will never get anything out of it. Pro music is just ghost writers, badass producers/DJs doing everything while the pretty guy or girl (drake, cardi b) is the face of the corporation.

Leonard Cohen was like 35 when he released his first album, you’re fine dude

yeah but not for talyor swift shes a GODDESS

Yeah, but he could write songs.

social media presence, marketable identity, ability to tour, connections, decent music

Yes, too late. Too bad.

Maybe if you want to be the hippest mass market youth sensation or flavor of the month music critic hyped / memetic "indie" person, you would want to be already actively honing your craft and promoting your self/musical product.

Otherwise don't worry about it.

Just face it, you'll never be famous.

You aren't special, no matter what your mommy tells you when you finish showing her ur shitty track and she has to lie to stop you from killing yourself.

You will never be a rockstar, you will never pioneer into new genres, you will never get the cars, the money, the women, or the attention.

You will never have young girls getting wet when they are in your mere presence.

But it's not like you had a chance to begin with? Martin Garrix went to an elite school of musicianship and has been producing for over 10 years, and he's only 20. At 18 he was touring the world, fucking bitches and getting money for producing child's play, whilst you fail to produce a musically coherent 4 bar loop.

There are 1000's of producers like this, child prodigies just itching for a chance to show off their amazing work, and you honestly think you stood a chance? No, you don't even have the intellect required to be a producer, so even if you "grind"(cringe) you will get no where and will never finish anything.

By all means, keep feeding money to Native instruments and cymatics, but keep in mind your going to have to work 9-5 for the rest of your life, and probably put in a few extra hours a week to pay back your debts.

>inb4 Martin Garrix is bad.
No, as he gets more pussy than you and i'd prefer to listen to his shit over anything you have the courage to upload and call "music")

>inb4 "I just do it 4 fun xD"
You don't, stop lying to yourself. You secretly want to prove everyone wrong, but think people can't see through your facade.

>Is 21 too late to start creating music?
Unless you amputated your hands or went deaf, I don't see why that would be the case.

>What kind of music is the actual question
>It really doesn't matter
Do you live in reality?

To get paid to make music. Is there another way?

Here's your (You)