I haven't seen Aliens in like 5 years and I can't remember which cut I've seen

I haven't seen Aliens in like 5 years and I can't remember which cut I've seen

which is better DC or theatrical cut?

dc because it explains more and sets scenes better

SE

pls elaborate why you prefer which cut more

the dc one shows Newts family before the attack from the aliens and also shows various scenes after the ambush on the marines where they areholding out and have turret sentries take out aliens to divert and hold them off, (which is a cool ass sequence) thus why dc is better also the opening has more explaination about ripleys life and how her daughter has been dead for 60 years etc. (alien isolation explains this supposedly or atleast goes off of this)

thanks, that sounds familiar so I'm guessing the DC is the only cut of Aliens that I've actually seen

np man, this movie is one of my all time favorites, it just sucks that alien 3 takes a giant shit on it

never actually seen Alien 3 but I'll watch it before the new one comes out. It's the only movie in the series I haven't seen.

it's just additional scenes worth watching

the derelict being shown as damaged by volcanic activity, providing Cameron's intended explanation for the absence of the SOS signal is the only essential thing for the story, but it's never explicitly pointed out anyway, it's just behind the scenes trivia

TC

The DC parts are unecessary and actually hurt the flow of the story. The fact they didnt show the colony before the marines get to see it made the first part so much more tense when i first watched it.

If you're watching Alien 3 it's imperative that you see the Assembly Cut.

Whichever cut of Aliens you see doesn't matter when you compare it to the cuts there are of Alien 3.

>ruin the best chestburst scene of the whole series
>completely remove the second best one
>still no explanation for the Sulaco eggs

A3 AC is a waste of time

The longer the better.
And Bluray.

>liking dogburster
>liking queenburster
holy fuck

>not liking queenburster but liking queenhugger
>liking qt oxburster with pacing and tone totally off
>liking Terminator 2 ending with 80's effects

wew

DC is much better.

>not preferring pupper in a costume
which cut is this on?

>liking A3

pls

What can I say? I liked the prison planet setting.

Original.

A3 feels more like a really good Riddick movie.

Also why are Alien movies just better if half the cast are space-britbongs
It just adds to it somehow

Trying to make sequel to a Cameron movie must feel like going on stage with out of tune instruments after Michael Jackson performed Smooth Criminal for the first time.

I prefer the theatrical. It has better pacing.

nah, I just watched it recently and that whole 20 minutes at the beginning destroys the pacing and doesn't really add anything to the plot. we know what happened to the colonists. also the motion guns scene in needless. original cut is better