Hi medifags

Hi medifags,
About over an hour ago, an alconhol glass fell next to my foot and some of the broken glass cut my foot. The picture of of the cut on my foot. Should I be worried as I have heard about tetnis and infection and stuff?

Bump.

Go get stitches before it gets infected.

Looks fine, no sign of infection so far, get it sterilized as best you can and make sure your tetanus shots are up to date. If anything changes go see a doctor.

It's OK as long as you didn't spill all the alcohol.

Well, the problem with glass is it always has tiny shards that break off. The biggest worry you should have is small glass particles being embedded in your skin. They can cause an abces. Those will get infected easily. You will have to scrub the wound pretty hard to get them out.

But, if the glass was dirty, then you might want to worry about infection. Don't worry about tetanus unless it was filled with rust.

medifag here - looks like early onset tetanus, you need immediate medical attention

Medfag here. Just disinfect it with isopropyl or H2O2 and wrap it in a clean bandage. Dont worry about tetanus unless you havn't had your booster but thats some bad shit if you catch it. Youll probably be fine if you keep it clean.

This. I stepped on some broken glass and like a month later I had a infection waay after it healed. It was like a deep pimple.

There was barely any alcohol in there. I knocked an unwashed glass at the sink while reaching for a kettle I needed for my noodles with vegemite.

Don't do that op, this creates mustard gas

i really thought that was a pig in the thumbnail before reading it was your foot.

>tetnis
wew

wow that nick looks like it might be a few mm big. best get to the ER before it gets infucted

I guess you do have a point there.

You need to make sure you absolutely never allow your toes to line up from now on. Otherwise you will get Tetris and you will lose all but your piggy toe.

my grandmother died of tetris ...

That looks like some scoliosis right there.

I really don't want to die tonight.

Symptoms of tetnis?

Alcohol is a disinfectant. You'd actually prefer that there was lots in there. You should probably pour a couple shots over the wound.

Will drinking alcohol work just as well?

i can't think of a more disinfected surface than the inside of a liquor bottle with liquor in it.

It depends on what type of alcohol. If it was sugary shit then it would make it worse. If it was Everclear then youre in the clear

Bump..

Show soles i finna bust a nut to ur cute feet