Daily reminder these animals give you a unique protozoan brain parasite and we have literally no idea what it does to...

Daily reminder these animals give you a unique protozoan brain parasite and we have literally no idea what it does to us besides some vague hormonal biochemistry.

Daily reminder that the US government is interested in toxoplasmosa gondii and has probably done some incredibly advanced research on it to see if it can be weaponised.

Daily reminder you are blind if you don't see the consequences of this.

Other urls found in this thread:

researchgate.net/profile/James_Mcauley3/publication/11848617_Toxoplasma_gondii_infection_in_the_United_States_seroprevalence_and_risk_factors/links/5412a0290cf2788c4b356375.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=zvEWFjWfqiU
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC117239/
youtu.be/rXNvusFPsBQ
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19744303
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Eat well kitters

Eat well kitters

>OP forgets to mention this only applies to outdoor cats

Eat well kitters

False. A mother cat can pass on t. gondii to its kittens.

Eat well kitters

Eat well kittens

Mohamendas why so but mad that we Western people got pets?

That's not the point. The fact t. gondii can only sexually reproduce in cats is mere coincidence.

>literally no idea what it does to us
The how bad can it be really. If there were really strong effects then they would be able to diagnose them. Cats and people have been around each other for a damn long time. If they gave us something crazy like ass cancer, then the connection would have been made.

eat well kitters

Eat well Kitters.

Eat well, kitters.

The parasite also comes from other sources and other animals. Our inability to go in and kill parasites such as malaria and other chaugins, and other such bugs is not the cats fault.

All things will be better as technology increases. Nano and genetic treatments might very well bring the targeted treatment and destruction of these bugs.

That way I can enjoy pet ownership of both my cats and my dogs even more-so than before.

Over 1/4 of people in the United States have it, and even more in other countries. You get it from eating undercooked meat most of the time; being infected through cat feces is extremely rare.
researchgate.net/profile/James_Mcauley3/publication/11848617_Toxoplasma_gondii_infection_in_the_United_States_seroprevalence_and_risk_factors/links/5412a0290cf2788c4b356375.pdf

Chagas, and other*...

eat well kitters

It's likely the precise opposite of cancer. The parasite most probably benefits us and makes us more socially cohesive, gives us endorphin hits at the right times, testosterone when it's needed. It's theorised that the parasite has adapted its survival on humans meeting others and being social instead of being isolated. This isn't prethought by the parasite, it's simply our reaction

It doesn't hurt us, it makes us stronger. But should we ignore an organism in the world simply because it's not going to kill us in 10 years?

Eat well kitters.

Daily reminder that 80% of German and French population has toxoplamosa.

It should only concern you if you have AIDS.

It's also incredibly high in certain regions of India.

>Toxoplasmosis is a parasitic disease which predominantly affects the central nervous system and eyes; it is caused by the protozoan Toxoplasma gondii. Serological evidence shows that toxoplasmosis affects a large proportion of the world population [1]. T. gondii can only sexually reproduce in the gut of felids; however, it is capable of infecting most birds and mammals, including humans, as intermediate hosts in order to transmit to its primary host [2]. The infection can be transmitted via contact with contaminated food or soil or congenitally from mother to child. The parasite forms tissue cysts, mostly in the central nervous system and eyes of hosts, and in immunosuppressed individuals or unborn children it can lead to serious complications such as: hydrocephalus, retinochoroiditisor encephalitis [3]. In healthy individuals the disease is latent and does not cause any apparent detrimental symptoms. There is new evidence that suggests T. gondii may be capable of altering the behaviour of the intermediate host in order to favour transmission to its feline primary host [4]. It has always been assumed that toxoplasmosis is asymptomatic in healthy people and is only a threat to immunosuppressed individuals and unborn children; however, there is recent evidence which links the disease to various neuropsychiatric disorders such as schizophrenia [5, 6]. Toxoplasmosis is a globally distributed major zoonosis and research is currently being done on effective diagnosis and treatment options in both humans and cats. Important new research is also being done on the pathophysiology and possible neuropsychiatric effects of this disease.

> There have been a number of studies which link toxoplasmosis with schizophrenia [5]. A large number of studies found an increased incidence of toxoplasmosis seropositivity (presence of T. gondii in serum) among patients suffering from schizophrenia [34]. A meta-analysis of these studies shows a statistically significant correlation between toxoplasmosis and schizophrenia. Furthermore, antipsychotic medications have been shown to prevent T. gondii specific behavioural changes in rats [35]. T. gondii has also been shown to affect dopamine in the brain, which is a common pathological process shared with schizophrenia [36]. A causal relationship has yet to be established; however, treatment trails which show that treatment of toxoplasmosis improves schizophrenia symptoms are likely to elucidate this link [6]. Because of the association with dopamine signalling, toxoplasmosis has also been implicated in depression [5]. This is new research and requires further investigation.

>was always around street cats as a kid

Roughly a fifth of the human population is infected and it doesn't even reach the brain unless you're some faggot with AIDS. I wish 100% of the population was infected so people with AIDS would all die already.

>it doesn't even reach the brain unless you're some faggot with AIDS

That's totally false. It infects the brain and the eyes in its dormant state.

This^

Did you eat their shit?

If not, you're fine.

>tfw my 19 year old cat died almost one year ago today...

Oh also, if you have rhesus negative blood (Rh neg) then you are immune to the neurological effects of toxo.

SHIT

>be an achmed mohammad muhammed the II
>want to stone cats

Cats are for infidel kaffirs? How subhuman are you muzzies

Well I was and still am pretty anal about washing hands after touching things but you never know with those ayy brain parasites.

My cat is sitting next to me right now. The only reason I made this thread and continue to post about t. gondii on Sup Forums is because I contracted it last year.

eat well kitters

Cats are bad but fluoride is ok.
Be sure to get your multidose vaccines while eating nutritious GMO corn.

Parasites don't "infect" organs dumbass. This just shows how ignorant you are about the shit you talk about. Go back to fucking goats, those are safe in your religion.

You probably got it by touching a door handle that had cat shit on it.

Its the most successful parasite in the world.

Fuck you Kitters

Great work completely missing the point. How much are you paid? Do you get it directly from USA or a private holding in Mexico?

Cats have responded to your thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=zvEWFjWfqiU

Does this explain crazy cat ladies? A friend of mine lives with their family and they own over 6 cats. She's also been getting steadily for neurotic over the years.

you could have at least dusted the hat off before taking that picture

cat lover here. Honestly, I don't care. I just love cats.

It's too late, I already fell for the fluffy jew

Yes, it does explain it. There's a large correlation between toxo infection and schizophrenia.

>It doesn't hurt us, it makes us stronger

Wouldn't that make it a symbiote and not a parasite then?

WARNING TO ALL SHILLS AND USEFUL IDIOTS

TOXOPLASMA GONDII HAS ABSOLUTELY NO EFFECT ON HUMANS

If you have a cat you're honestly a faggot and you deserve brain and ass cancer

Apparently it causes behavioral changes mice and theoretically people.
Can I blame catworms for being a total loser?

Does it explain why they're always so ugly looking?

How expensive is it to check cadavers for t. gondii?

It might be interesting to check for risk-taking behavior, I mean that's what it does to mice.

Eat well kitters

What we know

>Causes sexual promiscuity
>Causes reckless behavior
>in large doses, causes coma and death

But my concern is cats kill billions of birds every year. I decided last night I'm gonna start capping them if they don't have a collar, all these irresponsible people not spaying their pussies need to be put down.

>It might be interesting to check for risk-taking behavior,

Already been done.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC117239/

What does a collar have to do with a cat being neutered?

Kek

>in large doses, causes coma and death
>in large doses

It's an infection, you moron. Either you are infected or you aren't, there is no low or high dosage.

I remember reading about this parasite because Rita very interesting. The parasite is pretty much proven to be behavioral altering. Mice who have it were shown to be attracted to the smell of cat piss, something a normal rat would avoid.
Whether or not it affects human behavior idk, but it would be interesting to find out.

Eat well kitters.

parasite infection is only a risk to pregnant women, the elderly, immune compromised, and small children. Even then you can negate it by washing your hands often.

I've had 9 cats in my life so far. Also I've fostered dozens of orphan kittens from 1 week old to 4-6 months.Yet I don't have any brain parasites.

I would say so. My friend constantly misdiagnoses herself and says things like that she's allergic to eggs but then consumes egg products without any side effects. She's developed aversions to other foods and is now very underweight, compared to before when she was a healthy weight.
>tfw her breasts went from a C to A because of weight loss

Idea is nothing new, if they succeeded doing something practical though....

Sounds like something someone controlled by parasites would say. But really, I think the people more at risk to get toxoplasmosis are the ones who let their cats free range of their house, especially in the kitchen area on the same counters they prepare food on.

You are most likely infected but don't know it.

Because I'm a somewhat nice guy, and don't want to kill an owned cat. Stray don't just happen, that's people not taking care of their cats, allowing them to produce litter after litter without worrying where the cats end up. Even if all strays were culled, eventually more would come becaus of human irresponsibility.

Can't be worse than these vermin.

It's probably from being around her nutter family. Give her the dick.

dindu nuffin

DAILY FUCKING REMINDER that toxoplasma gondii is

A) only harmful to pregnant women

and

B) you can only get infected if you handle cat feces

You dont get them from petting cats

I can't keep the cats off the kitchen counters. They know they aren't supposed to be up there. As shown by them running when they see the squirt gun I keep in the kitchen.

I take care though to sanitize any counter surface I put food on, before using it.

Pretty sure Intermittant Explosive Disorder is now being linked to this.

It's a parasite, you fucking mook. Maybe do a quick Google search before you embarrass yourself.

>what seeds?
>oh these seeds. I was just holding them for you.
>see all safe now.

That's physically impossible. It might also be because her family is just as crazy, with the exception of her dad, her mom is into the occult and one of her older sisters is a useless peice of shit who contributes nothing to the family. Her oldest sister is also normal but she escaped years ago.

At least you sanitize it. I've seen a cat drink out of a glass of water and then my friend goes ahead and drinks from the same glass, disgusting.

Also you cant ask your doctor to diagnose it on a blood test.

They need to do a special kind of test that costs shekels and isnt covered by your health insurance at least here in Europe.

thing is if you've walked outside with no shoes on you've probably walked in cat shit on some level

I heard gays have t. Gondii

So I say we form a militia of cat people like those dudes from tommyknockers and start occupying offshore oil rigs

>no collar
>unowned

But good idea shooting people's pets. I'm sure that would turn out well for you.

sorry to hear about your condition

nope, this parasite is related to adrenaline junkees. if you love drugs or life threatening situations this parasite could be a factor why you like it so much

eat well kitters

I change glasses of water often. Two of the cats will stick their paws and face in any water glass left unguarded.

One of them also likes to try and steal food of my plate, while I'm eating. That gets tossed too, once touched.

Shut down this thread

Maybe the cure for neets is licking stray cats

>weaponized cat scat

wew

>kitter
>dogger
>horser
>pupper

STOP this shitty meme. you fucking cringe-fruits.

Whew I'm safe in my shutin neet ways then.
Though I admit brain parasites controlling you even indirectly is horrifying idea.

>if you love drugs or life threatening situations
I love both those things but havn't lived in a place with a cat in years

Chill, frogger...

Cats are the real jews

calm tight, frogger

Say hi to my cat Oliver

Is this why the ultimate warrior painted his face like a pussy

youtu.be/rXNvusFPsBQ

>The parasite most probably benefits us
Hmmmm

Muslims love cats retard
They hate dogs

Also remember, you don't have to handle cat shit to get this. It can stay in the environment for months, sitting on door handles and railings.

>In addition, this stage of the parasite was very robust and could survive in the environment, depending on the climatic conditions, for up to 12-18 months.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19744303

>this thread

this shit is fucking fascinating

>Autistic for having a discussion on the most successful parasite in the mammalian kingdom

This is why Brazil never gets anything done.

>tfw cat shit will save western civilization

That's a chippie, not a squirrel, you stupid Americunt.