They just built one of heae in my town. What can euros tell me about it? Is it true it's for poor people?

They just built one of heae in my town. What can euros tell me about it? Is it true it's for poor people?

These*

Lidl is for poor people, Aldi is for poortricians like yours truly

>Is it true it's for poor people?

Nah that's Lidl. Aldi are middle-tier.

who came up with this dumb fucking names like lidl and aldi

They've been building a bunch around my area. I went to check it out, but I couldn't figure out how to get a cart, so I panicked, went into the store for about 3 minutes, walked around, and left without anything.

you just pop a quarter into the little thing on the right of the handle my man

it's a pretty fantastic store. first time in there I couldn't help but laugh at how blatantly the generic brands were copying box designs of the name brand, but shit's cheap and good quality

They're different in America than they are in Europe. Anerican aldi is poor fag

>not enjoying a delicious titan bar

It's cheap as fuck

You can get good things like glühwein in Aldi which you can't get elsewhere.

Lidl on the other hand is fucking abysmal with damaged products on the shelves and an overbearing atmosphere of depression and poverty that permeates the entire store. But it's still full of cheapskates buying their cut-price animal flesh to make nutritional dinners like this one.

does your lithuanian gf take you to the eastern european shops aha

The founders of the companies of course. Are you dumb?

Other way round. She's vegan so tends to avoid such things.

do you feed her kiwis then aha
>tfw no suicidal lithuanian kiwi eating gf

I meant I force her to go to e. european stores because I want to buy beer, bread and certain kinds of junk food.

This is the only thing worth buying from aus/NZ stores here. Everything else isn't much different to what you get at any supermarket here, only twice the price.

>I meant I force her
>tfw no lithuanian gf to manhandle around when we shop togehter
I only have my mum to drive to aldi and asda

It's worth checking out, some stuff is cheaper and good quality. Some stuff isn't

yeah specially the vegetables and fruits are disgusting, but i guess americans will ignore it anyway.

>Refugees

I have both a lidl and an Aldi in my town. I'm a huge fan. Cheap and decent meat, fruit and veg. Much better than the other supermarkets we have here, save Waitrose and M&S.

There's two Aldi OP. Aldi north and Aldi south. They were founded by one man as one company and when his sons took over they fell out over whether or not they should sell cigarettes. They split the company and each operates in different markets.

Americans don't eat fruits and vegetables, so it doesn't matter.

It's ok man. You can have good products with good prices. Not only for poor but also for normal people. Should be more civilised than Walmart

Yeah, in Europe it's relatively cheap stuff. But it'll all depend on the actual politic of the brand in your country, it's won't be necessarily the same.

If you want an example, Wal Mart used to have some malls in Germany until 10-12 years ago. Those were somewhat regular supermarket for regular people, not your typical southern-states full shart-in-mart-morbidly-obese-scooter-redneck-targetting US Wal Mart.

There's some hilarious stories about the sons. Both are obviously super rich but at the same time very frugal, in line with their companies. So when one of them died, the other brought superfluous flowers from one of his supermarkets instead of buying them from a proper florist.

Aldi in Germany is a mixed crowd.
You see the poor fags there but also cheapskate rich white moms in their Mercedes SUVs.

They just opened one in my town, in Wisconsin. It's for sure the cheapest, but the produce quality is worse than I've ever seen in my life.

Aldi and Lidl exist in Germany for big brands to sell their shit off-brand for a lower price and still make a profit from the lower income brackets that wouldn't otherwise buy their more expensive brand products and don't mind a less fancy supermarket interior. This is pretty much an open secret here.

Seriously, in many cases it's really the same stuff and sometimes they don't even bother to the change the form of the packaging(for example yoghurt pots) and put just another label on it.

There are some websites dedicated to tracing the products offered to the actual big brand companies where they originate from.

I like the little bacon wrapped steaks they have there. They go great as an appetizer to something you don't eat too often, like deer meat or something.

Also, always cook them on the grill. And if you close the grill when you cook, you're a faggot. Kill you are self.

>tfw haven't eaten all day because I left my wallet at home this morning before I left for work.
>tfw my own post is hurting my stomach

aldi is great

Aldi is great for poor students (like me ;_;). It is very cheap.

They're for sensible people mate.

Their cheeses and mustards are very good

I like Aldi because it is German and hitler was German.

>But it'll all depend on the actual politic of the brand in your country, it's won't be necessarily the same.

Aldi are the official supermarket sponsor of the Team GB Olympic team here, so have a lot riding on looking good and healthy.

Well it's a sports team

The ones here are full of shit that is basically bootleg versions of the real, higher quality brands. I don't shop there.

Store with nothing but generic stuff

It's alright. Better than going to Wal Mart like a savage that's for damn sure

Is Aldi like Trader Joe's?

only in that it's a small grocery store. it's more like a small scale costco. lots of cheap store brand stuff, but the name brand things are still cheaper than normal as well.